House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

8 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

tune-in-next-episode-v0-onkjskg39ycd1.jp

"Y'wanna know how I lost this eye?"

Thought it was a meh episode this week tbh.

Spoiler

Knew that lad was getting Seasmoked.

I really enjoyed most of it. Frankly, just seeing GRRM's world continuing to be fleshed out is great, and I'm glad they are continuing to give characters enough time for us to care about them before things get juicy.

Seems homophobes/religious nutters are intent on shitting on it:

Pathetic.

Book talk:

It looks like Nettles won't be in the show and her story will he given to Rhaena. A shame, but you can understand why. They will develop her relationship with Daemon.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

I really enjoyed most of it. Frankly, just seeing GRRM's world continuing to be fleshed out is great, and I'm glad they are continuing to give characters enough time for us to care about them before things get juicy.

Seems homophobes/religious nutters are intent on shitting on it:

Pathetic.

Book talk:

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like Nettles won't be in the show and her story will he given to Rhaena. A shame, but you can understand why. They will develop her relationship with Daemon.

The episode was poor but nowhere near that bad. Rhaenyra and Alicent being gay has not only been heavily hinted at in the show, it was discussed by the actresses and the show runners. Don’t get why the religious nuts have chosen this time in particular to be raging at when you had a million instances of it in GoT and even Laenor was at it last season. 

Mysaria’s accent and the way she speaks in general drive me mad. I’ve also had enough of Daemon’s Harenhall dreams, don’t need 4 episodes of him hallucinating to tell us it’s cursed. I love Helaena popping up with her cryptic/autistic/dreamer stuff.  

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

The episode was poor but nowhere near that bad. Rhaenyra and Alicent being gay has not only been heavily hinted at in the show, it was discussed by the actresses and the show runners. Don’t get why the religious nuts have chosen this time in particular to be raging at when you had a million instances of it in GoT and even Laenor was at it last season. 

Mysaria’s accent and the way she speaks in general drive me mad. I’ve also had enough of Daemon’s Harenhall dreams, don’t need 4 episodes of him hallucinating to tell us it’s cursed. I love Helaena popping up with her cryptic/autistic/dreamer stuff.  

Really? I think Mysaria is sexy AF. No wonder Rhaenyra fired in.

Well, the reviews were that this one was an absolute beezer, and it certainly was.

I really wish the Twitter cry babies would learn to accept that slower episodes such as the last two prior are necessary to help make episodes like this one truly great. Perhaps if they were all released at once, rather than drip fed each week over a couple of months, there would be less tears. That would be utter pish, though, and not the way this show should be, same as Game of Thrones before it.

I'm very curious to see at what point they finish off the season next week. One thing's for sure: season three will be an all-timer.

50 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well, the reviews were that this one was an absolute beezer, and it certainly was.

I really wish the Twitter cry babies would learn to accept that slower episodes such as the last two prior are necessary to help make episodes like this one truly great. Perhaps if they were all released at once, rather than drip fed each week over a couple of months, there would be less tears. That would be utter pish, though, and not the way this show should be, same as Game of Thrones before it.

I'm very curious to see at what point they finish off the season next week. One thing's for sure: season three will be an all-timer.

Presumably we'll be waiting a fucking age for season 3 like we were between 1 and 2. 

Aemond shiting it was a nice touch tonight. I like that despite Rhaneyra getting what she wanted, it's becoming more obvious to the viewer that actually, everyone is slowly losing control of the situation and it's going to end badly.  

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Presumably we'll be waiting a fucking age for season 3 like we were between 1 and 2. 

Aemond shiting it was a nice touch tonight. I like that despite Rhaneyra getting what she wanted, it's becoming more obvious to the viewer that actually, everyone is slowly losing control of the situation and it's going to end badly.  

My hope is that the writer strike at least played some part in the gap between season one and two. My guess is the earliest season three will release is August next year, while it could be as late as the first half of 2026. Filming should be starting fairly soon, so that's a positive at least.

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms will release next year at some point, which could complicate how they want to handle things. Assuming it comes out first, it will be a nice addition to help ease the wait.

5 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

How did Milli Vanilli manage to get a saddle for Seasmoke?

Jace is a proper wee entitled p***k as well now. Good stuff. They really are all c***s. 

Jace has spent the whole season raging/looking for a reason to be raging. Gives big incel vibes, he’s getting as bad as Cole. 

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Jace has spent the whole season raging/looking for a reason to be raging. Gives big incel vibes, he’s getting as bad as Cole. 

Thought he had a kernel of a point tbh. Not that they had much choice but try and use the unclaimed dragons, but he was right. Who are they really now that there's 3 lads kicking about with dragons, each of which would boot his and maws dragons arse.....

Big Shug pretty much became the second most powerful man in the world once he sat on Vermithor. What are these guys going to want once the wars over, and whose going to argue with them if say the three of them put their heads together in a low born alliance.....

Of course, he did top his logic off with a Liberal dose of "BUT WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!'

12 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

How did Milli Vanilli manage to get a saddle for Seasmoke?

They're seemingly never taken off once on. Young Aemond claimed his dragon the saddle was still on despite roaming without a rider for years. 

Actually thought Alicent had drowned herself after the remark about not knowing if she would return.

Really good episode.

Aemond backing down after noticing he was outnumbered was a good ending.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thought he had a kernel of a point tbh. Not that they had much choice but try and use the unclaimed dragons, but he was right. Who are they really now that there's 3 lads kicking about with dragons, each of which would boot his and maws dragons arse.....

Big Shug pretty much became the second most powerful man in the world once he sat on Vermithor. What are these guys going to want once the wars over, and whose going to argue with them if say the three of them put their heads together in a low born alliance.....

Of course, he did top his logic off with a Liberal dose of "BUT WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!'

Yeah he wasn’t wrong but it’s more the way he went about it. It reminded me a bit of when Joffrey had a go at Cersei about how Robert was shagging about behind her back/her and Jamie. His point was right but he was just being a whiny wee child about it. Cersei slaps him and Rhaenyra verbally slaps him. 

Oscar Tully was good, again if we’re looking back (forward I suppose) to GoT it was similar to the scene when Sansa (also a Tully) easily manipulates Joffrey into not killing the drunk knight in the scene Tyrion arrives back in KL. Daemon was at least smart enough to realise he’d been backed into a corner though. 

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Yeah he wasn’t wrong but it’s more the way he went about it. It reminded me a bit of when Joffrey had a go at Cersei about how Robert was shagging about behind her back/her and Jamie. His point was right but he was just being a whiny wee child about it. Cersei slaps him and Rhaenyra verbally slaps him. 

Oscar Tully was good, again if we’re looking back (forward I suppose) to GoT it was similar to the scene when Sansa (also a Tully) easily manipulates Joffrey into not killing the drunk knight in the scene Tyrion arrives back in KL. Daemon was at least smart enough to realise he’d been backed into a corner though. 

Half Tully!!!

Ok, giving this show too much thought so daft question time.

I thought the Targaereans were immune to heat, in GoT Danearys emerged unscathed from Drogo's funeral pyre. Yet the king fella in this show is suffering terrible burns.

Or is dragonfire a different level of burn?

And while I'm on a stupidity roll, how do they get a riders seat on a dragon, seeing as they carbonise anyone they don't like and who doesn't have the right blood, who comes anywhere near them?