The General Ross County Chat Thread

Stadium update.....

I went for a look around the stadium today, whilst being dragged shopping in Dingwall!

And the away stand is coming along quite well, considering the steel work only started going up on Monday.

They seem to have the majority of the main steel up already for the away stand.

post-180-0-60863800-1336852530_thumb.jpg

Stadium update.....

I went for a look around the stadium today, whilst being dragged shopping in Dingwall!

And the away stand is coming along quite well, considering the steel work only started going up on Monday.

They seem to have the majority of the main steel up already for the away stand.

These updates are awesome.

Yiu just have to delve back into the past to see just how much Vicroia Park has gone from a wee regional pitch to what is shaping up to be a pretty sophisticated undersoil heating all seater,

Steel sheeting supposed to be done this week. The USH etc. is finished, and the pitch will be getting cultivated and seeded on Monday. Seats are arriving near the end of the month. We are officially ahead of programme. 8)

Chuffed for County, and that Youtube video is great. 20 years on and it'll be amazing to see the difference. What's the plan for the seating behind the goals? Is the terracing going to be demolished totally or utilised for putting the seats on? Not sure it is steep enough for that?

These updates are awesome.

Yiu just have to delve back into the past to see just how much Vicroia Park has gone from a wee regional pitch to what is shaping up to be a pretty sophisticated undersoil heating all seater,

The best thing about that video is Don Cowie is the ballboy.

I see we've submitted formal planning for 190 new parking spaces at VP. I'm not sure how we've got around the whole thing, but I was told on the last day of the season that we had leased the "common" next to our existing car park from the Council for parking next year, so I assume once they remove the bund in the current car park and strip the new one, that we will have 190 new spaces. It'll help massively with parking, but I can see it being a disaster for traffic trying to get out after the game!

What bit of ground is that then? The field on the left of the car park?

The field between the car park and the bridge.

It's always been a problem that they couldn't buy it because it was under one of these silly old laws that made it designated "common grazing", meaning you, I or even Engelbert Humperdinck could put a horse or a cow in there without fear of reprisals. So as I said, I have no idea what's changed there now other than the fact they're renting it instead of buying it.

They've been given season tickets as compensation.

That's like giving some dumb girls an invitation to a house party at Ched Evans house.

That's like giving some dumb girls an invitation to a house party at Ched Evans house.

As I'm being expected to sit next season I'll need some way of keeping the circulation going or a blanket of sorts.