BBC's Grovelling Apology

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Constructing an argument you've no sensible response to, is a different thing from crying.

It was such a good argument that you managed to completely undermine it by yourself with this:

Now our Rangers fans will accurately point out that their players were not deemed ineligible.

The rest of it is tear-stained nonsense that was boring to litigate ten years ago, never mind now. All I can do is laugh at the people still obsessed by it tbh. Surely your lives aren’t that empty?

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

It was such a good argument that you managed to completely undermine it by yourself with this:

The rest of it is tear-stained nonsense that was boring to litigate ten years ago, never mind now. All I can do is laugh at the people still obsessed by it tbh. Surely your lives aren’t that empty?

:lol: OBSESSED. 

Holding a view on it doesn’t make someone obsessed pal. It’s an absolutely valid point whether you like it or care. 

I get that writing absolutely everything off as ‘sevcoing’ is much easier for you though. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Holding a view on it doesn’t make someone obsessed pal. It’s an absolutely valid point whether you like it or care. 

I get that writing absolutely everything off as ‘sevcoing’ is much easier for you though. 

“Please don’t laugh at me for still being upset about Rangers beating us twenty years ago”

1 minute ago, G51 said:

“Please don’t laugh at me for still being upset about Rangers beating us twenty years ago”

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

So a Scottish team getting to the europa league final isn’t fantastic? Ok m3.

I suppose it depends on whether or not you consider Rangers (or Celtic, in the interests of balance) to be a Scottish team...

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

my friend, you and the rest of the drydicks at p&b/afc chat/the scottish football monitor or whatever can continue to make whatever well-constructed arguments and valid points you want. i will continue to laugh at it tho

35 minutes ago, G51 said:

cry more bitch

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

At least the in living memory comments now start to make sense

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

my friend, you and the rest of the drydicks at p&b/afc chat/the scottish football monitor or whatever can continue to make whatever well-constructed arguments and valid points you want. i will continue to laugh at it tho

I know you will. I’m just pointing out that it’s rooted in denial. 

Makes no odds to me if you’re sat in your house laughing. 

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

"drydicks"

You having a normal one I see..............................

Edited by Leith Green

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

All very well but I remember Monkey Tennis and his days in the BRALT when he practically lived there . Obsessed is appropriate 

8 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

All very well but I remember Monkey Tennis and his days in the BRALT when he practically lived there . Obsessed is appropriate 

Never denied it.

I did become obsessed by the Rangers fiasco.  I thought it was fascinating and exciting.  Obviously, that obsession has waned somewhat.  The arguments haven't become less valid over time though.  Giving them an airing is sensible enough in the context of seeing sides punished currently, for fielding players they shouldn't have.

I've always thought the 'obsessed' thing was a pretty weak angle of attack.  Guilty as charged - not a problem, is it?

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

Why would you laugh at well constructed arguments and valid points?

Is it because you can't counter them?

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why would you laugh at well constructed arguments and valid points?

Is it because you can't counter them?

because it’s funny, and the further away we get from 2012, the funnier it is. the whole thing just broke a load of peoples brains. cracked and fried like eggs.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

because it’s funny, and the further away we get from 2012, the funnier it is. the whole thing just broke a load of peoples brains. cracked and fried like eggs.

That's a bit daft.

My personal memories of the entire episode are incredibly positive.  I loved seeing Rangers in that kind of mess and am grateful that I ever did.

Inevitably, it's come to an end and the destructive duopoly is back in place.  It actually took longer to return than I thought it would.  The whole thing was great though - loads of absolutely hilarious events during the banter years.

I've never been too hung up on the question of continuation, myself.  I do think that title stripping should have happened though and that it's an injustice that it didn't.  I was reminded of it when I saw what happened to some clubs in this season's League Cup.  That's really all, you know.

If you need to just say you find it all funny though, then be my guest.  As I said, a bit daft.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

How many years back was the Celtic boys club sex abuse scandal that takes up a good percent of your songbook? 

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's a bit daft.

My personal memories of the entire episode are incredibly positive.  I loved seeing Rangers in that kind of mess and am grateful that I ever did.

Inevitably, it's come to an end and the destructive duopoly is back in place.  It actually took longer to return than I thought it would.  The whole thing was great though - loads of absolutely hilarious events during the banter years.

I've never been too hung up on the question of continuation, myself.  I do think that title stripping should have happened though and that it's an injustice that it didn't.  I was reminded of it when I saw what happened to some clubs in this season's League Cup.  That's really all, you know.

If you need to just say you find it all funny though, then be my guest.  As I said, a bit daft.

tl;dr

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

How many years back was the Celtic boys club sex abuse scandal that takes up a good percent of your songbook? 

it takes up precisely zero percent of my songbook tyvm