The General Ross County Chat Thread

46 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Well… the guy certainly hasn’t been fit for a while - perhaps since he signed. But I’m still not sure what he’s supposed to bring in a formation with a front 2. 

45 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It's hidden behind a paywall, that I'm not prepared to pay but it's about time we saw some end product from Sims imo.

The manager is certainly giving him an run in the team, and with Dhanda potentially out (and possibly a target for other SPFL boot boys) Sims should be taking more responsibility.

In fairness, he's looked decent and added to the attack & defence in our cup & league matches so far this season. He just maybe needs to be more decisive and shoot more to benefit from the positions he finds himself in.

16 hours ago, sting said:

A good start for County today in what was billed as a very tricky tie. 2-0 up with goals from Turner 

Turner looks like he might be a canny signing.  That was an excellent-dare I say it Dhanda-esque- finish.  

Edited by Savage Henry

14 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Aberdeen at home in the next round. Tough game but could’ve been worse.

Bring it on, a home tie is the best we could have hoped for. I'm confident we can give anyone a good game at home. Win this and we're off to Hampden for the Semi final.

We're away to Aberdeen on the Saturday before this game too.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I can’t work out whether Midge looks like a 16 year old Weegie, about to whip out a flask filled with thunderbird or-the-like, or if he looks like a mid to late 50 year old enjoying his one and only night out of the year. 

I’m thinking Derek Adams is about the only one who can spell his own name out of that squad.  

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Big father-in-law on a stag do vibes from Adams there.

That looks like a clipboard in his hands. Absolutely taking note of the worst offenders (it'll be Midge).

I see Jason Naismith has now ended up at that Johnstone Burgh mob who seem to be snapping up all the has-beens. Still only just turned 29 too. Really, really bizarre what’s happened to his career, although from what I’ve read about him recently he struggles to jog let alone run. 

Edited by Staggie_93

On 21/08/2023 at 12:43, StuartTaylor said:

Dyron Daal was mentioned on the Airdrie match thread, which reminded me I have this pic 😂IMG-20230820-WA0007.thumb.jpg.f6a8b96a165d45cea23a15a6d4fe079f.jpg

Do you think they got a bulk-buy discount on those trainers?