The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

35 minutes ago, btb said:

Agreed, Truss is in office but no longer in power, the Tories have already lost the next GE the only remaining issue is who's gonna take the bullet. I suspect the Tories would like Truss to take said bullet leaving Sunak to takeover (Hunt would be in his mid 60s by the time of the following GE) the only drawback to this is that Truss is a black hole in terms of charisma - she could do a Major & leave the Tories unelectable for 2/3 GEs. 

If I was Truss I would beware being driven through any tunnels at high speed by a half-cut driver.

11 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The Tory party must been struggling "a bit" in Scotland. Nobody available to speak for the Scottish branch (or is that perhaps Scottish twig?) on Radio Scotland this morning. 

They are way down the list of organisations and people to be sent the Stock Answer to the Media memo. They'll receive it about a week after the Amersham Young Conservatives and Dumfries Farmers Wives Jam Making Institute.

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

If I was Truss I would beware being driven through any tunnels at high speed by a half-cut driver.

That would presuppose that Truss is aware of what is happening around her.  I honestly don’t think she is.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Before the 2019 intake I would have agreed but there are now a significant number of right wingers amongst the PCP who are probably more loyal to the right wing think tanks than they are to the one-nation Conservatives.

Yes, but this farce has weakened the mental right wingers.

That's why Hunt is making noises this morning about "compassion" and the like.  I'm not pretending he's remotely left wing by the way, even in terms of Tories.  

However, the blatantly, dementedly uncaring brand of libertarianism that Truss and Kwarteng represented, has been thoroughly exposed and discredited.  

A more relevant feature of the 2019 intake is the number from Northern seats who are scared of being jobless.  The Truss project which abandoned even a pretence at levelling up or redistribution, posed a bigger risk for those MPs than anything that would succeed it.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Quote from that:-       Another MP said: “We can’t go back to the membership again because they vote for whoever tells them what they want to hear, not for reality.”

Isn't that also the case for all Tory voters ?   Maybe all voters...

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

And that’s why you’ll never get it 

I can see it arriving relatively soon actually.

The UK is a real outlier in this respect and it's clearly not working.  If Labour get in and display any kind of long sightedness, it will happen.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The Tory party must been struggling "a bit" in Scotland. Nobody available to speak for the Scottish branch (or is that perhaps Scottish twig?) on Radio Scotland this morning. 

Surprised Radio Scotland need someone from the Tories given they themselves are massive Tory mouthpieces. Just wheel out one of the many bitter unionists they employ to say something. Kaye Adams or John Beattie are the obvious ones.