The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hello.

You may know this already, but just in case, OTB has exceeded its resource limit or something.

Be a dear(deer?) and fix it would you?

No, no I did not.

This problems outwith my control... that means it's cheeky text to Adrian time.

No, no I did not.

This problems outwith my control... that means it's cheeky text to Adrian time.

No worries. Isnt as bad as earlier, when it just wouldn't load at all, but still not 100%.

I imagine its loads of folk like myself frantically refreshing looking for transfer news!

While also procrastinating on their first day back at work...

Must be all the Caley trolls overloading the internets in Ross-Shire.

See you jest, but it's quite sad how many Caley trolls I've had to ban. I just don't understand how someone can be that sad. I sure as hell hope there's not the same swathes of County fans who's lives are so empty and disappointing that they feel they need to troll the Caley forums.

An admission of guilt?

Perhaps confusion rather than a Calvinistic guilt?

Its easy to be confused and even befuddled.

Well I never, it comes to me that one supporter even managed to confuse Telford St with Victoria Park.

I wonder who that could have been?

See you jest, but it's quite sad how many Caley trolls I've had to ban. I just don't understand how someone can be that sad. I sure as hell hope there's not the same swathes of County fans who's lives are so empty and disappointing that they feel they need to troll the Caley forums.

I don't moderate CTO so I've no idea. There are a couple of wums who certainly have County sympathies but other than that as far as I'm aware there's none unless they get cut off pretty quick.

An admission of guilt?

I've never had an OTB account but if I did I'd be upfront about being an ICT supporter. I find Twitter more enjoyable for bantz with some County fans, though I barely see many on these days, Gordy Jack and the Jailender seem awfully quiet as late.

I don't moderate CTO so I've no idea. There are a couple of wums who certainly have County sympathies but other than that as far as I'm aware there's none unless they get cut off pretty quick.

I've never had an OTB account but if I did I'd be upfront about being an ICT supporter. I find Twitter more enjoyable for bantz with some County fans, though I barely see many on these days, Gordy Jack and the Jailender seem awfully quiet as late.

Ach, was a lazy joke, no accusation intended :)

Not on Twitter myself, but I do go on there to see the craic from players or usual suspects like TJE etc. Bit stalker-like, but I cant be arsed gettin an account. I think our form this season and the turbulence with the Adams has maybe seen the spark lost from the banter, but that's total speculation on my part.

ETA: There are one or two ICT fans that post openly on OTB that are pretty decent, welcome enough on there I'm sure.

Edited by dingdong1929

Perhaps confusion rather than a Calvinistic guilt?

Its easy to be confused and even befuddled.

Well I never, it comes to me that one supporter even managed to confuse Telford St with Victoria Park.

I wonder who that could have been?

Was just a flippant lazy joke, not very funny to begin with, but you've sucked the life out of whatever humour was in there.

Are you implying that Dingwall is notably Calvinist, more than Inverness? Or is this some tenuous 'Uncle Roy' thing, hilariously bringing our chairman's religion into the topic?

If you're also implying I was the one that confused the stadium's, it wasn't me. I was one of the poster's who called him out on it, but I did try to help him out by mitigating how he may have made that mistake. So you must be confused, or befuddled, or whatever synonym you can drag out from your sack of 'shit Victorian chat Russel Brand doesn't want any more'.

Edited by dingdong1929

My dear DD, it is with a degree of regret that I find myself in a position of vulnerability.

Of course it wasn't your good self that confused the former home of our city team with an under developed Dingwall venue.

(coughs)

Who was it then?

My dear DD, it is with a degree of regret that I find myself in a position of vulnerability.

Of course it wasn't your good self that confused the former home of our city team with an under developed Dingwall venue.

(coughs)

Who was it then?

My dear Sophia, condescension is an art form, be sure to keep up the lessons, you are coming along, slowly.

BBC "gossip column" is linking County with a loan move for Marcus Fraser* from Celtic. He's spent the first half of the season playing for Cowdenbeath. I can't help but think that this January transfer window is going to have less excitement than the previous two.

*Yeah, me too. He's a centre-back apparently.

I saw Marcus Fraser play when I watched Hearts beat Cowdenbeath 5-1 earlier in the season. I think he looked the best of the three Cowden centre-backs that day, but it doesn't say much. He struck me as being taller than just under 6' as Wiki describes him, maybe it's the big shoulders.

I can't say he looked like an obvious improvement on what County already have. Plus, Celtic would probably have to release him rather than loan him because there's a SPFL rule forbidding a club to take more than one player on loan from another SPFL club.

On a separate note, I saw Sean Higgins play one of my favourite ever passes that day.

Only made 9 appearances for Cowdenbeath but, from an internet trawl, Jimmy Nicholl and their fans saw him as a fixture in their defense and a big loss now he's gone (some fans have said he has been excellent, outstanding, and their best player this season). He was on an emergency loan there from Celtic, so they couldnt extend the loan, but I understand has now been released by Celtic and is available on a free. Also interest from English League One, not sure who though.

From what I've trawled, he is reminscent of a young John Kennedy (tho not as good), composed and good on the ball, likes to break forward and has good pace. Although could maybe do with bulking up a bit, has held his own in the Championship. I think he may have been coming back from a bad injury, but there hasn't been any sign of that during his time at Cowdenbeath? In the Scotland u-21 squad too.

Could be promising? Sounds like a younger, rawer, more affordable Songo'o in a way. (In a desperate 'God I want Songo'o back!' kind of way).

Would be interested to hear from any Cowden fans on if they think he could step up?

Or any Celtic fans who saw him in reserves etc?

BBC "gossip column" is linking County with a loan move for Marcus Fraser* from Celtic. He's spent the first half of the season playing for Cowdenbeath. I can't help but think that this January transfer window is going to have less excitement than the previous two.

*Yeah, me too. He's a centre-back apparently.

I may well be wrong, but with Irvine on loan from Celtic already, does that not exclude County from loaning any more of their players. Or is Irvine offski?