The General Ross County Chat Thread

39 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Didn’t White get around 11 league goals last season? That isn’t that bad in fairness. 

He also went ten hours on the pitch without registering a shot on target, between the wins vs Dundee United in February and May. Feast and famine.

Edited by bunglebonce

Whites good at what he does, and for what he does clubs at our level are unlikely to ever get one thats not bang average with flaws.

Youre better having someone like that than not and they aren't easy to find.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whites good at what he does, and for what he does clubs at our level are unlikely to ever get one thats not bang average with flaws.

Youre better having someone like that than not and they aren't easy to find.

For clubs of our stature, it’s him or Brian Graham.  

31 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

He also went ten hours on the pitch without registering a shot on target, between the wins vs Dundee United in February and May. Feast and famine.

Alex Samuel, Dom Samuel and Jordy Hiwula scored seven goals between them last season.  Famine and famine.  

Our fans are screaming for Brophy and White to start against Airdrie.

One blaming White for sitters missed against St. Johnstone and pointedly ignoring Murray's misses.

38 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Erected a manky fence on/in the curtilage of 2 listed structures... should surely result in being removed...

Edited by StoneThrowAway

36 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Erected a manky fence on/in the curtilage of 2 listed structures... should surely result in being removed...

Ach, I'm sure Network Rail remembered to slip a note or two to some useless git on the Planning Committee. 

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

That's attrotious, imagine requesting that be put up. Whoever requested/signed off for that should be given a hefty boot in the baws.

44 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That doesn’t happen without the knowledge of the Mallard though.  

The Mallard is a leasehold, so the Brewery owner may well have had a letter.  Its a kick in the balls for the pub no matter what.

39 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Drinking outside on the terrace/platform was literally the only good thing about the Mallard.

Yip, agreed.  I gather they sought permission for picnic tables on the platform but Network Rail refused.

20 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Having watched most of last season unfold it's a bloody miracle he got 11 considering the service the forwards received.  Given that he scored more than twice as many as anyone else at the club last season I really think we need to give the carping a break. Ditto for Randall - he's no Cafu but he never hides and works his cajones off.

2 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

Having watched most of last season unfold it's a bloody miracle he got 11 considering the service the forwards received.  Given that he scored more than twice as many as anyone else at the club last season I really think we need to give the carping a break. Ditto for Randall - he's no Cafu but he never hides and works his cajones off.

- Defend the striker who doesn’t get service.

- Defend the full-back who doesn’t provide service.

Understood.

FWIW I am fully aboard the Randall-as-a-holding-midfielder hype-train. His appearances this season suggest he is a better fit there than many midfielders in the squad. However he barely ever put a decent delivery into the box when coming forward from deep. It’s nearly three years since his one and only registered assist as a full-back/wing-back. A team with a target man needs more than that.

I want the team to create more chances than they did last season. I’ve said my piece so consider that carping finished.

White's pretty decent at attacking a specific kind of ball. A type of ball Harry Clarke, who attacked and bombed forward at every chance had in him, but Randall always wants to play safe once he's past halfway. He's generally zero attacking threat with his crosses. DCM seems like a much better fit for his skill set.

On 16/08/2023 at 11:29, StoneThrowAway said:

Mallard.JPG.6b1fccf70f6d6a07ef3ac981d085b98e.JPG

Screenshot from Registers of Scotland.

The title boundary for the Mallard (edged red) extends to where the fence is. I assume British Rail own the rest.