The General Ross County Chat Thread

What's happened to Tony Dingwall lads?

He still in the squad?

Thought he was your big prospect but doesn't seem to come up in any striker chats (he was a striker/winger wasn't he?)

Totally out of the picture at the moment.  Whether that's down to injuries, attitude or ability doesn't seem to be entirely clear, but either way I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play again this season.  He's 21 now so if it isn't just because of an injury I suspect he'll be offski in the summer.

ETA: When he has played it's generally been on the wing, although there's an argument he'd be better suited to the Alex Schalk role.  Given the difficulties we've had with out of form wingers in the last couple of months it's telling he hasn't been given a chance to impress.

Edited by Forfinn

...However, in terms of the almost-as-important squad type chat: I would be gutted if we don't manage to keep Schalk around for longer, although more gutted if we don't see Curran back in action next season. Been massively impressed with Graham for months now, that win over Aberdeen was a real turning point in terms of his general performances, not just his goal scoring. He is a funny one - something about his build and running style make him really look out of place, but I think he's very good and has contributed significantly to our season in the end. Goodwillie is currently the one I'd be least bothered about losing. He's the only one not to have made a mark, but this is obviously mainly down to lack of time / opportunity. As others have hinted at, I'd expect someone to have a rest tomorrow and him to get an opportunity. Hope he does, and uses it well. His fresh-legged involvement might be our best chance of taking something from what should be a really difficult game, all things considered. The timing of this one, considering it's importance, probably couldn't be worse.

What is it with the rurals?

Their very high tide mark and almost every other comment references Inverness.

The high priest is Uncle Royston who just can't help himself, he again trotted out the utter nonsense that somehow County are a team for the whole of the north.

It would've been almost ok, if he didn't mention the "I" word. 

What an embarrassing state of affairs almost as embarrassing as a chairman on the Hampden pitch milking the very udders out of his PR opportunity.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, the cup final must have been a welcome distraction from his day to day business.

Last I saw, Global's profits had halved and I think I recall a 20% slump in turnover with a commensurate shedding of jobs.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that this is anywhere near a David Murray type situation but it must be a worry when Macgregor admits that their growth strategy has been halted.

Good win though, well done.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, the cup final must have been a welcome distraction from his day to day business.

Last I saw, Global's profits had halved and I think I recall a 20% slump in turnover with a commensurate shedding of jobs.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that this is anywhere near a David Murray type situation but it must be a worry when Macgregor admits that their growth strategy has been halted.

Good win though, well done.

Ur boring

Why are St J fans always so bothered about the state of our clubs finances and budget? Always commenting on it.

Upset we got our EU Farming subsidy through before them IMO.

Been massively impressed with Graham for months now, that win over Aberdeen was a real turning point in terms of his general performances, not just his goal scoring.

I get you, but I don't 100% agree.  The 1-2 loss at home to ICT was probably the nadir of his performances, then was very good against Aberdeen, but he was back to being anonymous against Hearts before getting injured.  The next Caley game at New Year was when he came on for Curran early on and was marked out of the game again - with one shirk under a challenge at an open goal that I'll never forget.

Since then, he has had a pretty effective 2016.  When he is in an aggressive, confident mood it brings the best out of his touch, which was evident on Sunday, and he has been scoring a fair bit since the  last derby.  I hope he gets a game tonight but if he starts against ICT he has to do a lot better than before.

Edited by bunglebonce

For Sophia's benefit I will comment on our opponents tomorrow.

BBC reports:

"A Scottish Premiership player has been charged with a breach of the peace aggravated by sexual orientation prejudice.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle defender Josh Meekings did not appear in person for the hearing at Inverness Sheriff Court.

His solicitor Rory Gowans asked that the case be continued without plea for instructions from his client.

Mr Gowans sought a four week deferral which Sheriff David Sutherland granted.

The case will call again next month.

Mr Meekings was charged by police after the alleged offence in Inverness city centre on 20 December last year."

This probably wont be much of a distraction, but shows he is allegedly not just a bit of a thug, but indeed a homophobic thug.Will this affect his career? I would hope he'll never get signed here anyway. If it were one of our players I would be embarassed and critical of his recruitment.

My prediction is that Jim will have a thuggery-mitigating strategy against our larger local rivals, and we'll ultimately win the match.

No Pooping On Our Parade.

Edited by Les Westander of County

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwQfnqrO7l0

All forms of violence are abhorrent and I think all concerned should follow the lead of R. Foran per the attached piece of picture in motion.

His insouciance amidst the bedlam caused by the home players and coach is a measure of the man.

I haven't a clue who that County player is who was booked, but that kind of thing is bad.

Down with that type of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwQfnqrO7l0

All forms of violence are abhorrent and I think all concerned should follow the lead of R. Foran per the attached piece of picture in motion.

His insouciance amidst the bedlam caused by the home players and coach is a measure of the man.

I haven't a clue who that County player is who was booked, but that kind of thing is bad.

Down with that type of thing.

Must try harder.