The General Ross County Chat Thread

Supposedly Henderson was supposed to go out to Caley on loan in January but Adams decided to kill that deal. 

The Spartans defeat is a miserable one. That's one of the worst results in the club's recent history. I'm slightly concerned about this season still: it's still mostly the same group of players that finished 11th twice but without the one creative talent.

Swithering about going down for the Rangers game but not sure if I can face the long there-and-back.

Is the game on TV anywhere or would I have to buy PPV from RangersTV from my, ahem, European base...?

* EDIT Bugger it, ticket bought, travel seat booked.

Edited by Lanky Highlander

On 18/08/2024 at 10:47, Sonam said:

Also a striker!

I know there is limitations about budget, I really hope that Cowie succeeds, however at the moment I'm not confident at all of the season ahead. Really hope to be proved wrong on this post.  

We've actually got players that can score, so I'm not seeing the same need for a striker as there is for strengthening in quite a few other areas. If we can get decent balls into the box, we can score goals with the options we have already.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Jack Burroughs joining us on loan. Any use?

No.  Hopeless.  Jack of all trades, master of none is overstating his abilities.  Think he played left back, right back, centre back, central midfield and left midfield for us.  None of them well.  Screams “Largs Mafia”.

8 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

I see the jobbers got beat by Brora tonight………. Out of 2 cups in 4 days…

Team full of first teamers.  This new Australian midget better be really good. 

Edited by Savage Henry

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

No.  Hopeless.  Jack of all trades, master of none is overstating his abilities.  Think he played left back, right back, centre back, central midfield and left midfield for us.  None of them well.  Screams “Largs Mafia”.

46 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

He was shite to be honest. Can’t recall a single redeeming feature.

Reassuring!

5 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/josh-nisbet-joins-the-staggies

Looks like Nisbet is in the building. Hopefully he's available to play soon, we sure as hell need all the help we can get just now.

Hah, someone always beats me to the breaking news. Anyway, good stuff that they finalised this. Much needed.

Aye, we are very short of any creativity in the middle. Not sure if I want all of it to fall on Nisbet, but that's better than nothing. 

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Aye, we are very short of any creativity in the middle. Not sure if I want all of it to fall on Nisbet, but that's better than nothing. 

Hopefully Chilvers will share that job when he's up to speed. You'd also like to think a formation that has 3 at the back and Randall as a holding midfielder would allow the wing backs to get forward a bit more too.