Clyde vs Dunfermline - Rearranged for Tue 18th Oct

Starting to feel like Lennon has 'the board' under some kind of "Well, you're not going to get anyone better" spell.

Don't have anything to add which hasn't already been said but Lennon coming out and saying 3 at the back was a mistake days before redeploying it against one of the best teams in the league is wild, especially when you're including Grant (can't move), McLean (slow and old) and Thicot (...).

It's all just absolutely baffling.

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

IIRC, Brewster scored a very similar long ranger against Livi one night. 

Thanks for this, I had forgotten all about that goal!

The Livi ‘keeper also threw one in the net that night and both goals featured on ‘David Seaman’s Goalkeeping Nightmares’ DVD which I got for Christmas 2003. Those were the days!

Looking at Clyde, I can’t see that side staying up. There’s just such a lack of quality. The back 3 were all horrendously slow/immobile. You’d also repeatedly try and play it out from the back, but as soon as they were under any pressure, they’d just punt it anywhere. You just can’t play that way, with players like that. Of course, they’re not helped by Parry looking like a bombscare. He kept coming out and missing several crosses - particularly at corners and long throws and his distribution was horrendous. Kept playing his defenders into trouble, or just giving us the ball.

Gomis’ legs have gone. You could see he still has a footballing brain, but he can’t run and struggled to have any influence. Chalmers was outpacing him. Your number 10 looked alright in flashes when running with the ball, but his end product was really poor. Up front, your striker’s first touch was horrendous, so he couldn’t hold it up at all and our defenders didn’t really have to break sweat to deal with him.

Obviously, this is just based on one game. That may not reflect the actual abilities of these players.

From a Pars perspective, back 3 solid again. Fisher looks fantastic in that back 3. Comrie had a good game at wing back. Chalmers was my man of the match. He’s a totally different player this year. Wighton is genuinely getting better every game just now. We played good stuff at times and we’re unlucky not to score more. Hit the bar from one set piece. Wighton came close twice and McCann had a good chance. Mochrie and Edwards seem to have a really good understanding down the left hand side. Good link up play between the 2 that created space/chances.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

IIRC, Brewster scored a very similar long ranger against Livi one night. 

I recall that one. Was it not a League Cup game? Ah, Brewster!

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’d also repeatedly try and play it out from the back, but as soon as they were under any pressure, they’d just punt it anywhere. You just can’t play that way, with players like that.

Had some Nam style flashbacks to us doing exactly the same under Hughes last season!

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Starting to feel like Lennon has 'the board' under some kind of "Well, you're not going to get anyone better" spell.

Don't have anything to add which hasn't already been said but Lennon coming out and saying 3 at the back was a mistake days before redeploying it against one of the best teams in the league is wild, especially when you're including Grant (can't move), McLean (slow and old) and Thicot (...).

It's all just absolutely baffling.

We have had our differences and spats previously, but there is absolutely nothing in your post I can find to disagree with.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Parry used to be an excellent keeper at this level. Guess age has caught up with him.

He actually looks like Mehmet did for us last season. In fact, Clyde remind me of us last season. Peter Grant Sr was probably watching his sons last night, thinking Danny Lennon was doing a great job.

1 hour ago, Weegie Par said:

Thanks for this, I had forgotten all about that goal!

The Livi ‘keeper also threw one in the net that night and both goals featured on ‘David Seaman’s Goalkeeping Nightmares’ DVD which I got for Christmas 2003. Those were the days!

Scottish Cup replay if I mind right. David McEwan in goals.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Scottish Cup replay if I mind right. David McEwan in goals.

Broto? Went off injured in the first half I'm sure. 

I also think it must have been class to Hogmanay because I have it in my mind it was close to my birthday, cold night so people were joking about Broto going off because it was cold. 

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Broto? Went off injured in the first half I'm sure. 

I also think it must have been class to Hogmanay because I have it in my mind it was close to my birthday, cold night so people were joking about Broto going off because it was cold. 

Must have been January or February as it was a 3rd round replay. 

Broto was a great keeper. McEwan nor so much.

Also went last night, Clyde looked disjointed, not knowing what their jobs were. On the 3 or 4 occasions that decent crosses went in, there was either no one gambling or big enough to win headers.The only way was to push up and stop the Pars playing,force them into mistakes. Add some old heads and the youngsters may prosper.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Must have been January or February as it was a 3rd round replay. 

Broto was a great keeper. McEwan nor so much.

Looked it up. 3rd Feb 2003.

No highlights available online anywhere it appears though.