The General Ross County Chat Thread

Is this about my post regarding gardyne

Is it or not because if it is causing all this bloody hassle with swearing and ranting then I rehret posting it. Sorry for putting my opinion across

It's fine putting your opinion across, but in this case your opinion was just wrong. Last season Gardyne drifted in and out of games - looking like a good player or just looking like he didn't care about the game. Yes in some games he worked hard but Barrowman, overall, worked a lot harder than Gardyne (and arguably contributed more to the team).

I think to be fair its all very well working hard but at the end of the day if you're a striker you must put the ball in the back off the net which put quite simply Barrowman didnt do enough of last season. I have always been a Gardyne fan seems to be the only one in the team with the capability to unlock defenses and beat players he is a big favourite amongst most fans in the Jailend too. His workrate may at times come into question but i would have him in my team any day of the week ahead of Barrowman who seems to be only interested in himself.

Except all of that is kind of bollocks really as Barrowman was one of our few players who bothered to show up last season & Gardyne really wasn't. He's not the only one who didn't of course, but he's the one currently being linked with a move & so I'm saying why I can't bring myself to be too bothered.

It was all too obvious on how to stop Midge last season, stick a big man on him and as soon as he gets the ball get tight and don't let him turn and face the goal. You do that and you've stopped Midge. It would be a blow to loose him, but if he does go up to Caley then it might just be the making of him as a player, would work well in that team.

As for Barrowman, I felt he tried to do too much simply because the team where underachieving/performing, I also felt that he worked best with Craig (put on flame suit for all the Craig haters) and the fact that we never really had a settled front pairing did not help Andy. It's a blow to lose him (anyone saying otherwise needs to remember the likes of Dall and Stewart and realise the stupidity of what their saying) but he's not irreplaceable...tough to find someone I'll grant you, but not impossible.

BTW, anyone know if we've signed Duncan yet ;)

I think to be fair its all very well working hard but at the end of the day if you're a striker you must put the ball in the back off the net which put quite simply Barrowman didnt do enough of last season. I have always been a Gardyne fan seems to be the only one in the team with the capability to unlock defenses and beat players he is a big favourite amongst most fans in the Jailend too. His workrate may at times come into question but i would have him in my team any day of the week ahead of Barrowman who seems to be only interested in himself.

And that, to use the phrase of the day, is just as big a load of bollocks as anything RCFC95 has come up with.

We were first division relegation candidates all season. In case you didn't notice, nobody scored any goals.

Midge may have bit more technique than anyone else, but that doesn't make him any more popular. Look at this thread or the OTB thread. Most fans are suggesting Midge leaving wouldn't be a bad thing. Hardly the sign of a "big favourite".

And the idea that Barrowman is only interested in himself - he was our most selfless player. It's precisely that selflessness (and being injured half the season, and the team being shite and our flair players like Gardyne creating bugger all chances) that meant he didn't score many goals.

It was all too obvious on how to stop Midge last season, stick a big man on him and as soon as he gets the ball get tight and don't let him turn and face the goal. You do that and you've stopped Midge. It would be a blow to loose him, but if he does go up to Caley then it might just be the making of him as a player, would work well in that team.

As for Barrowman, I felt he tried to do too much simply because the team where underachieving/performing, I also felt that he worked best with Craig (put on flame suit for all the Craig haters) and the fact that we never really had a settled front pairing did not help Andy. It's a blow to lose him (anyone saying otherwise needs to remember the likes of Dall and Stewart and realise the stupidity of what their saying) but he's not irreplaceable...tough to find someone I'll grant you, but not impossible.

I agree with all of this, even the bit about Craig. Barrowman was trying too hard, because nobody else were bothering their arses to help him out. He'd end up going out wide just in order to win the ball, and then of course there would be nobody in the middle whatsoever. The Barrowman haters need a bit of a reality check. Also, with regards to Gardyne leaving (if it's even true), it wouldn't be the end of the world. We've already signed up McMenamin so it softens the blow of losing Barrowman, but now we need to sign up an appropriate striking partner for him. I think Barrowman and McMenamin would have worked well together, but you can't blame Andy for taking his chance.

And that, to use the phrase of the day, is just as big a load of bollocks as anything RCFC95 has come up with.

We were first division relegation candidates all season. In case you didn't notice, nobody scored any goals.

Midge may have bit more technique than anyone else, but that doesn't make him any more popular. Look at this thread or the OTB thread. Most fans are suggesting Midge leaving wouldn't be a bad thing. Hardly the sign of a "big favourite".

And the idea that Barrowman is only interested in himself - he was our most selfless player. It's precisely that selflessness (and being injured half the season, and the team being shite and our flair players like Gardyne creating bugger all chances) that meant he didn't score many goals.

Do me a favour Savage and explain how that is bollocks? A strikers job is to fucking put the ball in the net, Barrowman didnt do that enough last season for me. He is a complete arsehole with an ego the size of a zeplin, he couldnt give a monkeys shit about Ross County the minute a newly promoted SPL team comes calling he buggers off, how he thinks he can cut it in the SPL is beyond me look how shite he did at ICT, the only level he has excelled at has been the second division and that does not warrant a move to the SPL. All that rubbish about him being the only worker in the team is complete nonsense he runs about like a headless chicken upfront making out like he is actually doing something, misses sitters far too often aswell.

Well from where i stand in the Jailend all the fans ever say or moan is get Midge on he is a big fans favourite, fans love seeing a player taking on a man and beating him with skill and quality.

Scottish football has evolved to such an extent that every player in the side has to work hard first and foremost. Skill and technical ability gets overlooked for players that have stamina, fitness and work ethic. Even youth football bigger larger players get picked over skilful players as they can work harder and are perceived to be able to cut out high balls etc easier. As a result a striker's role is no longer to simply put the ball in the net. You have to chase balls, win knock ons, hold the ball up etc. Barrowman was perfectly adequate at all of that, and he will be a loss to County. However there is always another fish. He will be a loss, but he can be replaced. Good luck to him, he might be his last chance at a crack at the SPL.

Due to Gardyne's skill he will be harder to replace if he moves on. I agree with Bungle and think he would compliment the Caley forwards very well. He would be harder to replace. I would like him to stay but again there is always some one else to pick up.

As for McAllister, well if Peterhead can afford to pay that, they will be the next ones going into administration. It is very hard to pick up good part time players, due to their overall income being greater than a full time team can pay. I see no reason why County can not look to take players on a part time basis.

:lol: I should read over what I type before hitting post. Good old Loki. Should have left afford out. Tut tut. I will miss you correcting my mistakes when you get relegated :P

Dundee should still be favourites: they will have much the same squad that earned more points than Dunfermline by the end of the 2010/11 season.

Er no they didn't,learn to count lad.

Anyway,Andy Barrowman. What exactly have we signed here? I haven't seen much of County over the past couple of years and looking at his record,he's been dire in the Spl. So,are we a big joke for signing him,or has our boss signed up a gem who has been unlucky in front of goals.?

Also,good luck for next year. County are a team that I dont have anything against and yous get decent crowds up there. I predicted yous to be up challenging for the title last season :-) I wont predict the same this year in case I jinx you again.

Do me a favour Savage and explain how that is bollocks? A strikers job is to fucking put the ball in the net, Barrowman didnt do that enough last season for me. He is a complete arsehole with an ego the size of a zeplin, he couldnt give a monkeys shit about Ross County the minute a newly promoted SPL team comes calling he buggers off, how he thinks he can cut it in the SPL is beyond me look how shite he did at ICT, the only level he has excelled at has been the second division and that does not warrant a move to the SPL. All that rubbish about him being the only worker in the team is complete nonsense he runs about like a headless chicken upfront making out like he is actually doing something, misses sitters far too often aswell.

Well from where i stand in the Jailend all the fans ever say or moan is get Midge on he is a big fans favourite, fans love seeing a player taking on a man and beating him with skill and quality.

:1eye

I just explained to you why your post was cognitively deficient. I ought not to have to repeat it over again. But, for your educational benefit, nobody said he's the only worker in the team, he didn't really miss very many sitters because, if you notice WE WEREN'T VERY GOOD AND DIDN'T CREATE MANY CHANCES. Also, you've also patently never met the man, so don't go banging on about his ego and him being an arsehole.

Er no they didn't,learn to count lad.

Anyway,Andy Barrowman. What exactly have we signed here? I haven't seen much of County over the past couple of years and looking at his record,he's been dire in the Spl. So,are we a big joke for signing him,or has our boss signed up a gem who has been unlucky in front of goals.?

Also,good luck for next year. County are a team that I dont have anything against and yous get decent crowds up there. I predicted yous to be up challenging for the title last season :-) I wont predict the same this year in case I jinx you again.

The "FAO County fans" * thread was set up by a Dunfermline fan re-Barrowman and covers this pretty well. Directing you there rather than re-posting my answer here as my post on this was pretty epic!

Let me know if you cant find it and I'll chuck you a copy of my incredibly insightful assessment 8)

*Its on page 2 just now, and was set up by Craigster00.

Edited by dingdong1929

I could hardly believe it when my good friend Charlie Bannerman mentioned to me a bit earlier that none other than Charles Christie esq is been corralled into the Assistant Manager job.

Many claim that the heart went out of Dingwall when they moved the Mart, but this news would be quite a coup for the township

Charlie has had a long and illustrious career and I for one would wish him nothing but good luck in getting back into the first team level, albeit at a lower level.

I sincerly hope that even those with the longest memories will let bygones be bygones.