The General Ross County Chat Thread

Our ITK guy on TDBF, who for once is actually usually spot on, has suggested we've came to an agreement with you over Murray and it's now down to the player and if we can agree terms. Still not 100% as he's apparently on a decent wedge with you lot but does want to be nearer home.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our ITK guy on TDBF, who for once is actually usually spot on, has suggested we've came to an agreement with you over Murray and it's now down to the player and if we can agree terms. Still not 100% as he's apparently on a decent wedge with you lot but does want to be nearer home.

Ach that's pissed in my cornflakes this morning...

5 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Ach that's pissed in my cornflakes this morning...

It was inevitable for fairly public reasons.  Not much we can do but we certainly got our money’s worth from him.  

Edited by Savage Henry

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Inevitable or not this is a right scunner. Because without Murray's goals next season will be as hard going as this was, because you're either hoping to find a diamond in the rough or else for Brophy to stay healthy, and I'm not sure what's most likely.

Just now, forkboy said:

Inevitable or not this is a right scunner. Because without Murray's goals next season will be as hard going as this was, because you're either hoping to find a diamond in the rough or else for Brophy to stay healthy, and I'm not sure what's most likely.

IMG_0115.jpeg

On 07/06/2024 at 20:45, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Are there any other P&B County fans following Scotland & heading out to Germany?

Two of us are heading to Munich next week.

Yes. I know of at least 4 who post on here semi regularly. I'll let them out themselves but I'm certainly going. 

1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

New home kit looks classy I reckon:

Aye I’m a fan of that, a bit more minimalist to what we usually get. Wasn’t really keen on Joma’s kits, they were a bit cheap looking.

Edited by Staggie_93

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Dundee's Sofien Moussa will serve one-match ban after winter break

35 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Call me old fashioned but I like a collar with my shirt.  Quite smart though.  I wonder if a claret and white 3rd shirt will be issued again?

From what I understand, claret/maroon will not be happening any time soon after the Joma fiasco.   

Just now, Pizzo said:

Is the stag on the rear of county shirts popular with their fans?

That's a nice shirt but I feel the stag cheapens it a bit.

Would rather that than another sponsor’s logo.  

2 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Fair point. Wasn't sure if it actually was a logo of sorts tbh.

It's a nod to the badge and the Seaforth Highlanders.

I personally love it, the stags head is iconic.

Just to wade into the Murray chat, the club have never been in favour of standing in anyone's way, but will also back them to the hilt of the do want to stay.

It's pretty quiet on the Murray front, but I was told his kids are attending school in the area. So if he's being treated well and his kids are settled it may take a right good offer to shift him. 

He's not on mega bucks at County (not what other fans would lead you to believe) 

1 hour ago, Pizzo said:

Is the stag on the rear of county shirts popular with their fans?

That's a nice shirt but I feel the stag cheapens it a bit.

The stag on the back has always made me think of these wise words from Dr Ian Malcolm.

jurassic park film GIF

Lovely kit , will be buying that!

as for potentially losing Murray and Dhanda in the same window that would be pretty harsh on Cowie to have try and replace both in his first window.

on the flip side a fee for an older player is fairly uncommon and would maybe help boost cowies budget

10 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s a stag nae a dinosaur 

[Something about that being more suitable for ICT because they'll soon be extinct too.]