League Cup Last 16 - Motherwell vs Inverness CT

Phillips455

We were really bad. Our defence is a shambles, we haven’t had any proper full backs for years and have muddled through with a centre half (Deas) and midfielder (Carson) in place. They both did well there but now they are looking to play in a different position we are left completely lacking. Harper isn’t good enough defensively and Duffy isn’t a natural full back. Neither is Hyde, who was torn apart at Partick.  This weakness was consistently exploited by Motherwell and meant we were on the back foot the entire match.

Just terrible stuff and to read that Dodds was moaning about the red beggars belief. Charlie Christie could have reffed the game and we’d have lost.

He said that Motherwell didn't need a helping hand with the award of that 4th penalty which is odd given, as you say, you were already 3 up by that point.

I had to miss the game due to work but it seems that was probably the better option given what folk have said about us last night. Grim stuff right now.

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I saw him arguing with the ref at full time and thought he would like a bit silly if he moaned about the ref in the media. The penalty for the fourth goal was a terrible decision but it has to be taken into context - it was the fourth goal!

I think that awarding the penalty for hand ball was correct.  It was the fact that the guy was on the ground because KVV had thrown him there and then stopped playing himself because the offence was so obvious. To subsequently get a decision in our favour was bizarre.

Our defending was abysmal! I would say we didn't deserve the 4-0 loss to St Johnstone in the play off final but we deserved every goal that Motherwell scored against us last night. Just an awful performance all round

That's 3 very poor performances in a row now after an already underwhelming start to the league. If we lose to Raith on Saturday surely the board need to start looking at the Management team.  I understand that we have about 6-8 injured players but it's no excuse for how bad we've been recently.