Edinburgh City vs Peterhead

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2022 at 12:02, Pete83 said:

Cheers Ruby.

I wasn't surprised that they didn't mention the change of name and badge as well as those who walked away. They will be hoping that goes away through time, and it's not something they will be going back on either in my opinion. I cannot see Jim being able to go freestyle in whatever the official media channel's release with his name next to it, given the chat about the owner basically making all the decisions.

I feel so bad for the long standing supporters who have gone for years and years, I speak to many of them and their feelings are understandable. On a personal level, I've not had years and years of my time invested in the club like some others - I just wanted to watch lower league football in my home City. Edinburgh are the only alternative if you grew tired of the monotony of a 2 horse race the past 35 years at the top end.

Interesting to review Pete's and others comments now 

"They will be hoping that goes away through time"

It only took a couple of months and a supposed fan pleasing change of name for some to come back.

The same people who didn't consult in the first place are still there and still in control 

"We listened to the fans and dropped the price". Aye, listened to the hundreds of Pars and Bairns fans who said they wouldn't be back. I doubt they're bothered about the City fans.

Enjoy it you returning mugs, the Board have played you like a 🎻

Would be interesting to see how away supports hold up after the first visit to Meadowbank, i usually go to all games home or away no matter how we are playing but really dont fancy returning for our next visit. The set up is just no good for watching a game. If as has been mentioned by some away supports start boycotting Meadowbank crowds could dwindle. With the team performing  so well how would they cope if going up a level. Seem to have got themselves into a situation had to move into a ground not as promised without another option.