BBC's Grovelling Apology

I don't know how i missed this little beauty. What a banner! Get it on a spike. 

BBC apologise to Rangers and Ryan Jack over ‘severed head’ picture used alongside Aberdeen ticket story https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3371582/ryan-jack-bbc-rangers-picture-aberdeen-image-tickets?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I think i've provided an exhaustive list. 

The transfer one is truly pathetic and no other club would have complained about it. Imagine a world where all incorrect transfer gossip merited an apology. 

Michael Stewart was out of order (or at least too candid and blunt) but he was a guest on radio and not editorialising or reporting on behalf of the BBC. 

I don't know much about the McCoist one but it sounds like standard documentary creative editing and probably out of order. 

It's a really intensive campaign of harassment and hate and i don't know how the poor wee things can sleep at night. 

I think the McCoist one when it was made to look like he was smirking at something he wasn't, was poor.  The apology that was delivered was necessary.  There was also one where they did some stupid Mad Men themed intro that seemed to depict a McCoist silhouette falling from a building.  It was juvenile and tasteless.

Otherwise, there's nothing.  Even those instances are massively offset by the sycophantic whitewashing garbage we're constantly treated to, as well as by the linguistic gymnastics that are engaged in to refer to what happened in 2012.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Let me get this right, the BBC were in the wrong for correctly reporting sectarian singing?

They reported that some people were arrested on suspicion of sectarianism. So they can’t even use the ‘naw we were singing up to our knees in big trophies!’ Line. 

Just a fact that these guys were arrested.