The General Ross County Chat Thread

Posted (edited)
On 14/05/2024 at 18:29, Savage Henry said:

Right.  The two things he did of note were to sign Yan Dhanda and to professionalise the scouting network.  Other than that, his hoofball will not be missed in the slightest. 

Dhanda is a fantastic player. Such a shame he is leaving. 

Regarding MM I think also his game management in the first leg of the play off last year was noteworthy.

2 nil down and a man sent off against a rampant Partick, he stemmed the tide tactically and kept the tie alive. 

Edited by Neilfs

18 hours ago, Connor Macleod said:

Glorious that's made my day🤣🤣 words of advice to County fans before you start mocking people for being less fortunate sort your own mess out 👍enjoy the play offs. Mon the Rovers!

Ach well, if the worst thing were to happen & we get beaten by Raith, at least our season tickets won't go up in price & we'll have the derby games to look forward to next season 😄 

Heard Willie Miller on the radio yesterday suggesting Ross County are "a well-run club". Consecutive relegation playoffs and three managers in a season would suggest otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Heard Willie Miller on the radio yesterday suggesting Ross County are "a well-run club". Consecutive relegation playoffs and three managers in a season would suggest otherwise. 

Remember, Millers base comparison club is Aberdeen.   So compared to them I think that's a pretty accurate statement from mad Willie

That was pretty poor stuff for 60 minutes yesterday, Aberdeen dominated the game. Got the break when Loturi came on and that shifted the balance in our favour along with the sending off (which helped enormously). When it mattered this season we folded. Defeat to Livi, hammered by Motherwell, threw away the game V SJ and scraped a draw v Aberdeen. Beating Rangers and Hibs is all very well and good, but no point doing it if you follow it up with results like that.

DC may be 'one of our own' in a lot of peoples eyes, but that doesnt matter me to me. Sorry but still not convinced he is the man for the job.

1 hour ago, silver said:

DC may be 'one of our own' in a lot of peoples eyes, but that doesnt matter me to me. Sorry but still not convinced he is the man for the job.

Sorry, 100% disagree with that.

Don's young, he will make mistakes, like any manager but the character of the team has improved 10 fold since Don's been calling the shots. He's the man to lead us imo, he deserves a chance.

Who would you realistically suggest instead of Don Cowie?

Posted (edited)

In fairness to Cowie since he’s had the job, all he’s had is a youth coach and a goalkeeping coach (I think anyway) helping him out. He really needs an experienced assistant manager beside him if he is to get the job on a permanent basis.

Edited by Staggie_93

Carl Tremarco seems like a decent coach.  I don’t really have a problem with Cowie and him getting the gig, but I’d assume a more experienced assistant will come in.  Fair to say Cowie will get the job full time whatever division we’re in.    Oddly, the atmosphere around the club seems excellent.  

My final post from Spain. Met Juan today and he said County were like Real Madrid, County get to play offs like Real get to Champions League finals. TBH, Juan is getting to be a smart arse. Although ,as we bade farewell he did ask me who was RandomGuy was as he thought he may have some unresolved issues. Fair play to you Juan, adios compadre. 

Your interim  manager is a credit to your club with the professional manner in which he dealt with knowing you were the number 11 tram and in the playoff.  First words of his interview was to congratulate Saints and Craig Levein.

Compare that to Mr Murray at Raith who waffled on recently about the normal order and teams like Saints should not be in Premier League - 16th year coming up Mr Murray.  This from a man who could not hack it at St Mirren and has found his level at 1st division and championship level.  Just hope he gets the Hibs job.

So good luck in the two matches - at least uncle Roy has you playing on grass.

What is the disabled parking like in and around the ground in Dingwall? Bringing my father in law up on Sunday and he struggles to walk any distance. 

Gutted it's yourselves we're playing, was hoping it would be St. Johnstone to get a chance to relegate Levein. Hopefully will be a couple of cracking games 

1 hour ago, Langtounlaud said:

What is the disabled parking like in and around the ground in Dingwall? Bringing my father in law up on Sunday and he struggles to walk any distance. 

You’re probably best to call the ground, because other disabled parking is a 10 min walk without mobility issues. 

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Sorry, 100% disagree with that.

Don's young, he will make mistakes, like any manager but the character of the team has improved 10 fold since Don's been calling the shots. He's the man to lead us imo, he deserves a chance.

Who would you realistically suggest instead of Don Cowie?

Going to get pelters here.......Dougie Imrie should have been the first and last phone call after we punted Malky.

13 hours ago, Langtounlaud said:

Gutted it's yourselves we're playing, was hoping it would be St. Johnstone to get a chance to relegate Levein. Hopefully will be a couple of cracking games 

tapatalk_1615211905192.jpeg.534cd7456868fd116f926f8d8595e9e6.jpeg

On 20/05/2024 at 14:51, silver said:

I was very anti Cowie and the 'jobs for the boys' route, however, I think he's proven himself well. Maybe a little naïve at times, but more than capable...

Hearing rumours that Mark Ridgers is on his way to us after their relegation!

At first I didn't think much of it but knowing the connection to the club that he has with being at us before, his wife previously working at the club and her family being very close friends to Roy.....maybe there is something to it after all. 

I know he had some big mistakes recently but he was reliable enough before then. Decent enough back up for Laidlaw? 

21 minutes ago, stag317 said:

At first I didn't think much of it but knowing the connection to the club that he has with being at us before, his wife previously working at the club and her family being very close friends to Roy.....maybe there is something to it after all. 

I know he had some big mistakes recently but he was reliable enough before then. Decent enough back up for Laidlaw? 

A 33 year old Division 1 keeper who's mistakes in the play off contributed to his team getting relegated?  I dont know what you've poured on your porridge this morning but it certainly wasn't milk.

25 minutes ago, stag317 said:

One of his family members told my mate he's moving abroad, but I reckon he's signing for Brora.