The General Ross County Chat Thread

There's some right pish being said on OTB atm. There basically saying that Gallacher is not good enough and that we should be giving McCarthy a chance is need be, and saying what's the point in having a youth academy if we don't use them. He then suggested we should sign the young Alloa keeper which contradicts his last point.

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, but we're at the stage where we could do the unthinkable and qualify for Europe, the last thing I think we should be doing is giving a 20 year old a shot in nets. Fraser is the obvious weak link, so I think bringing in Gallacher is a sensible move.

Edited by Staggie_93

I took the comments as a crazy Skye man on the Whiskey on a Friday night.

Thought about replying, then decided it would be better to speak to the wall.

I don't know if Gallager actually put pen to paper in time for today. I doubt it as it had to be registered at the SPl by 3pm yesterday.

There's some right pish being said on OTB atm. There basically saying that Gallacher is not good enough and that we should be giving McCarthy a chance is need be, and saying what's the point in having a youth academy if we don't use them. He then suggested we should sign the young Alloa keeper which contradicts his last point.

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, but we're at the stage where we could do the unthinkable and qualify for Europe, the last thing I think we should be doing is giving a 20 year old a shot in nets. Fraser is the obvious weak link, so I think bringing in Gallacher is a sensible move.

He - and I assume it's a troll - doesn't seem to understand the concept of transfer windows or fees either.

These are the results that need to happen for us to finish outwith the top six.

Monday

Dundee Utd beat St Johnstone

Wednesday

Killie beat St Mirren

Friday

St Johnstone beat ICT

Saturday

(12pm) Hearts beat or draw with County

Dundee Utd beat Aberdeen

Killie beat Dundee

Dundee Utd would need a 6 goal turnaround in their favour if County get a draw against Hearts.

Good luck to Paul Gallagher.

I think he's a great shot stopper, one of the best in Scotland and can save a few penalties also.

Only weakness is crosses and commanding his area at times.

Good luck to Paul Gallagher.

I think he's a great shot stopper, one of the best in Scotland and can save a few penalties also.

Only weakness is crosses and commanding his area at times.

Now I can see why we have signed him. I think that description would be fair of every County Keeper I can remember.

Now I can see why we have signed him. I think that description would be fair of every County Keeper I can remember.

Don't remember Bullock having any problem commanding his area. He did however expose his area, but that's a whole different story.

I think Dundee United need to win?

Close, that's exactly what we don't want to happen.

St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd. can all overtake us, which would drop us to seventh. But if United fail to win tonight, only St. Johnstone & Kilmarnock can overtake us, meaning we'd be guaranteed 6th at worst. It seems a bit weird wanting us to potentially drop to 5th tonight, but that's just the way it is!

Edited by Spain

Close, that's exactly what we don't want to happen.

St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd. can all overtake us, which would drop us to seventh. But if United fail to win tonight, only St. Johnstone & Kilmarnock can overtake us, meaning we'd be guaranteed 6th at worst. It seems a bit weird wanting us to potentially drop to 5th tonight, but that's just the way it is!

Aye that's what i sort of meant, they needed to win to deny us tonight.

Aye that's what i sort of meant, they needed to win to deny us tonight.

Ah right, I get you.

They don't need to win to make it themselves though, well not yet. If they lost they could mathematically still nip into 6th ahead of Kilmarnock, but if Kilmarnock then won on Wednesday United would be out of it, and only Aberdeen could pip Killie (if Aberdeen beat United and Killie lost to Dundee and with a 7 goal swing).

Comprende? ;)

Edited by Spain