House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

I like the little throwbacks to Game of Thrones.  Aegon wanking out the same window that Tommen jumped from last week, and the Valyrian steel dagger making a more prominent appearance this week. 

All in all, I think it's been brilliant so far.

That was the best episode yet other than the obvious plot hole of why the gay husband couldn't just jizz on his fingers then impregnate her like a prize heifer. It would have saved a huge amount of trouble. 

I didn't like the switcheroo at the end though, it seems like they are scared to have Rhaneyra do anything that would be unpopular.

Those mop tops are fucked as soon as Matt Smith pops a son/great nephew out his niece. I can't wait to see the back of the wee b*****ds. 

Coryls being chill about his line getting wiped out made no sense at all but he's the ranking black character so they obviously want to keep him popular online. His wife is just about the only decent actor in it, hopefully she steps up. 

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Coryls being chill about his line getting wiped out made no sense at all but he's the ranking black character so they obviously want to keep him popular online. His wife is just about the only decent actor in it, hopefully she steps up. 

Corlys will be assuming that by the time any of Rhaenyras children get to the Iron Throne Viserys will be long gone and he can go back on his promise of them taking the Targaryen surname. 

12 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Corlys will be assuming that by the time any of Rhaenyras children get to the Iron Throne Viserys will be long gone and he can go back on his promise of them taking the Targaryen surname. 

Aye but they're not his grandkids.

GIven that Rhaenyra was 16 when he made the promise there's not much chance of him being around either. The cuckoo in the nest plot is entertaining but also completely idiotic and dependent on Westeros nobles making decisions as if they are 17 year old girls on Twitter.

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I felt like Helen Keller for large chunks of last night’s episode - could they not use stronger candles or choose a night when there was a full moon so that you could actually see what was happening.

They don't shoot at night. They use daylight then make it dark in post production.

Watching in a dark room usually helps. 

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They don't shoot at night. They use daylight then make it dark in post production.

Watching in a dark room usually helps. 

It was quite obvious from the size of the shadows in the outdoor scenes last night that it had been shot in daylight, and darkened artificially. 

On 07/10/2022 at 19:38, mollypars said:

The House of the Dragon is incredible. I like that we saw very cool graphics with a dragon in the last series. The flight of the dragon is amazing. Now the whole family is waiting for the release of new episodes, and we even ordered something for dragon-vibe.com since I want to surround the sb with pleasant little things like dragons. Are there those who have read the book? Was much missed to shorten the screen time? Will there be interesting plot twists shortly?

Do you work on commission? 3 posts, all selling shite.

I wonder if they are going to widen the scope in season 2?  They have already set it up so you have the Vale hating Deamon, the Lannisters don't like Rhaynera and the Reach is with Allicent. 

So that leaves the North, the Stormlands and Dorne uncommited as to whether they will recognise the mop top b*****ds as heir. 

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I wonder if they are going to widen the scope in season 2?  They have already set it up so you have the Vale hating Deamon, the Lannisters don't like Rhaynera and the Reach is with Allicent. 

So that leaves the North, the Stormlands and Dorne uncommited as to whether they will recognise the mop top b*****ds as heir. 

There's definitely scope in what's been written to do that but it may depend on how they adapt it. People and set pieces could be cut for time and budget. The characters introduced so far are the vast majority of the major players in the story but there's definitely some characters from elsewhere in the seven kingdoms that haven't appeared yet that could /should play a decent role.

There's some characters/events that would be really cool but depending on where they want to focus on ending the timeline they may not even show in detail or at all.

3 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I'm enjoying this, it looks awesome and there's some really good performances but I've come to the realisation that I don't really care. I've not found myself invested enough in any of the characters to really be bothered if they are named successor or get their head chopped off. 

I’m the same.  Enjoying it, but I’m ready just to see utter violence.

Ive struggled for the first ten minutes in the recent episodes until you see Paddy Considine looking more like skeletor and realise there’s been a time jump.

I'm enjoying this, it looks awesome and there's some really good performances but I've come to the realisation that I don't really care. I've not found myself invested enough in any of the characters to really be bothered if they are named successor or get their head chopped off. 
I like it when it's like that though. When things aren't written specifically as goodies v baddies, and you aren't pushed into rooting one way or the other. I find things more enjoyable when I'm just waiting to see what it has to offer, and who is next to get wiped out.

Not really, Ned was objecting to Cersei's children as they had no royal blood at all whereas Allicent is looking to usurp the named legal heir. Whether her children are b*****ds or not doesn't reflect on Rhaenyra's right to rule.

13 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Not really, Ned was objecting to Cersei's children as they had no royal blood at all whereas Allicent is looking to usurp the named legal heir. Whether her children are b*****ds or not doesn't reflect on Rhaenyra's right to rule.

Aye it does.

Having non true born children makes her a whore by the standards of their society as as the Driftmark guy said. 

Trying to put a b*****d on the throne makes her an Usurper.

Having the show focussed on one extended family has allowed them to make Rhaneyra seem more reasonable than she is because you never get to hear what the realm thinks. A huge war is going to start because she was horny for the big Strong son.