The General Ross County Chat Thread

Quite handy to be playing Raith again so soon after the play-off, gives a clear idea of where we are now with the squad compared to last season.

Surely if we struggle on Saturday then Don will definitely be on the hunt for those creative midfielders if he isn't already.

Don't know about anyone else but It would be nice if they told us either squad complete or that they are trying to bring in a few more....I'm becoming obsessed with googling for scraps of any info....it's not healthy 😂

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Did.......did you just post a wall of white text on a white background?  

I don’t have my glasses on and just thought it was 3 laughing emojis and then just a mashing of the space bar. 

1 hour ago, BuieCounty said:

Quite handy to be playing Raith again so soon after the play-off, gives a clear idea of where we are now with the squad compared to last season.

Surely if we struggle on Saturday then Don will definitely be on the hunt for those creative midfielders if he isn't already.

Don't know about anyone else but It would be nice if they told us either squad complete or that they are trying to bring in a few more....I'm becoming obsessed with googling for scraps of any info....it's not healthy 😂

Disagree, Saturday's match has nothing to do with our play off matches from last season. 

Different competition, different set of pressures, different rewards for success. 

To win 4-0 at home again to Raith would be great but to win but not win by that margin would be just fine too.

Edit to add, we will undoubtedly be in the market for other "good" players but as with every preseason so much will depend on the English market, who are always a couple of weeks behind us in their preparations. 

I believe we've shown ourselves to be a good place to send young developing players but the competition will be steep again for the really good ones, there's a LONG way to go in this transfer market so probably best to be patient.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

2 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

The lack of a 10 or 11 in the squad numbers tells me the attacking side isn’t finished.   

4 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

Pretty sure there was something on the BBC Sport website after the Stranraer game, possibly in the P&J as well saying that Don felt the squad was thin on the ground. Hopefully see some movement over the next week or so.

14 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Disagree, Saturday's match has nothing to do with our play off matches from last season. 

Different competition, different set of pressures, different rewards for success. 

To win 4-0 at home again to Raith would be great but to win but not win by that margin would be just fine too.

Edit to add, we will undoubtedly be in the market for other "good" players but as with every preseason so much will depend on the English market, who are always a couple of weeks behind us in their preparations. 

I believe we've shown ourselves to be a good place to send young developing players but the competition will be steep again for the really good ones, there's a LONG way to go in this transfer market so probably best to be patient.

Spot on with all of this. Whoever named you Sensible clearly knew their stuff.

Other thing to mention about the Raith fixture(s) - you also have to factor in 'where Raith are now at with their squad'. And anyway, even with no changes, you can play the same team twice in a week and come out with two completely different results. I'm sure there's plenty of examples of this over the years from all over world football.

I would imagine there will be some coming in on loan but often you have to wait until clubs have squads more or less in place before they decide if players can go out on loan

On 18/07/2024 at 06:57, Rcfc fan said:

I get where you’re coming from regarding Dhanda, his delivery and technical ability was top notch, but he could fade in and out of games and wouldn’t exactly get physical with opponents, if we can replace him with someone who has more of a presence in there that would be great think callachan but with more quality 

I'm sorry, but this is a double nonsense.

1. Dhanda's role wasn't to get physical it, was to create goal scoring opportunities 

2. Despite this, and despite his fairly light build, he actually tracked back and did far more than you'd expect in terms of tackling. 

I agree that he wasn't the be all and end all, but I totally disagree that he was in any way not.pulling his weight physically.

On 19/07/2024 at 06:04, The Great Stagsby said:

Spot on with all of this. Whoever named you Sensible clearly knew their stuff.

Other thing to mention about the Raith fixture(s) - you also have to factor in 'where Raith are now at with their squad'. And anyway, even with no changes, you can play the same team twice in a week and come out with two completely different results. I'm sure there's plenty of examples of this over the years from all over world football.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

7 hours ago, Rosscubed said:

I'm sorry, but this is a double nonsense.

1. Dhanda's role wasn't to get physical it, was to create goal scoring opportunities 

2. Despite this, and despite his fairly light build, he actually tracked back and did far more than you'd expect in terms of tackling. 

I agree that he wasn't the be all and end all, but I totally disagree that he was in any way not.pulling his weight physically.

Suppose I mean we should replace him with someone with more of a physical profile, as well as technical ability 

On 18/07/2024 at 11:33, Lanky Highlander said:

Deluded, and yer patter’s shite. 

As opposed to your negative, pessimistic 'patter' before the season really kicks off.

Some of you actually seem to expect County to be fighting for the top 4! Deluded patter, perhaps a spell in New Craigs may be of help 😆 🤣 😂 

53 minutes ago, Sonam said:

As opposed to your negative, pessimistic 'patter' before the season really kicks off.

Some of you actually seem to expect County to be fighting for the top 4! Deluded patter, perhaps a spell in New Craigs may be of help 😆 🤣 😂 

Give it a rest. 

5 hours ago, Sonam said:

What an absolute chopper.

5 hours ago, Sonam said:

Mate, you are bringing 10 times more negativity to the thread than anyone who has an understandably ‘realist’ outlook on the teams chances, with the squad where it is currently.

8 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Where did you hear about this?

I’ve got a lot of sources some reliable and some hit or miss. 1 data analysis/recruitment agency. Another is a scout. One is an agent and one gets his info when he’s at hospitality for his team. The agent says players to gather interest in his. 

It can’t be Gomes sorry as he’s got a new team.It must be another Gomes and I’ll ask my friend when I see him to confirm who it was. I Googled Gomes Spanish 2nd division but it can’t be him.

The Watford Loan will definitely happen.