Scottish Draw

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Clach were a good bunch when they played Edinburgh City years ago- drank the old City Club dry too! :cheers

Ties are a bit of a lottery with no replays now. I think Dunbar have a reasonable chance of going through in front of a big crowd at New Countess Park. 

You should be holidaying in the Sunny Dunny, Welshy, not some other dump! 

That’ll be the Edinburgh City Club (Baxter Place) who own the rights to the name Edinburgh City. It would take a fair bit to empty that place of drink.

Appropriate to raise a glass to FC Edinburgh.

5 hours ago, Man from the East said:

That all sounds very familiar - it’s the expectant father in the waiting room routine. It’s all out of your hands!!

Last season was the first competing in the Scottish, home wins against Camelon and Broxburn  draw to LTHV ( our penalty came rattled off the crossbar ) then lost the replay in controversial circumstances. However the crowds turned out in numbers for those games. It was 400+, then 500+ with final attendance of 7OO+. Even at the replay all accounts quote a very sizeable Dunbar support of at least 50%. 
What’s your travelling support likely to be?

The travel will certainly be a factor with 4+ hours driving. The train station is only a 2 minute walk from the ground, do it in traditional ‘fitba special’ style😁😁

The away win to Vale of Leithen in the prelim was a bonus. VoL are very experienced in the Scottish. This season has been ok so far. I think DUFC are away to Coldstream tonight than away to Kennoway Star in Fife on Saturday. Last season the team never took a single point from 5 league matches in the Kingdom and that’s exactly what they deserved. Come the final matches of last season the team just sleepwalked into relegation. Can’t argue with league placing - must do better this year.
This season the league pace setters are undeniably Luncarty. Other quoted favourites include Newtongrange Star, Leith Athletic and Dunipace. Dunbar seem to be sitting in the mix but there’s an awful long way to go. It’s early days. Indeed last season DUFC had a superb winning start to the season, then covid/suspensions/availiability and other factors crept in.

Finally, by all accounts and on many recommendations the pies are worth journey. The sausage rolls aren’t to bad either. 

We've had a poor record in the Cup over recent years, don't think we've got past the 1st round in the time I've been here, about 10 years. Lost 1-2 to Dunipace last year but it was the worst I saw them play all season, never turned up. I think they thought it would be easy but couldn't step up a gear when Dunipace, who weren't great tbh, scrapped for every ball and deservedly won just on effort. I doubt we'll take more than 50 down, I was surprised to see how few of us made it to our first away day to Brechin last season. Maybe a couple of coaches. I'd have made a weekend of it but I'm away unfortunately.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We've had a poor record in the Cup over recent years, don't think we've got past the 1st round in the time I've been here, about 10 years. Lost 1-2 to Dunipace last year but it was the worst I saw them play all season, never turned up. I think they thought it would be easy but couldn't step up a gear when Dunipace, who weren't great tbh, scrapped for every ball and deservedly won just on effort. I doubt we'll take more than 50 down, I was surprised to see how few of us made it to our first away day to Brechin last season. Maybe a couple of coaches. I'd have made a weekend of it but I'm away unfortunately.

Sounds like they have a bit of ground to make up. It’s always hard to recover and get back to former levels. It’s a cycle thing isn’t it?

I’d say 50 would be a good turnout. There’s a bar which also serves meals/food attached to the ground. Separate entity but very popular on match days. 
If it’d been the reverse fixture I think DUFC may have taken the same number of fans on the road. That’s just shy of the number I’ve heard quoted that travelled to Innerleithen. 
It’ll soon be over done and dusted. Good luck fellah.

On 29/08/2022 at 15:42, welshbairn said:

What are Dunbar like then? Clach are taking time to get going this season but I can see them climbing to mid table from their lowly second bottom position today.

Going by the rankings there's not that much between you, Dunbar are about the level of Forres/Huntly (who you beat 1-0), so probably the home tie giving them the advantage. Their opening games have been kind to them though, playing teams below their level (VOL, Tweedmouth, Rosyth, Burntisland, with Coldstream and Kennoway coming up).

11 hours ago, Man from the East said:

The travel will certainly be a factor with 4+ hours driving. The train station is only a 2 minute walk from the ground, do it in traditional ‘fitba special’ style😁😁

Sadly no trains between Edinburgh and Newcastle that weekend. ;)

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Going by the rankings there's not that much between you, Dunbar are about the level of Forres/Huntly (who you beat 1-0), so probably the home tie giving them the advantage. Their opening games have been kind to them though, playing teams below their level (VOL, Tweedmouth, Rosyth, Burntisland, with Coldstream and Kennoway coming up).

Aye, was thinking it could be close. I just hope we turn up fired up for it, Clach seem to switch off sometimes when playing sides from other leagues, no idea why. We got a proper spanking from Linlithgow Rose a few years back, that was different, outclassed by a far better team. It's when it's a winnable game it's annoying.

Edited by welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

Syngenta v Auchinleck Talbot

Benburb v 
Dundonald Bluebell
Darvel v Tynecastle
Dunbar United v Clachnacuddin
Dunipace v Broxburn Athletic
Gala Fairydean Rovers v Sauchie
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Inverurie Loco Works
Jeanfield Swifts v Brechin City
Linlithgow Rose v Berwick Rangers
Musselburgh Athletic v Newtongrange Star
Strathspey Thistle v Camelon
University of Stirling v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Target would be for 6 or 7 clubs to progress this weekend: that's challenging.

There are just 2 all-EOSL ties in Dunipace-Broxburn and Musselburgh-Newtongrange.

Linlithgow, Sauchie, Dundonald, Camelon, Dunbar and Hill of Beath at least in with a shout.

Jeanfield, Syngenta, Tynecastle and LTHV clear underdogs.

Of course no replays: ET>pens.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Syngenta v Auchinleck Talbot

Benburb v 
Dundonald Bluebell
Darvel v Tynecastle
Dunbar United v Clachnacuddin
Dunipace v Broxburn Athletic
Gala Fairydean Rovers v Sauchie
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Inverurie Loco Works
Jeanfield Swifts v Brechin City
Linlithgow Rose v Berwick Rangers
Musselburgh Athletic v Newtongrange Star
Strathspey Thistle v Camelon
University of Stirling v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Target would be for 6 or 7 clubs to progress this weekend: that's challenging.

There are just 2 all-EOSL ties in Dunipace-Broxburn and Musselburgh-Newtongrange.

Linlithgow, Sauchie, Dundonald, Camelon, Dunbar and Hill of Beath at least in with a shout.

Jeanfield, Syngenta, Tynecastle and LTHV clear underdogs.

Of course no replays: ET>pens.

I fancy Jeanfield for an upset. Some really good cup ties there…

Syngenta 2-4 Auchinleck Talbot

Benburb 4-2 
Dundonald Bluebell
Darvel (eight) 8-0 Tynecastle
Dunbar United 3-2 Clachnacuddin (aet, FT 2-2)
Dunipace 1-1 Broxburn Athletic (aet, FT 1-1, 4-3p)
Gala Fairydean Rovers 1-4 Sauchie
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3-1 Inverurie Loco Works
Jeanfield Swifts 1-5 Brechin City
Linlithgow Rose 2-1 Berwick Rangers
Musselburgh Athletic 1-2 Newtongrange Star (aet, FT 1-1)
Strathspey Thistle 0-5 Camelon

On 16/09/2022 at 18:36, HibeeJibee said:

Target would be for 6 or 7 clubs out of 13 to progress this weekend: that's challenging.

Challenging perhaps, but more than attainable for a league which continues to mature in both capability and strength. Excellent wins for Dunbar, Sauchie, Hill of Beath, Linlithgow and Camelon against higher opposition sees 7 progress - with LTHV still to have a shot tomorrow.

Consider that HL despite having 18 participants only got 6 through; LL had 16 and got 7 through; EOSL got 7 through and WOSL impressively got 8 through.

Syngenta and Dundonald also came close.

As expected Tynecastle and Jeanfield struggled, while Dunipace and Newtongrange did great credit to the First Division against their Premier opponents. Indeed there are more First Division in R2 than Premier...

Edited by HibeeJibee

R2 draw:

SPFL2 (10)
Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Dumbarton, East Fife, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Stranraer

Lowland League (7/8)
Bo'ness United, Caledonian Braves, Dalbeattie Star, East Kilbride, Gretna 2008, OG Broomhill, Spartans

Highland League (6)
Banks o'Dee, Brechin City, Buckie Thistle, Formartine United, Fraserburgh, Wick Academy

East of Scotland League (7/8)
(Premier Division)     Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Linlithgow Rose, Sauchie
(First Divisiion)            Camelon, Dunbar United, Dunipace, Newtongrange Star

West of Scotland League (8)
(Premier Division)     Auchinleck Talbot, Cumnock, Darvel, Kilwinning Rangers, Pollok
(First Division)             Benburb, Drumchapel United
(Second Division)       Glasgow University

Midland League (1)
Carnoustie Panmure

tbc (1)
University of Stirling/Lothian Thistle HV

Bo'ness United v Auchinleck Talbot
Brechin City v Stirling Albion
Buckie Thistle v Open Goal Broomhill
Carnoustie Panmure v Formartine United
Cumnock v Dumbarton
Dalbeattie Star v Darvel
Dunbar United v University of Stirling
Dunipace v Banks o'Dee
East Kilbride v Caledonian Braves
Elgin City v Camelon
Fraserburgh v Stranraer
Glasgow University v Albion Rovers
Gretna 2008 v Drumchapel United
Kilwinning Rangers v Forfar Athletic
Linlithgow Rose v Spartans
Newtongrange Star v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Pollok v Annan Athletic
Sauchie v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Stenhousemuir v East Fife
Wick Academy v Benburb

Nitten or Haws guaranteed to make R3 where Championship clubs and £10k prizemoney await.

Big ask for Camelon and Sauchie.

Dunbar, Dunipace and Linlithgow tough ties but still winnable.

On 30/08/2022 at 17:23, Ginaro said:

Sadly no trains between Edinburgh and Newcastle that weekend. ;)

Do you have another link to the roun Ba - I’m getting a cloned site. It’ll prob be my settings. 

1 hour ago, Man from the East said:

Do you have another link to the roun Ba - I’m getting a cloned site. It’ll prob be my settings. 

I went looking for it as well for the Scottish Cup ties but noticed it was down, this is the guy that runs it on Twitter: