The General Ross County Chat Thread

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We’ve been “about to announce Simon Murray to Dundee” for about half a year, according to Dundee fans.

Yeah, but we've just Tweeted a ginger emoji so...

58 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

FWIW I think he will go at some point in the window. I think County will wait until we have a striker in the door first before allowing him to leave, though.

Anyone been down at training to see if there are any unfamiliar faces?

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're about to announce Simon Murray to Dundee apparently. 

Yup, we're well aware that this is about to happen. Sometimes, I allow myself to flirt with denial but we know it's happening.

We need some fresh faces in, I'm just back from Germany (amazing place & people) and now I'd like a distraction from the Euros.

16 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m seeing Charlie Telfer apparently trained with County today. I don’t know much about him, but seems like Airdrie have somewhat resurrected his career in the past few years. 

“I’d have kept but surprised he’s found at club at that level” vibes.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

“I’d have kept but surprised he’s found at club at that level” vibes.  

He's an interesting one, he came to us two years ago after a poor, poor season at Falkirk. He took an age to sign before "settling" for us (clearly when no better offer emerged- see previous poor season comment). He was unremarkable in the early part of that season but began to gain momentum as that season progressed to the point most folk were pretty happy he resigned again. He was a revelation last season, player of the year as we finished fourth and an absolute mainstay.

This leaves us with basically two trains of thought:

1. Last season was his peak, he hasn't had one as consistently good before anywhere as far as I can tell and won't reach those heights again not playing a team that suits him as well as that one did. If so, he will be a poor signing.

Or

2. He kicks on again, which if that happens he will absolutely be worth a punt for a team in the bottom half of the premier league. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Ferguson in the P&J - four or five “new” signings, with a back up keeper being the priority.  Josh Sims possibly one of the five, plus probably Charlie Telfer.   

I’m not exactly brimming with confidence after reading that.  

Hoping it's the 'promise low but deliver high' approach...

Edited by Lanky Highlander
typo

To update you on the Murray stuff, our ITK (and he genuinely is) poster has said the deal has hit a snag due to wages. Apparently he's very well paid by you lot.

This has led to our forum going into meltdown with wild speculation of people saying he's on between £3k and £4k per week with you lads (Surely not?!) and some Dundee fans are that desperate to sign him they're saying that'd be an acceptable amount for us to pay for a 33 year old journeyman but alas, the deal might not happen.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To update you on the Murray stuff, our ITK (and he genuinely is) poster has said the deal has hit a snag due to wages. Apparently he's very well paid by you lot.

This has led to our forum going into meltdown with wild speculation of people saying he's on between £3k and £4k per week with you lads (Surely not?!) and some Dundee fans are that desperate to sign him they're saying that'd be an acceptable amount for us to pay for a 33 year old journeyman but alas, the deal might not happen.

See, this is where the story begins to go off the rails.  Murray will go back to nearer Dundee for well publicised reasons.  He’s not going to be looking for a pay rise.  

I can say in all honesty that I have not even the slightest clue what County's wage structure is like, but in the unlikely scenario County do actually pay him £208,000 a year there's no way he can expect to get near that from anyone else & I'm sure he's aware of that. That's bonkers money.

I think from memory, there were other teams after him at the time of 'purchase'? I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying silly money on wages.

I would be surprised (if the wages stated above are correct), that anyone would pay a transfer fee and those wages on a 33(?) year old...

If they are, then this is Simon Murray......... 

ab019ac84e0c5caabf789136e923948b-1687947881-1277x720.jpg

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

You lost me at ..."journeyman".

The man's a baller, his form is fantastic and you'd give your eye teeth for him. You've got good taste.

As for speculation about wages, this is P+B and a fair amount of the guesswork is surely bollocks...

(I'd be very sorry to see him go but if that happens but understand the specific family reasons and would wish him all the best).

3 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

You lost me at ..."journeyman".

The man's a baller, his form is fantastic and you'd give your eye teeth for him. You've got good taste.

As for speculation about wages, this is P+B and a fair amount of the guesswork is surely bollocks...

(I'd be very sorry to see him go but if that happens but understand the specific family reasons and would wish him all the best).

I mean, it's exactly what he is. I'd love to add him, yes, and he's been fantastic for you lads, but he's a dictionary definition of journeyman - even joined QP in League 2 for the money and a stint in South Africa. 

Edited by Ludo*1