The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hello there, I have been spamming the Premiership threads with my blog as I have been writing some report cards for each team. I have posted the County one today (here) so would appreciate it if people gave it a wee read. Also if you have any comments or criticisms please do just make them! Apologies in advance for the predicted league position, I take no pleasure in it! My Dad grew up in Dingwall as a County fan and my Grandad was involved in the County board way, way back in the day.

Edited by stumigoo

Hello there, I have been spamming the Premiership threads with my blog as I have been writing some report cards for each team. I have posted the County one today (here) so would appreciate it if people gave it a wee read. Also if you have any comments or criticisms please do just make them! Apologies in advance for the predicted league position, I take no pleasure in it! My Dad grew up in Dingwall as a County fan and my Grandad was involved in the County board way, way back in the day.

I understand your prediction and why it is what it is. My only comment is that it's a bit early yet to make it for two reasons, both to do with January. A crowded month with four home games, two away with Caley home and away, we're starting to gel and a good run would see us set up for a run in like last year. Obviously a poor run is likely to scupper us. This brings me on to the second reason, the transfer window. It has turned our season around for the last two years. Will it do the same this year? No idea, but again January will give us the answer. I wait for February with a mixture of hope and trepidation.

I would say 8 times out of 10 we will finish 11th or 12th. The bookies have St Mirren as slight favourites for bottom.

Like said before we have a massive month coming up. Both in terms of games and who we can get in.

Our horror start is very hard to come back from. Between now and the end of the season I would expect us to have around the 8th best haul of points, but that may not be enough to escape the bottom 2.

The transfer window opens tomorrow! It's like Christmas Eve all over again.

Just to recap, what is the shape of the squad currently like?

Due to the Adams regime latterly not giving away any information, I make the assumption that all of the squad are out of contract/have loans expiring in May 2015, except for:-

• Lewis Toshney - signed until sometime January 2015
  • Michael Gardyne - loan expires 19 January 2015
  • Paul Quinn - signed until 24 January 2015 - on course for a new deal
  • Martin Woods - signed until sometimes January 2015 - on course for a new deal

Plus Jamie Reckord, who according to some sources has signed for an initial 6 months with 12 month extension, or an 18 month contract. It's got to be the former, presumably with the extension coming in if County stay up.

And Tony Dingwall, signed until May 2017 (woohoo!).

Jimbo has hinted at transfers happening in January, but County already have a really big first team squad - 24 including Dingwall and Ross. I think everyone is expecting Gardyne's loan to be extended or for him to sign permanently, so the only obvious room for manoeuvre is if Toshney doesn't stay.

To be honest, I look at the squad and don't see the obvious choice on who is going to be released. Maybe some of the forwards?

Edited by bunglebonce

Anyone know if there is any truth in Ched Evans training with us or is it complete and utter garbage?

Probably about as much truth in that as there was about the Ghanaian goalkeeper we were supposedly looking at in the summer.