The General Ross County Chat Thread

40 minutes ago, ImissOverTheBridge said:

IMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.d3e811047f479164f09685c7c345ece1.jpegRandall 8 looks very tidy. Expect he’ll get the armband to go with that.

Loturi with 7 also a highlight! Hope he pushes on this season as there’s a serious player in there!

I know numbers mean nothing, however no number 10/11 would suggest a couple of attacking players to come in....?

ETA - on the note of 'player appointments', surely Randall is the only contender for Captain?

Edited by StoneThrowAway

26 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

ETA - on the note of 'player appointments', surely Randall is the only contender for Captain?

Randall is the new Richard Brittain.....soon he'll be lining up to take the free kicks and curling a few into the top corner.

32 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

I know numbers mean nothing, however no number 10/11 would suggest a couple of attacking players to come in....?

I’m reminded that they played all of last season with no number 9 in the squad, and 10 could easily be Jordan White.  But there is really no alternative number 11 - or 14 even.  

I’m inclined to read a lot into numbers.  I’m surprised Telfer is 21… perhaps a suggestion that he’s not going to be a regular? 

edit: being captain is really an off the pitch thing, but it does have to be someone who will play most games.  Laidlaw or Leak would both be ahead of Randall for me.  

Also Loturi being 7 is interesting.  I’d imagine he’ll be looking to move onwards and upwards in a year’s time - it’d be good to see the club trying to promote him as a “face of the franchise” a bit more.  

Edited by Savage Henry

6 hours ago, Albf said:

I wonder if County will go back in for Khela on loan again? I did feel his game time was limited because of Dhanda and he may flourish with more regular appearances

Khela will become a very good player, can't see Birmingham letting him come back but would happily take him.

Murray injured already?

Saw some Dee fans say he pulled up in the warm up last night clutching his hamstring. That'd be a worry at his age. 

10 hours ago, central staggie said:

I see Jamie Lindsay is signing for Bristol Rovers on a free.

Some dreams just aren't meant to come true.

That’s a bit gutting as they aren’t in my opinion a step up from us, on a free transfer aswell, hope we’ve at least asked the question

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m reminded that they played all of last season with no number 9 in the squad, and 10 could easily be Jordan White.  But there is really no alternative number 11 - or 14 even.  

I’m inclined to read a lot into numbers.  I’m surprised Telfer is 21… perhaps a suggestion that he’s not going to be a regular? 

edit: being captain is really an off the pitch thing, but it does have to be someone who will play most games.  Laidlaw or Leak would both be ahead of Randall for me.  

Also Loturi being 7 is interesting.  I’d imagine he’ll be looking to move onwards and upwards in a year’s time - it’d be good to see the club trying to promote him as a “face of the franchise” a bit more.  

I’m pretty sure Telfer wore 21 for both Falkirk and Airdrie so maybe just a preferred number of his. 

28 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

That’s a bit gutting as they aren’t in my opinion a step up from us, on a free transfer aswell, hope we’ve at least asked the question

Derek Adams says they're 500 times better than you.

30 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Interesting to see that Adams has learnt from his spell at County. Instead of signing half the globe on loan, he’s decided not to sign any c**t for Morecambe.

I don’t think they can afford to, can they?   They might even be under some kind of embargo. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t think they can afford to, can they?   They might even be under some kind of embargo. 

It was lifted yesterday, I believe?