The General Ross County Chat Thread

Really don't understand the mentality of some. If RF reads half the stuff that's been written already his head will be down before he's kicked a ball. Welcome the guy to the club and judge him after a few games ffs. New start, new manager for him, but several seem to have him doomed to failure already. Still reckon he'll be a decent acquisition (if he comes).

Foster isn't particularly good but he's not Jonathan Bateson so he'll do for back-up to Fraser. Hopefully the mystery fifth signing is Yann Songo'o. I thnik I'll start a rumour that it is him.

An unnamed source exclusively revealed to me that Yann Songo'o will be signing this week.

Ive genuinely heard Songo'o is signing for you lot, we had faint interest for a while so im still subscribed to tweets with his name in them on twitter.

None of the above is true.

It pains me to say but RF may not be the worst signing... not the best either by a country mile, however as mentioned above, plenty of experience which can't be a bad thing. JM has worked with him before so that may be a factor in it? He was decent at Aberdeen, decent at Rangers (1st time around) & He's from up this way.... (Elgin). Marcus Fraser will be #1 RB so would be good cover....

Really don't understand the mentality of some. If RF reads half the stuff that's been written already his head will be down before he's kicked a ball. Welcome the guy to the club and judge him after a few games ffs. New start, new manager for him, but several seem to have him doomed to failure already. Still reckon he'll be a decent acquisition (if he comes).

Posts like this always make me chuckle. If a professional footballer has his performances and/or confidence adversely affected by stuff written on an anonymous forum then it's time for a new career.

Will Foster really be backup to Fraser? I wouldn't be surprised if he came in as captain and first choice right back. Fraser could move in to the middle, or even be Foster's understudy.

I know Foster was rubbish last season, but everyone at Rangers was rubbish last season. That might have been more to do with the coaching than the players themselves.

I'm not saying I think Foster SHOULD supplant Fraser, just that it's not outwith the realms of possibility.

Will Foster really be backup to Fraser? I wouldn't be surprised if he came in as captain and first choice right back. Fraser could move in to the middle, or even be Foster's understudy.

I know Foster was rubbish last season, but everyone at Rangers was rubbish last season. That might have been more to do with the coaching than the players themselves.

I'm not saying I think Foster SHOULD supplant Fraser, just that it's not outwith the realms of possibility.

Agree 100%, apart from the possibility of Fraser being understudy to Foster. After last season Fraser has to be one of the first names on the sheet. Likewise I can't see Foster signing to be back up.

Agree 100%, apart from the possibility of Fraser being understudy to Foster. After last season Fraser has to be one of the first names on the sheet. Likewise I can't see Foster signing to be back up.

So you agree about 75%? ;)

Kenny Macintyre ‏@bbckennymac 5m5 minutes ago
.@RCFCStaggies have signed the former Rangers and Aberdeen defender Richard Foster on a two-year deal. #BBCSportsound

Confirmed then.