The General Ross County Chat Thread

Bump!

After a shakey start at Falkirk, former county star and Piqué double Jonny Flynn has settled in and is showing his class.

Quality player and starting to show it now.

Good hear that. Despite his constant whining on Twitter towards the end of his County stint, I always liked Flynn.

He was a decent player but unfortunate that last season Munro and Boyd strolled Div1 and he couldn't get in the team.His whining on twitter about having 'wasted a year' was quite pathetic.

I don't know about that. It's like anyone complaining about being under-appreciated at their work, I can't blame him. Glad to hear he's made a go of it at Falkirk.

I don't know about that. It's like anyone complaining about being under-appreciated at their work, I can't blame him. Glad to hear he's made a go of it at Falkirk.

Thought Lawson might have gone the same way, having been out in the cold for so long, all credit to him for being so professional, in what is a pretty shitty set of circumstances

You did, I think he's horrendous. Complete waste of a shirt.

Thank god.

We signed Higgins instead and he seems a decent player. Spent a bit of time out injured though, just as he was getting a bit of form.

I didn't like Fotheringhams attitude of taking the bigger money rather than a guaranteed start.

Pressley made a good impression on Mark and indeed Mark approached us saying 'you still interested' he then ran off to you.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW I think Fotheringham is better than Murdoch so he would have improved Falkirk. However, he wasn't a necessary signing at County.

I was expecting a more influential and creative force from the Fozzmeister. There seemed to be some initial promise but it doesn't appear to have come to much special so far. A longer run in the team might help him reach his potential but the competition for midfield has been tough.

Still willing to believe he may step up and regularly make a difference.

Oh - Hi Spain!

Edited by Les Westander of County

I was expecting a more influential and creative force from the Fozzmeister. There seemed to be some initial promise but it doesn't appear to have come to much special so far. A longer run in the team might help him reach his potential but the competition for midfield has been tough.

Still willing to believe he may step up and regularly make a difference.

Oh - Hi Spain!

Ola Les!

I'd agree, Fozzy-bear's not what I was expecting either, he seems to play very much as a holding midfielder/playmaker which he wasn't really described as, the problem is his playmaking abilities are far less effective than Lawson's. He takes a lot longer to pick out a decent ball, and by then the runners may have run out of space. He's not bad, but we've got better. Brittain, Quinn & Lawson are all far more capable in that role.

Ola Les!

I'd agree, Fozzy-bear's not what I was expecting either, he seems to play very much as a holding midfielder/playmaker which he wasn't really described as, the problem is his playmaking abilities are far less effective than Lawson's. He takes a lot longer to pick out a decent ball, and by then the runners may have run out of space. He's not bad, but we've got better. Brittain, Quinn & Lawson are all far more capable in that role.

Agreed...............nothing else to say!

New squad numbers:

Hainault - 13

Sproule - 16

Ikonomou - 18

(Taken from the pics from Marbella Training Camp)

Importantly, we've already got a song for Evangelos Ikonomou - "What's In Yer Bag Evangelos - Tell Us What's In yer Bag";

and the chorus to Crowded House's tune would do Andre:

"Hainault Hainault Don't Dream It's over"

Just a thought.

What to do with Prefab Sproule though? (To "Feels like Heaven") "Feels like Ivan"

ph34r.gif

Coat.

Importantly, we've already got a song for Evangelos Ikonomou - "What's In Yer Bag Evangelos - Tell Us What's In yer Bag";

and the chorus to Crowded House's tune would do Andre:

"Hainault Hainault Don't Dream It's over"

Just a thought.

What to do with Prefab Sproule though? (To "Feels like Heaven") "Feels like Ivan"

ph34r.gif

Coat.

Two 80's songs? Age most definitely showing Les. Although to be fair, I've always said 80's or early 90's songs are prime material for football songs. Hence one of my more recent contributions was the 2-4-6-8 Motorway rehash at Hearts.