Leak

Brown
Harmon

Randall
Loturi
Allardice

Brophy
Hale

Is that the best of what we're left with or am I missing someone?

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Laidlaw

Wright
Nightingale
Leak

Brown
Harmon

Randall
Loturi
Allardice

Brophy
Hale

Given Brophy’s and Nightingale’s history with injuries, I wouldn’t put money on it.

8 minutes ago, Riz said:

Sims had all the ability but I always got the feeling he "couldn't be arsed" 

Spoke to him in the past, and he made his money in his Southampton days. Only plays now for himself. Tody player but he's never going to break his neck to do anything for us. 

Murray was never going to Hibs, his choice has always been Dundee. He's a Dundee fan and I expect he'll wind up working for the club once he stops playing. The 3 year deal realistically ties him down for the rest of his playing career. 

That’s about as far removed from Josh Sims as it’s possible to get.  

34 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Laidlaw

Wright
Nightingale
Leak

Brown
Harmon

Randall
Loturi
Allardice

Brophy
Hale

Against Highland League opposition but the boy Andrew Macleod looked very good last night. Coming off the back of a good season at Nairn. Hope he at least gets a shot off the bench before being sent back out. 

3 hours ago, ImissOverTheBridge said:

Against Highland League opposition but the boy Andrew Macleod looked very good last night. Coming off the back of a good season at Nairn. Hope he at least gets a shot off the bench before being sent back out. 

I'd really like to have it confirmed that MacLeod, Smith, Ewan & Williamson will all play active parts in the 1st team squad.

We're in an era where we can name 9 substitutes & field 5 of them every match.

I'd like to see/ensure that they're all signed up for the next 3 or 4 years too.

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I'd really like to have it confirmed that MacLeod, Smith, Ewan & Williamson will all play active parts in the 1st team squad.

We're in an era where we can name 9 substitutes & field 5 of them every match.

I'd like to see/ensure that they're all signed up for the next 3 or 4 years too.

You’d like to think so.  History tells us otherwise.  

In other news, looking at the Clach action shots, Brophy looks in significantly better shape than last season.  I’d like to think he’d be motivated this year - if for no other reason than to get himself a move.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

In other news, looking at the Clach action shots, Brophy looks in significantly better shape than last season.  I’d like to think he’d be motivated this year - if for no other reason than to get himself a move.  

Hoping between Brophy/Hale at least one will come good this season meaning we won’t miss Murray too much, Brophy was certainly a very good player in his day proven by his Scotland call up, he’s struggled with injuries let’s hope he can catch a break. Happy to have Samuel in and amongst the squad and off the bench but he’s never going to score enough at this level

11 hours ago, Riz said:

Sims had all the ability but I always got the feeling he "couldn't be arsed" 

Spoke to him in the past, and he made his money in his Southampton days. Only plays now for himself. Tody player but he's never going to break his neck to do anything for us. 

Murray was never going to Hibs, his choice has always been Dundee. He's a Dundee fan and I expect he'll wind up working for the club once he stops playing. The 3 year deal realistically ties him down for the rest of his playing career. 

To be fair Dundee is a much better city, friendly folk there too I find. The fact he supports Dundee and would likely get a coaching role when he retires makes it a no brainer.

Good luck to him, he will be a County legend in my eyes forever!

17 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Given Brophy’s and Nightingale’s history with injuries, I wouldn’t put money on it.

Nightingale is injured already and will be out for a few weeks (RSJ).

Not feeling good this transfer window, its been brutal.  I think we need further strengthening if we are to be anywhere near the top six this year.  Need someone creative/attacking threat in midfield and another defender at least.

18 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Or Allardice. We did quite well from him but he seems to have gone back to being made of glass since he went OTB.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Or Allardice. We did quite well from him but he seems to have gone back to being made of glass since he went OTB.

He was wiped out in a match at celtic park last season, was out for a while & never quite got over it. As per usual, we didn't even get a free kick for the challenge 😕 

2 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

Nightingale is injured already and will be out for a few weeks (RSJ).

My great nephew is a big Wimbledon fan, when Nightingale came up he said, great player, but you’ll struggle to get half a season out of him. The only reason they let him out on loan last year was to see how the injuries would stand up to playing. They obviously didn’t.

20 hours ago, Riz said:

Hopefully we'll not need his plumbing skills for our flooding issue! 

15 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You’d like to think so.  History tells us otherwise.  

Brophys injury problems with us seemed to worsen when he bulked up in the gym over a summer.

Am feeling the fear a bit with the summer window so far. Desperately need more proven quality in midfield at the minimum, ideally defence too. Can see the season being a struggle for survival again otherwise. 

EDIT - bugger it, a forward too! Hale looks promising but a bit of an unknown quantity at this level. May well be a fitness / learning curve in his first season.  

Edited by Lanky Highlander

I wonder if County will go back in for Khela on loan again? I did feel his game time was limited because of Dhanda and he may flourish with more regular appearances

34 minutes ago, Albf said:

I wonder if County will go back in for Khela on loan again? I did feel his game time was limited because of Dhanda and he may flourish with more regular appearances

could definitely get onboard with that one he looked a tidy player , he/Birmingham might not be keen due to how little game time he got last season though

2 hours ago, Albf said:

King would be the better option of the two to bring back, if possible.