The “We’re Top of the League and You’re No” Thread

• 3 months later...

Just looking ahead to the top of the league clash on 25th March as Dumbarton come to Stirling.

I notice it's scheduled as normal with a 3pm kick off but this clashes directly with Scotlands opening qualifier vs Cyprus which kicks off at 2pm.

Given its likely to be a huge game for both clubs with a big support for both, do you think there is any chance of it being moved to the Sunday? Would be a massive shame if it clashed.

Edited by DavidMcG

I bought a ticket to the Scotland game without checking if there were league fixtures on. It's not too late to move it slightly but as other games have been changed, I assume it'll be going ahead as planned. I'm not looking forward to having no signal at Hampden and having no idea what's going on at Forthbank in the first half.

2 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Just looking ahead to the top of the league clash on 25th March as Dumbarton come to Stirling.

I notice it's scheduled as normal with a 3pm kick off but this clashes directly with Scotlands opening qualifier vs Cyprus which kicks off at 2pm.

Given its likely to be a huge game for both clubs with a big support for both, do you think there is any chance of it being moved to the Sunday? Would be a massive shame if it clashed.

I'd asked a wee bit about this and it seems like it's not being moved. I wouldn't be at Hampden, but it seems odd to me. Especially for a game like this. It could've been a cracker for the BBC to stick on TV on Friday night too.

34 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Aye I'm at Scotland game but this in theory should be set up to be a cracker.

I dont know the logistics involved in moving a game if both clubs agree but surely can't be too late to move it?

As you say a Friday evening or a Sunday afternoon would be smashing

During the Covid season we moved a game with Airdrie from The Rock to their place on the Friday morning. Obviously things would be different now fans are back - but I can't see it being a major ask. You'd probably see a far better turnout with neutrals and stuff on a Saturday night too. If Sons weren't playing but the Binos were playing another team with only a point or so between them at Forthbank on a Friday or Sunday I'd probably head along. Would be a shame to see the attendance and atmosphere hit by the fixtures clashing.

On 18/02/2023 at 14:08, Sweet Pete said:

Anyone picking Scotland v Cyprus over a top of the table clash between Binos and Sons is a weirdo. International football is crap at the best of times, but even more so when it's an important club game.

Wish I could have given that more than one greenie. Any suggestion that our game should be shifted to a Friday or Saturday night should get bombed out straight away

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's nice here WC Boggs!!! Think i'll stick the kettle on and get some cakes, what do you take?? Sounds like we are going to be here for a wee bit longer so should make ourselves a bit more comfortable.......will I get some beers in as well, for the long haul?

13 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It's nice here WC Boggs!!! Think i'll stick the kettle on and get some cakes, what do you take?? Sounds like we are going to be here for a wee bit longer so should make ourselves a bit more comfortable.......will I get some beers in as well, for the long haul?

Milk, no sugar. Beer yes, but definitely no smegging Stella Artois.   Somebody please do something abut the naked Dumbarton supporter in the shower.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You probably want to to check the front lawn too, we've likely left it in an awful state.

The lawn's fine. The keep off the grass you Rangers B b*****ds sign was a nice touch.