The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

P&J reporting Dhanda has signed a pre-contract with Hearts. Get that captains armband straight off him...

Bummer if true, but suppose was always going to happen, can we gat a fully fit Liam Boyce off Hearts to make up for it?

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Doubt it all you want. It's been agreed. 

No hard feelings from me, he's definitely leaving in the summer and he's been a great player for us. He's earned the bumper new contract that I'm sure he's been offered.

As I'd said above I heard figures that clubs in the Midlands/North West of England were offering him so if Hearts can better that, then fair play to them.

20 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

No hard feelings from me, he's definitely leaving in the summer and he's been a great player for us. He's earned the bumper new contract that I'm sure he's been offered.

As I'd said above I heard figures that clubs in the Midlands/North West of England were offering him so if Hearts can better that, then fair play to them.

Not sure where I sit with it tbh. I think he's a good player, and may step up more in a team that try to dominate games a bit more. Hearts definitely lack a bit creativity as well but I can't see any way we want to set up with both McKay and Dhanda in a lineup so if we've offered big money I'm not 100% sure it's a great use of it. 

That said I'll fully support him and hope he does the business.

Alex Samuel has seen 6 strikers come to the club since he’s been here and been third/fourth fiddle to every single one. Granted he was injured for a 6-9 month spell, but 2 managers have come and gone, seen him train everyday and decided we have better options. He got 2 goal involvements in 35 games in all competitions for us. He’ll suit the ding dong nature of the Championship because he’ll get far more space to run in behind - see the state of Raith’s defending on Saturday as an example (2nd goal a great finish, to be fair). However, he’s nowhere near technically good enough for the Premiership. I hope he comes back next season and proves me wrong, but I suspect sending him out on loan has made him find his level. 

Are we expecting a car park interview from del boy on deadline day as he rushes down to Morecambe to pick the players up, with Jim White salivating over the possibility of a deal, or will deadline day simply be Wednesday?

Edited by Super Staggie

1 hour ago, Super Staggie said:

Are we expecting a car park interview from del boy on deadline day as he rushes down to Morecambe to pick the players up, with Jim White salivating over the possibility of a deal, or will deadline day simply be Wednesday?

Well I'd imagine Deadline Day will be Thursday as that's when it actually shuts, think at 11.30pm.

We'll definitely see 1 more but don't bet against 2 just yet

9 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Another one incoming…

Somebody had mentioned Michael Efete.  A right back.  Which would be completely superfluous as Brown is more than decent. 

Was hoping to see another winger or a striker, but we instead bring in a third right back which is one of the very few positions we have a competent player in place already. You have to wonder what is going through their minds.

Edited by Staggie_93

I’d understand this signing if we had a lack of centre midfielders and we signed another right back to play Randall in the middle of the park. However, we’re Ross County. We never have a lack of centre midfielders.