The General Ross County Chat Thread

On that left back issue that you mention, I'd rather move Iacovitti to left full back than start with Tremarco.

In fact it might be an idea for today's game as although Reid has had good spells he's been caught out a quite a few times too. Morris is fit again and can easily fit in beside Donaldson. 

On that left back issue that you mention, I'd rather move Iacovitti to left full back than start with Tremarco. In fact it might be an idea for today's game as although Reid has had good spells he's been caught out a quite a few times too. Morris is fit again and can easily fit in beside Donaldson. 

Whilst I think that Reid would get torn a new arse against Jones/Hagi, Iacovitti has been our best defender this season so far and I think he’s required at centre half. He also is far too slow to play full back against that Rangers system.

To be honest, I highly doubt we’ll play 433 today anyway so I think Morris will start at centre back with Donaldson and Iacovitti.

I think Reid is clearly one of these new fangled modern full backs, where pushing forward and being an attacking threat is the meat of their game- defending is an afterthought.

On 02/10/2020 at 23:11, yoda said:

RCC is, objectively, not pish. Give players a run in the team rather than 15 minutes here and there. For whatever reason he's the target for whinging at this season. We'll ignore the cloggers that are getting starts this season and last without contributing much of note.

Struggles to trap a ball, trips over his feet while dribbling, too easily dispossessed, gets absolutely bodied by every single full back.

Don't think I've seen him make a cross so far, but maybe he's Azpilicueta.

14 minutes ago, Aqy said:

Struggles to trap a ball, trips over his feet while dribbling, too easily dispossessed, gets absolutely bodied by every single full back.

Don't think I've seen him make a cross so far, but maybe he's Azpilicueta.

He's set up a goal from a cross- I think that's about it. Accies away maybe?

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I think Reid is clearly one of these new fangled modern full backs, where pushing forward and being an attacking threat is the meat of their game- defending is an afterthought.

I think so too.  I'm quite happy with that, considering we have literally no other options, and our right back is some kind of weird bodied freak that can't defend and can't attack.

Reid is the first genuine prospect (whom we have haven't sold early) we've produced since....  Tony Dingwall?  And I 'd say left back is all Reid's if he wants it.  He could be a County player for a while.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve been RCC’s biggest critic, but thought he had a pretty decent game today to be fair. Kent was quite quiet, and he looked the only one interested in getting up to help Stewart in support

I also thought RCC put in a decent shift today. Have criticized him a lot but no issues today, worked hard.

So what's going to happen with the magical revolving door at Victoria Park with the window "slamming shut" tomorrow?

If Stewart took his chance today he would have been away for sure.  Not convinced we'll get the money we are hoping for.  A large % of any future fee may swing it.

Any rumours of anyone coming in?

10 hours ago, Loki said:

So what's going to happen with the magical revolving door at Victoria Park with the window "slamming shut" tomorrow?

If Stewart took his chance today he would have been away for sure.  Not convinced we'll get the money we are hoping for.  A large % of any future fee may swing it.

Any rumours of anyone coming in?

Central midfielder no doubt.

edit: the correct answer is of course a right back.  Who played there yesterday?

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Central midfielder no doubt.

edit: the correct answer is of course a right back.  Who played there yesterday?

Seen a few reports linkjng us with a loan move for Charlie Lakin who is...a central midfielder.

The club will tweet out a notepad and clock emoji at some point today before excitedly letting us know that we have signed Grimsby's 3rd choice defensive midfielder until the end of the season. Meanwhile there will be one line at the bottom of the press release announcing that Gardyne and Stewart have both been released.

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Aaaaand we've got Josh Mullin back again. Cheers

Giving our best wide player to league rivals, absolutely loving the #RossCountyWay