The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, sting said:

His start here was a bit disrupted by the international break with returning to Austrailia but is showing now what a good player he is. Totally agree with the article and believe he will thrive here in Scotland. The big problem may be holding on to him come the end of the season 

I'm not exactly in the know, but my understanding is that Nizz had lots of offers from Asia and lower league Europe (for pretty big money). He wanted upper league Europe but (because of his height) RC was the best offer he got from a league that would put him in the shop window.

He's signed a three year contract so if he does leave after one season RC will get a decent fee. 

Enjoy him while you've got him - he's a farking ripper.

2 hours ago, Coastie said:

I'm not exactly in the know, but my understanding is that Nizz had lots of offers from Asia and lower league Europe (for pretty big money). He wanted upper league Europe but (because of his height) RC was the best offer he got from a league that would put him in the shop window.

He's signed a three year contract so if he does leave after one season RC will get a decent fee. 

I think I read that he was lining up a move to Hibs, but they sacked the manager and David Gray/ Malky thought he was too small, so County made their move.  

4 hours ago, central staggie said:

Along with Chilvers, he's in the team as a playmaker so there's a fair bit of creative responsibly on his shoulders. So far, he's looked alright. Hopefully with a few more games under his belt he'll come into his own.

He's got an eye for a pass that Chilvers hasn't quite shown yet. He set up the Hale goal beautifully and he also played Randall through for another excellent chance. He's quality.

Playing Hearts on the weekend who'll be hoping for a new manager bounce. They do have some quality in their team so you'd expect them to improve.

Perfect opportunity for Nizz to have a real statement performance in front of a big crowd against a few blokes he knows. He's good mates with Kye Rowles who will be warning his team mates of the Nizz danger. They'll underestimate him though. Other teams always do until they've been stung a few times. How long before he gets taken out in the first five minutes by some slack-jawed panel beater sent out to break his leg?

Fortunately he's hard to catch and even harder to hurt.

8 hours ago, Coastie said:

Playing Hearts on the weekend who'll be hoping for a new manager bounce. They do have some quality in their team so you'd expect them to improve.

Perfect opportunity for Nizz to have a real statement performance in front of a big crowd against a few blokes he knows. He's good mates with Kye Rowles who will be warning his team mates of the Nizz danger. They'll underestimate him though. Other teams always do until they've been stung a few times. How long before he gets taken out in the first five minutes by some slack-jawed panel beater sent out to break his leg?

How often did that happen in Australia?   Why would it happen here?  

From what I’ve seen, Nisbet isn’t going to be targeted for anything particularly.  Given the higher standard of league, I’d say the above evaluation of “he’s looked alright” is about right.     Bit underwhelming so far, but to fair the Australia national team did him no favours calling him up for games against Bahrain and Indonesia.  

To me he looks like a more confident version of Lotari.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

How often did that happen in Australia?   Why would it happen here?  

From what I’ve seen, Nisbet isn’t going to be targeted for anything particularly.  Given the higher standard of league, I’d say the above evaluation of “he’s looked alright” is about right.     Bit underwhelming so far, but to fair the Australia national team did him no favours calling him up for games against Bahrain and Indonesia.  

To me he looks like a more confident version of Lotari.  

How's he been underwhelming?

Fotmob has rated him the best RC player for (I think) the last two matches. He's got at least two assists and set up a couple of chances that should have led to goals.

Sorry but your league is no higher than the A League. Celtic and probably the **** would beat most AL teams if an equal stadium could be found but besides that, the better AL teams would flog most SPL teams. I'm not kidding - most SPL is dire. If you doubt me, Celtic have lost twice in friendlies to AL teams in the bottom half of the comp. They may have been travelling out of season, but if the standard was as different as Celtic fans like to think, they couldn't have lost. EPL sides ALWAYS beat AL sides in friendlies.

Nizz has played for the best AL team for the last two years and has been (probably) the best player in the league. He will be targeted once opposition managers realise he's calling the shots. Australian players tend not to play the man rather than the ball and if I've suggested that could happen in Scotland... then maybe I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Fotmob has rated him the best RC player for (I think) the last two matches. He's got at least two assists and set up a couple of chances that should have led to goals.

Sorry but your league is no higher than the A League. Celtic and probably the **** would beat most AL teams if an equal stadium could be found but besides that, the better AL teams would flog most SPL teams. I'm not kidding - most SPL is dire. If you doubt me, Celtic have lost twice in friendlies to AL teams in the bottom half of the comp. They may have been travelling out of season, but if the standard was as different as Celtic fans like to think, they couldn't have lost. EPL sides ALWAYS beat AL sides in friendlies.

Nizz has played for the best AL team for the last two years and has been (probably) the best player in the league. He will be targeted once opposition managers realise he's calling the shots. Australian players tend not to play the man rather than the ball and if I've suggested that could happen in Scotland... then maybe I'm wrong.

You’ve see him more than I.  I just think he needs longer to acclimatise, and it’s way too early to judge.  I don’t know if he has been signed to be quite as attacking for u, but we’ll see.  

I think Nisbet has been very good. He was excellent against Dundee, and sharp for the first 45 mins on Saturday before slightly falling out the game second half. I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the best of him yet as he’s a very unorthodox type of player for this league, but after a few months of acclimatising I suspect he’ll be one of our top performers week in-week out. 

Edited by Weird Fishes

On 26/09/2024 at 04:01, Coastie said:

Surprised at the lack of commentary on Josh Nisbet on here given how highly his recent performances were rated on fotmob.

How's he doing?

On 26/09/2024 at 07:17, Coastie said:

I thought it might take him a couple of months to settle into Scotland - it is soooo different from playing in Oz. When he hits his straps you'll know you've landed an absolute beauty. I look forward to checking in occasionally.

Here's an article from Oz when his transfer was just being talked about... Scotland 'will eat Nisbet alive'? Sorry, I disagree - FTBL | The home of football in Australia

23 hours ago, Coastie said:

Doesn't look like him at all.

He's an inch shorter...

23 hours ago, Coastie said:

13 hours ago, Coastie said:

13 minutes ago, Coastie said:

4 minutes ago, Coastie said:

He's best as a #10 but that will be up to Cowie.

A warm welcome to Josh Nisbet’s agent.

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

A warm welcome to Josh Nisbet’s agent.

Yeah I know...

Just a fan interested to see how he goes. He had cult status at CCM and we get very protective of him.

You will too.

13 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Yeah I know...

Just a fan interested to see how he goes. He had cult status at CCM and we get very protective of him.

You will too.

We were protective of Yan Dhanda before he was ripped from our bosom to warm the bench at Tynecastle.  

On 27/09/2024 at 13:04, Coastie said:

Sorry but your league is no higher than the A League.

It really is. 

As a whole, there's far more shit in Australia. Your best teams would struggle to make the top 4 regularly here while the rest would be in the Championship. 

The tempo/aggression is just miles apart and a lot of players in Australia just can't cope with that every week. 

Nisbet will likely cope because he's good enough, much like Cammy Devlin at Hearts, but the majority wouldn't. 

Edited by RandomGuy.