Accies vs Raith, 20/8/22

43 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

He was, but he chickened out of inspecting the net in front of our stand at the start and ran away to the far end. He also didn't run the line closest to the away support.

I believe the senior assistant referee always takes the Main Stand side. So Douglas Ross was always going to be at the other end. I’m sure he was delighted as that was in front of Accies family section instead of the away fans . Thought the referee was pish yesterday and I hate myself for saying this but Ross was probably the best of the 3, certainly felt the other 2 got far more wrong than DRoss (need to lie down after admitting that 😂

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

At 24 seconds, the lad coming in at the turnstiles has satellites in orbit.

Nothing worse, you pay your £20 to get in and 1 second later it’s in your net before you even get to your seat. It’s just going to be one of those days.  

Thought Accies looked poor yesterday but TBF we looked poor against Cove.  League this year seems wide open, despite losing 1-0 I wasn’t that impressed with Dundee and Partick are dropping points too. Could be a really interesting season this year. 

43 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:
He is a linesman and not a ref anyway, you're not allowed to be both at that level as far as I recall. He was as far from the Raith fans. Still didn't stop a few of them calling all of the officials a Tory anyway. 

Are they not all technically referee's but some can only be an actual referee at certain levels depending on experience etc? I know the rovers fan who's a ref can referee at lower levels but only run the line at higher levels, or at least that was the case last time I spoke to him.

I understand that you can do any up to a certain level and then you have to decide and pick one, especially if you want to be a top level official at Prem, Champ and European level. You could be right though. 

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Nothing worse, you pay your £20 to get in and 1 second later it’s in your net before you even get to your seat. It’s just going to be one of those days.  

Thought Accies looked poor yesterday but TBF we looked poor against Cove.  League this year seems wide open, despite losing 1-0 I wasn’t that impressed with Dundee and Partick are dropping points too. Could be a really interesting season this year. 

That's fair. Dundee weren't great against us at all, they took their chance, threw away others, as did we. I think Partick have the best opportunity this year, if they keep Graham and Tiffoney fit. I worry how our young defenders will cope with Graham ragdolling them for 90 mins next Saturday. Could do with someone taking him out of the game early I think.

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

That's fair. Dundee weren't great against us at all, they took their chance, threw away others, as did we. I think Partick have the best opportunity this year, if they keep Graham and Tiffoney fit. I worry how our young defenders will cope with Graham ragdolling them for 90 mins next Saturday. Could do with someone taking him out of the game early I think.

Big test for them but I’ve been impressed by Nolan and O’Riordan (Zen Archer spell check pending) both so far have really stepped up to the mark. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Big test for them but I’ve been impressed by Nolan and O’Riordan (Zen Archer spell check pending) both so far have really stepped up to the mark. 

I have too, though they've been more often than not losing the aerial battles and collecting the second ball, especially yesterday against Hamilton. Graham is a level above however. It'll be tough and win or lose, a good lesson for them

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

I remember the New Year game around about 1999 when we were at Easter Road.

We left the pub a wee bit late and were about 100 yards from the ground when Hibs scored. I duly had my ticket torn off at the turnstiles and was in the bowels of the old main stand at Easter Road, walking up to my seat, when Hibs scored again.

I reckon if I'd still been in the queue outside at that point, I'd have just turned and headed back to the pub.

8 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Cult daft.Not be long till the Pretendy Ref.😂😂😂😂

A few of our young team started singing "fcuk the Tories" while another lot started singing " fcuk the SNP".

Political nonsense has no place in a stadium as folk go to football to get away from that pish.

Fwiw,they are all turds of varying degrees whatever the Party.

And yet you're all over any political point that isn't in favour of unionism, on this forum or the Accies one. We get it, you prefer Tory rule forevermore to normal independence. 

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

And yet you're all over any political point that isn't in favour of unionism, on this forum or the Accies one. We get it, you prefer Tory rule forevermore to normal independence. 

Nope,the reason I posted this was I had three Season Ticket holders contact me unhappy at what went on.

So,according to some on here, they are not welcome then are they?

I know folk who support our club from all sections of society and Political Parties ranging from The Communist Party to UKIP.All bar a few Separatists leave their Politics at the turnstile as it should be.

I know you tried to tie the support along with a few others  into The Independence Camp in 2014 and were told that the fan base is apolitical...as it should be.I would say the same if it was the other way about.

Leave the Political guff outside the ground-from whatever side of the fence it happens to be.