Seriously? "Warm Banks"?

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I normally pay for my 5-a-side and was thinking of chucking it to pay my heating bills.

Does this mean I now get £100K PA?

Ditch Netflix and stop buying skinny lattes at Starbucks and you are worth more than Jeff Bezos 

Wonder why banks were what came to mind for the scum who thought this horror up...

They've obviously not seen many bank branches these days anyway. They're increasingly smaller, and that's when they aren't shutting down. There's no room for folk in branches.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some places start charging for admission if folk are going to spending time there...

37 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Ditch Netflix and stop buying skinny lattes at Starbucks and you are worth more than Jeff Bezos 

Don’t you have to be regulated by the FCA to give personal financial advice like that?

I want to make sure that when I sue you I have some chance of recompense.

We really need to get to the bottom of the expenses that these MPs and MSPs are claiming.
Fine if they are supporting offices, staff and travel (not first class either)
But other expenses such as Sky Tv, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Home Broadband, and fucking duck ponds can get tae fcuk. 
Every last one of them should be heavily scrutinised and called out for expenses that are clearly taking the piss.
I don’t care what political party they belong to. 
Name and shame them.

The daily unreceipted food allowance for MPs is certainly taking the piss. How many of us, get to put what amounts to a full weekly shop on the tab of our employer (in this case the Tax-Payer), no questions asked?
Get this unnecessary ‘perk’ in the bin too.

45 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

The daily unreceipted food allowance for MPs is certainly taking the piss. How many of us, get to put what amounts to a full weekly shop on the tab of our employer (in this case the Tax-Payer), no questions asked?

Is it still £25 per day for each MP?

I assume this basically means they can eat and drink that amount every day they are in Parliament?

Do the HoL get same allowance?

There was a time people used to be very squeamish about politicians having photo opportunities at food banks because we shouldn't need them in a developed country and they should be a measure of how the system is broken. Now they are ubiquitous.

On Monday I have a meeting at work about how we are going to implement the "cosy spaces" initiative where we work out what buildings our local council can give over for people to huddle in to keep them out of their own homes as long as possible.

TBF the fault lies with people like me. I used to wonder when those at the bottom would have enough and rebel and stupidly didn't appreciate its people like me with a voice, education and confidence that need to. 

Those at the bottom are absolutely worn out.

I don't know what the answer is but we need to coalesce around something radical soon or warm banks will be the next thing that we just accept and even celebrate.

51 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I assume this basically means they can eat and drink that amount every day they are in Parliament?

Completely irrelevant distraction. There are under 2000 members of the houses of Parliament. 

We could give them all a million quid it doesn't matter in the least.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Completely irrelevant distraction. There are under 2000 members of the houses of Parliament. 

We could give them all a million quid it doesn't matter in the least.

I get that. I guess we get distracted as these are the cnuts that have led us down this road. Apologies. 

Let’s fcuking riot!

In an interview with the New Musical Express in December 1976, Joe Strummer responded angrily to the suggestion that some people misinterpreted the “White Riot” lyrics as racist: “They’re not racist! They’re not racist at all!”. Strummer pointed out that inner-city Black youth were now fighting back against poverty and heavy-handed policing. “White Riot” was a call to arms to white youth to fight back in the same way and have, in the words of the song, “a riot of my own”.

Yep £25 per day, not sure about the HOL.

Imagine a Brickie, Teacher, Postie or a Nurse perhaps, sauntering into Greggs, Subway, or Tesco’s every day for TWENTY FIVE quids worth of food and drink and just sticking it on an account at the till, for someone else to settle at the end of the month. Greedy bast*rds.

12 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

We thought things were getting bad when this country had to have food banks. Coming soon to a place near you... "warm banks". 

Yes in this advanced economy, what is it - the fifth of sixth wealthiest countries in the world... publicly funded warm buildings for folk to sit in in cold weather. 

Being discussed on LBC now and apparently Martin Lewis spoke on it recently. 

FFS. 

we have always had them. They were called libraries, its a pity so many have been shutdown in last few years

Edited by BigDoddyKane