Stirling Albion vs Dumbarton

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

This is looking like a vidiprinter score. Like those scores in Grandstand where they gave you the number and then the word in brackets.

Stirling Albion 7 (seven)

First 15 minutes and we're 2 down despite there not being much between the sides. 3rd goes in and we collapse. Stirling absolutely strolling it. Predictable long balls. No closing down when we don't have the ball. I feel sorry for Gsrrity - only Sons player looking to try something. Everybody else letting us down.

The Forfar game last week suggested problems. Guys arguing between each other. No real cutting edge. This has been coming.

Garrity off at half time. Here comes John Gemmell to chase the game

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Quite why Farrell decided to go with 2 up top, away from home, against the form team in the league is completely beyond me. I said to a mate during the other week that as soon as we go on a bit of a bad run McKee will be the first to be culled and alas he proved me right.

And he’s hooked Gray! Just like Wilson last season.

Would it be crazy to sack him today…?

I mean, yes, but the 7 game winning streak looks like the anomaly in his tenure. Not this result.

We should’ve done it after Peterhead last season, though.

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We could get beat 20-0 and still be top of the league. It’s his 2nd loss in 10 games. Of course he’s not getting fucking sacked tonight. Behave yerselves.

Aye but we can dream...FFS we are gettin beat 6 nil what else is there to do..

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Would it be crazy to sack him today…?

I mean, yes, probably.

We should’ve done it after Peterhead last season, though.

You sack him today if it looks like the players have given up and his game management is erratic or contributed to the teams down fall.

I am not there today so cannot say comment on player commitment but going by the comments, his game management and decision making has been poor.

I still think we give him next week to get a convincing win. If not then he is gone.

I think folk need to calm doon a bit here. We could lose next weekend and still be top of the league. There is not a chance anyone is getting sacked unless we’re languishing at the arse end of the table. Today’s result is an utter shambles, of that there is no doubt, but if any one of you were offered this position before a ball was kicked you would’ve all taken it. 

There are certainly some worrying signs but Farrell has done enough in the first quarter to buy himself plenty of time. Anyone chanting sackings tonight or next weekend needs to give themselves a shake because it would be absolutely ridiculous and it is never going to happen.