The General Ross County Chat Thread

He's one of those players - a Gary Harkins if you like - who will do well in the Championship but just isn't quite good enough for the top flight.

He needs the game time, but he just isn't good enough to merit it in the Premiership. He might be able to make the step up again to a lower end team, but Livi should be a decent fit for him I think.

He needs the game time, but he just isn't good enough to merit it in the Premiership. He might be able to make the step up again to a lower end team, but Livi should be a decent fit for him I think.

I think so. I assume Livingston play with two forwards when I say that.

The 'Staggies Together' indyref vibe could be an interesting development though :1eye

They're right though, we are better off as one club.Could you imagine being two clubs? Or an amalgamation of two clubs? *shudder*

The Club’s brand new website will be launching at 4 o’clock this afternoon! #StaggiesTogether

Please let this be decent and not some 1 week cobbled together student project (no disrespect to students).

BTW I like the @RCFCStaggies name in a kind of Club+Fans way, but #StaggiesTogether gives me the boak.

They're right though, we are better off as one club.Could you imagine being two clubs? Or an amalgamation of two clubs? *shudder*

I know, pretty shocking to imagine.

But then there's no way our board would be awful enough to join with a larger southern club, for their own economic reasons, without consulting the fans. Especially if the southern club would then make all the decisions for us and regularly give us back less than we earned through transfer sales, match day revenue, etc.

If that did happen, hopefully after a while the supporters would demand (by a vote or something?) that the big southern club allow us to make some decisions for ourselves, devolving those decisions, if you will.

But with devolved decisions the big southern club would continue to make the major decisions for us, despite some of those being contradictory to what the majority of our supporter's groups regularly voted for. They would also likely continue to keep the majority of the income we earned, mislead the press about the value of our assets, and send their irrationally aggressive, and extremely highly paid "defender" to us as they wont keep him near their boardroom and supporters.

All the while the big southern club haemorrhages money and gets involved in messy fights with foreign clubs.

What a fucking nightmare. Surely nothing so horrible could ever happen?

If it ever did, I really hope we'd tell the big southern club to f**k off and let us run the club ourselves.

EDIT: For those who don't appreciate the cathartic rant :ph34r:

Deek the beak!:

10524607_10202239972175971_1663601940120

Edited by dingdong1929

You mean like you were in 1923.

No matter how many times you say it, and how many times you edit our wikipedia page, it doesn't make it true. Now calm down kiddo.

(I didn't expect to actually catch one)

The new page was up early. A quick scout of it reveals a few interesting things, namely no Graham Carey in the current squad.

Hmmm... well it definitely wasn't him in the pic then.

Gutted that's the highlight of the interesting things. Thought/hoped Friday eve on the twitter debut would be perfect to unveil a heap of new signings :(

I'm interested in our new development team manager - A Person. Intriguing signing. Hotly tipped down south, I believe.

Also, it's quite frightening to see that we currently have twice as many forwards as we do defenders!

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/squad-profile

Agentha Persson (Person), Swedish girl, played for the women's international team until injury cut her career short at 22. Highly regarded by those coaches who run the numerous seminars and courses she has attended. Both an interesting and promising appointment.

Just realised we currently have twice as many forwards as we do defenders in our senior squad and our development squad! Fucking hell, we can barely scrape a back 4 together from both squads combined :lol:

Maybe adds weight to the 2-3-5 formation, with all squads from the first team to the youths playing the same system.

And why do we have a video analyst that isn't Bunglebonce? Opportunity missed.

Edited by dingdong1929

Meeting regarding new supporters club:

I'm aware there has already been dialogue between the club and some fans on this. I'm not sure what the reasons are for what would appear to be taking control of buses away from the long-standing Black Isle Supporters Club (to be fair the club handled the bookings/payments side of it anyway).

"Ross County will be hosting an open meeting at the Global Energy Stadium on Wednesday the 23rd of July for fans interested in establishing a new Supporters Club.

With a number of interested parties already having set the ball rolling, Ross County are keen to do all they can to help and support links both between Staggies Supporters and also between the fans and the club. Therefore in addition to discussing Supporters Buses on the back of the hugely successful and enjoyable Dark Blue and Hawaiian days at the end of the 2013/14 season, there will also be a chance for the Club to discuss the measures they’re implementing to improve the Matchday experience and supporter and community engagement.

If you’re interested in playing a part in the Supporters Club, have feedback or ideas on buses or other activities or indeed are just interested to hear more about what the Club are doing then come to the Main Reception at the Stadium for a 19:00 start… "

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/open-meeting-for-ross-county-fans/

Edited by StuartTaylor