The General Ross County Chat Thread

18 hours ago, central staggie said:

It wouldn't bother me if Caley ceased to exist, and I doubt it would have any impact whatsoever on County. They're a non entity as far as I'm concerned, and we've got bigger beef with other 'non traditional' rivals.

Caley do cease to exist. 

On 23/10/2024 at 08:29, Forfinn said:

A question:

Are Ross County better off with a strong ICT and regular Highland Derbies, or a weak or even defunct ICT?

The received wisdom is that we have a symbiotic relationship.

But I wonder if, in the long run, we'd be better off without them? The evidence suggests the Highlands isn't big enough (in terms of population) to sustain two top level teams. If they fade in to obscurity or go under then that gives us the opportunity to hoover up all the support, player talent and business interest in the region.

That process is perhaps underway already, and I, for one, would be happy enough to see it continue. Thoughts?

I find this kind of reveling in another clubs potential demise a bit sickening, tbh. Particularly so when your own club is run unsustainably.

Beside Celtic and Rangers I can't think of any other club I'd be happy to see disappear.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Beside Celtic and Rangers I can't think of any other club I'd be happy to see disappear.

I find this kind of reveling in another clubs potential demise a bit sickening, tbh.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I find this kind of reveling in another clubs potential demise a bit sickening, tbh. Particularly so when your own club is run unsustainably.

Pie & Bovril's biggest bellend strikes again with more sanctimony.  You telling me you would give your right leg for a chairman like Roy Macgregor?  Run along you human paraquat. 

5 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Pie & Bovril's biggest bellend strikes again with more sanctimony.  You telling me you would give your right leg for a chairman like Roy Macgregor?  Run along you human paraquat. 

We had a better chairman than MacGregor for about 40 years.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

There is this fictional idea among County fans at the moment that we need IC&T to thrive. Forfinn was merely posing the question of whether or not this was true, and provided his reasoning as to why he doesn’t think it is.

However, a St Johnstone fan wouldn’t know for they have no concept of rivalry given nobody gives a f**k about them. 

1 minute ago, Weird Fishes said:

There is this fictional idea among County fans at the moment that we need IC&T to thrive. Forfinn was merely posing the question of whether or not this was true, and provided his reasoning as to why he doesn’t think it is.

However, a St Johnstone fan wouldn’t know for they have no concept of rivalry given nobody gives a f**k about them. 

It read like he was hoping for them to die so you could steal some fans/players tbh.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It read like he was hoping for them to die so you could steal some fans/players tbh.

I'm quite happy for them to fade in to obscurity rather than dying altogether. I'm not sure that's a particularly "sickening" or even controversial position for a Ross County fan to take.

Are you seeking to apply on behalf of St Johnstone for the position as our "local" rivals?

5 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Fixed that for you.

I've never told anyone how to feel, just that I find fans of small clubs gleefully picking over the bones of other small clubs nauseating.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never told anyone how to feel, just that I find fans of small clubs gleefully picking over the bones of other small clubs nauseating.

Even if that club had one of your strikers for a season long loan and never paid you? Pick away I say. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would I be jealous of Ross County?

Will Nightingale is very handsome.  

Edit: also, we binned our resident racist. 

Edited by Savage Henry

On 24/10/2024 at 14:38, RandomGuy. said:

100%

A northern Gretna. I wouldn't wish them any financial peril but I would like them to toddle off down a league or two and become a once a decade "good day out" cup draw.

Edited by Pizzo

23 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

A northern Gretna.

This is such a lazy comparison, you really ought to try harder. We've been in the top flight for 11 of the last 12 seasons - that's double the amount of time Brooks Mileson owned Gretna.

We all know MacGregor won't be around for ever, but he'll leave the club in a much better state than he found it.

But if we want to talk about Highland clubs with a reckless and unstructured approach to finance, we'd be better off looking across the bridge to Inverness again.

On 24/10/2024 at 14:38, RandomGuy. said:

Wrong. It's great to revel.