The General Ross County Chat Thread

575503_10150884790517441_1511916503_n.jpg

Look at the ball, now look at the top. Now look at the ball. Now look at the top. Why has our logo changed slightly? Weren't happy with the old positioning of "F" and "C"? Looks a bit odd.

Edited by Spain

A white and red stripe on a County top isn't a new thing, don't see what the fuss is about.

Agreed. While I think it would probably look better if they were a bit less dominating, I will probably still buy it anyway. Kinda have to when it's our first one in the SPL. plus hopefully we'll be repaying a "No" vote by doing so.

It has never been a predominant as the red stripe in the current strip. Red piping or red borders around a predominant white stripe have been seen recently. All the better tops from recent years have never had a lot of red on them. I think just a plain white stripe would have been fine.

The away kit is the worst away strip since our yellow one. It's honking. I would prefer us to go back to white away strips. Never a fan of the diagonal stripe.

The home one is smart, wish I could say the same about the away one that stripe down the middle is disgusting. The Ross County badge is too big on the shirts aswell

Just trying to figure out when we might actually wear the away top, and I suspect probably only against ICT, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone and potentially Dundee. So we probably won't see much of it anyway.

ETA: I haven't seen the ICT strip yet, but I suppose it depends on how much red they have in their strip whether we might actually wear the home top and them their away top even at the Dump.

Edited by Spain

Just trying to figure out when we might actually wear the away top, and I suspect probably only against ICT, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone and potentially Dundee. So we probably won't see much of it anyway.

Presumably we won't actually be able to wear the away top against ICT either? If our blue clashes with their blue, surely our red will clash with their red?! :blink:

ETA: I haven't seen the ICT strip yet, but I suppose it depends on how much red they have in their strip whether we might actually wear the home top and them their away top even at the Dump.

How many more times today am I going to address points in your posts that you've subsequently edited to cover?! :P

How many more times today am I going to address points in your posts that you've subsequently edited to cover?! :P

:lol: I was going to point that out aswell, but you beat me to it this time ;)

^^^ blatant dive. Also, that was only a pre-season friendly.

The SPL probably wouldn't allow a kit clash like that.

Just noticed that is the Crest kit with the yellow piping that was only worn pre-season. I liked the design of the Crest kits, but the material was the shoddiest I've ever seen in a kit. Brooks Mileson had a lot to answer for.

The last time we wore red against ICT, their kits were mostly blue.

091004f.jpg

My mole close to the beating heart of the SFA tells me that as part of the upcoming sensational league re-organisation the stadium requirements for top flight football will be binned.

Alas, this will come slightly too late to save the Jailend and Uncle Roy's cash outlay.

On first viewing the home top is a Dundee effort - as others have said - and the away is horrible. Oddly, I think the sponsor is quite smart on the home hit; no daft background colour that clashes with the blue. Although I don't like the top now I'll forget about it quite quickly.

Spain, it does look like the Stag now has tusks as well as antlers. One scary beast.

Just to reiterate, the away top is horrible.

Spain, it does look like the Stag now has tusks as well as antlers. One scary beast.

Those are earrings.

I find a Poaching Pocket from upmarket kitchenware store Lakeland does a good job for my egg.

A spot of oil in the bottom.

Salt & Pepper on the top,

drop it in the boiling water.

Boab's yer brother-in-law.

beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, you've got to have some salt and pepper on it. And the wee plastic cups have to be greased with butter or oil.

Anyway, a day has passed, and the more I look at it, the more I like the home top. It's grown on me pretty quick. I suppose both tops are nice and distinctive so will be easily recognisable on a televisual set.