The General Ross County Chat Thread

So to summarise, were there meant to be six trialists?

Adams said there were trialists from Holland, Belgium, France, England and Italy.

• Ben Frempah, centre-back and Jimmy Fenlon, right-back, are considered to be the English trialists.
  • Jordi Balk, centre-back, will be the Dutch trialist.
  • There was a tall blonde left back who started against Wick. Someone thought he was Slovakian, maybe he could have been Dutch too?
  • The other left-back (with the funny hair) was training with squad number 22, who Stuart was impressed with in the second half of the Wick game. He will likely either be from France or Belgium.
  • The tanned skinhead is likely to be from Italy.

That's six and doesn't take into account:

post-22987-0-65930500-1405424843.jpg

The Mehdi Taouil lookalike and his pal; and

post-22987-0-12736100-1405424855_thumb.j

These chaps.

I thought 24 was too tall for Tony, but I guess that's two of them accounted for then.

It says a lot about Adams's control of information that we only know three of the supposed current trialists, and that's only by coincidence and the collective deduction on social media.

I'm satisfied (hoping, more than anything) that one of Frempah or Balk will make the grade to be a partner for Boyd in defence.

I'm wondering what the first choice team might be like, not that Adams will likely settle on that for a few weeks into the season.

Who is going to play on the right of midfield? Melvin de Leeuw is wasted out there. Traditionally that's Brittian's role (almost reluctantly), but if he's out there then Quinn is going to need a new partner in the centre of midfield with a bit of quality, because he's prone to squandering possession. It seems that there are currently no trialists for that role. Klok is probably still too green for that position, even in a central three. Taouil would be an excellent signing in that regard.

Plus, if Brittain plays on the right, there's not going to be much pace to stretch the opposition, particularly if Saunders is behind him. Maybe Fenlon is a right-back who is keen to get forward. There's a goal on Youtube of him scoring from the edge of the box for AFC Wimbledon.

If Brittain plays infield, then it's really left to Maatsen, de Leeuw or Arquin for the wing as things stand. Maatsen is probably still too green and is wildly inconsistent, but, personally, I'd always find a place on the bench for him at least. De Leeuw is much more effective playing as a #10 off a striker, and Arquin played on the flanks a lot at Notts County, which is where the huffy reputation probably comes from (and he probably needs to lose a stone to be mobile enough to play it anyway).

ETA: The focus is on recruiting defenders, but I don't think the balance is there further forward. There are just too many centre forwards and not enough cover elsewhere. The centre of midfield isn't strong enough to go all-guns-blazing with four attackers, like what some other Premiership teams often do.

Edited by bunglebonce

Cardle is a right-footed left-winger who likes to come inside. Supposing the squad number 22 is a good player getting forward, that will work well, because Cardle thrives on someone overlapping him to distract his marker.

StuartTaylor said that Cardle and de Leeuw played on the flanks against Wick and alternated every 20 minutes or so. I don't think that can be the long term solution to filling the right-hand side.

Edited by bunglebonce

Sakes Erik, you could have been playing in Rothes tonight..

Ex Ross County player Erik Cikos expected to be in Champion's League qualifer action tonight for Slovan Bratislava

That game is live on the Welsh channel S4C (Sky 134) at 5.45pm tonight if anyone is interested enough to watch him play.

That game is live on the Welsh channel S4C (Sky 134) at 5.45pm tonight if anyone is interested enough to watch him play.

Thanks for that. I was going to look for a live stream online. Never knew such a channel existed!

Cardle is a right-footed left-winger who likes to come inside. Supposing the squad number 22 is a good player getting forward, that will work well, because Cardle thrives on someone overlapping him to distract his marker.

StuartTaylor said that Cardle and de Leeuw played on the flanks against Wick and alternated every 20 minutes or so. I don't think that can be the long term solution to filling the right-hand side.

Of course instead of Brittain out right, we could play the other CM/RM in our squad out there. But Adams seems determined to use Ross as a Striker.

What about Jervis?

Going back to your longer post the CB, No 6 tanned lad must be italian, He was wearing diadora boots so id suggest thats a hint he is italian.

he also has four girlfriends and was eating pistachio ice-cream whilst defending a corner.

he also has four girlfriends and was eating pistachio ice-cream whilst defending a corner.

He also changed sides halfway through.

Wait...

Edited by Spain

There's no way on earth that Ross is a central midfielder. I can see why he was a right winger before and I'm surprised that he hasn't been used there much.

Maybe I'm wrong about him being central, but certainly he and his family profess to him being a midfielder, not a striker.

So to summarise, were there meant to be six trialists?

Adams said there were trialists from Holland, Belgium, France, England and Italy.

• Ben Frempah, centre-back and Jimmy Fenlon, right-back, are considered to be the English trialists.
  • Jordi Balk, centre-back, will be the Dutch trialist.
  • There was a tall blonde left back who started against Wick. Someone thought he was Slovakian, maybe he could have been Dutch too?
  • The other left-back (with the funny hair) was training with squad number 22, who Stuart was impressed with in the second half of the Wick game. He will likely either be from France or Belgium.
  • The tanned skinhead is likely to be from Italy.
That's six and doesn't take into account:

attachicon.gifMehdi.jpg

The Mehdi Taouil lookalike and his pal; and

attachicon.gif24.jpg

These chaps.

That's young Tony Dingwall and his brother Russell.

Judging from StuartTaylor's tweets, the starting XI against Rothes is:

GK Brown

RB Saunders

CB Boyd

CB Frempah

LB The #22 with the big hair (who is being referred to as Rosario... I can't find anything on Google so far)

RW Maatsen

CM Balk (who played against Wick as a CB)

CM Jimmy Fenlon (who played against Wick as a RB)

CM Klok

LW Cardle

CF Ross

Edited by bunglebonce