The General Ross County Chat Thread

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To be fair, it’s often the guys who weren’t good enough - Mikey Fraser is another one.  There are other guys who think the sun shines out of his arse - generally the ones who demonstrably improved under his guidance like Ritchie Brittain.  

Possibly along with the whole of that Scottish Cup run / 40 unbeaten in the league-era squad.

Goodness me, we did have some good times under DA...

Film Leaning GIF

I thought Mikey Fraser had stood up for Adams in the past?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If the likes of Higgins, Craig Curran and Chris Millar are happy enough to pipe up with an opinion, there's no chance that the majority of the squad are happy to put in maximum effort for Adams.

I think the line-up vs Thistle was deliberately B-team-ish, and Adams alluded to giving players a chance and they haven't taken it. However, in a league of such fine margins among the diddy teams, the caustic man-management isn't going to help anyone.

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I honestly don’t hear him throwing players under the bus.  

Nor me. The team is inconsistent, doesnt score enough and underperform and they were like that long before DA arrived. Now we hear some may not be giving 100%. Dont hear any ire being directed at those. If any have downed tools then I would be the first to dip my hand in my pocket to help pay their taxi fare out of Dingwall.

For me haters are always going to hate and the absolute pile on I have seen and read on various social media channels is laughable. Its like folk are queuing up to listen to his post match talks with pitchforks and then foaming at the mouth when he speaks his mind. I personally back the man to the hilt, not through blind loyalty, but because I judge him on his past record here and in England.

Judge the man when he has his own players in.

9 minutes ago, silver said:

A bunch of half-season loan signings, you mean? 

He may well be building a squad in the Championship if this carries on. Are County fans meant to sit on their hands until then?

Motherwell punted Hammell after getting pumped by Raith Rovers last season. They were at least away from home.

It's a huge week with Livi, St Johnstone and Motherwell coming up between games with the Glasgow uglies. If there's no win from those three, Adams becomes even harder to defend than he already is.

11 minutes ago, morrison said:

A bunch of half-season loan signings, you mean? 

Yeah. It's very hard to get decent players in on proper deals in January. And if we want to be sure of avoiding relegation, the evidence suggests we need players that are better than the ones he inherited.

23 minutes ago, morrison said:

Motherwell punted Hammell after getting pumped by Raith Rovers last season. They were at least away from home.

Just looked into this. He didnt win a single game in 13 and the 3-1 loss against Raith ended his 6 month spell in charge. Not sure why his sacking is relevant.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I honestly don’t hear him throwing players under the bus.  

He’s talking about not doing the basics right, which I take as insinuating the players aren’t adept. The damage was done after Dundee, though. 

21 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

He’s talking about not doing the basics right, which I take as insinuating the players aren’t adept. The damage was done after Dundee, though. 

They manifestly aren’t going the basics right. 

2 hours ago, silver said:

Nor me. The team is inconsistent, doesnt score enough and underperform and they were like that long before DA arrived. Now we hear some may not be giving 100%. Dont hear any ire being directed at those. If any have downed tools then I would be the first to dip my hand in my pocket to help pay their taxi fare out of Dingwall.

For me haters are always going to hate and the absolute pile on I have seen and read on various social media channels is laughable. Its like folk are queuing up to listen to his post match talks with pitchforks and then foaming at the mouth when he speaks his mind. I personally back the man to the hilt, not through blind loyalty, but because I judge him on his past record here and in England.

There’s more to it than the results though. It’s the batshit crazy interviews, the player movements and then on top the insipid performances.

I just don’t have a clue what he is trying to do. It looks like he’s trying to deflect on his own shortcomings.

Here’s the thing: by all accounts Derek Adams is thoroughly decent company off the pitch.   I don’t really understand his press interaction either, and I assume he says the polar opposite on the training ground.  A football version of Nixon’s madman theory. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

They manifestly aren’t going the basics right. 

A fair point. 

To be honest, I don’t think the issue with yesterdays interview was anything about throwing players under the bus. My problem with it was the implication he was giving that he regrets taking the job now, which is taking the piss out of us all as supporters.

10 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

A fair point. 

To be honest, I don’t think the issue with yesterdays interview was anything about throwing players under the bus. My problem with it was the implication he was giving that he regrets taking the job now, which is taking the piss out of us all as supporters.

Yeah.  There are a couple of answers that he’s given that I’m sure he’d like to take back, and that’s one of them.  

14 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

My problem with it was the implication he was giving that he regrets taking the job now, which is taking the piss out of us all as supporters.

I didn't read it as that. I read it as there were issues at the club that he didn't expect. He answers "Yeah, you've got to look at that" in the same way he says Yes before any answer he seems to give in a press conference. Robbo said similar on the BBC midseason podcast, it's an awful time for a camera to be shoved in your face and everything you say to be scrutinized to such a high degree. I wouldn't hate the club giving Cowie interview duties for the foreseeable just to take the heat off Derek a bit. It's not helping anyone ATM even if he says anything positive 

8 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

I didn't read it as that. I read it as there were issues at the club that he didn't expect. He answers "Yeah, you've got to look at that" in the same way he says Yes before any answer he seems to give in a press conference. Robbo said similar on the BBC midseason podcast, it's an awful time for a camera to be shoved in your face and everything you say to be scrutinized to such a high degree. I wouldn't hate the club giving Cowie interview duties for the foreseeable just to take the heat off Derek a bit. It's not helping anyone ATM even if he says anything positive 

Surely if he didn’t regret coming up, he would answer the question by simply saying “no, I don’t regret coming up”. Instead he makes a load of statements about underperforming players and budgets; a roundabout way of saying yes without saying it.

It's been several years (I'd say since sometime around 2016/2017) of three or four decent players surrounded by guys who shouldn't be playing above Scottish Championship or English seaside league level. The reaction to Samuel going out on loan is pretty damning and indicative of how poor things are - I'm sure he's a great guy but he's not cut out for the Premiership, yet people are gutted to see him go. 

Everything just seems so short-term and has done for years. Folk have suggested in the past that Mackay had a vision and a strategy but I don't buy it - signing players onto long-term contracts isn't a strategy when you don't have a clear vision on how you want to play or how you're going to fit them into a functioning team.

I've not been to a game in almost 4 years now and there's nothing about this season that is enticing me back. 

Understand that with the cost of living these days, spending a lot of cash on going to a game especially if you have kids is something to very carefully consider. We could have gone on a Scottish cup run, Partick have Livi at home next match. 

I bought an early bird season ticket, I will certainly be supporting the team in the remaining games. Whether I personally like Adams or not doesn't really matter, it's great for the town I was born in to have a team playing in Scotland's top league. When I started watching them, they were bottom of the Highland league.

There are certainly a lot of issues going on, perhaps a lot more behind the scenes. Just hope County somehow stay up, regardless of who the manager is. 

Adams does have to reflect on his own words & behaviour as I feel it's turning fans away. That is after Malky which is some feat!

why are our facebook fans still adamant we have a squad that's too good for the position in the league? it blatantly and absolutely isn't

i think most sides in the league (livi aside) wouldn't take many of our players. dhanda and laidlaw are the only two outstanding ones. brophy, if fit.