St Johnstone v Celtic

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Fair enough but if my team scored a last minute winner against a team we were heavily expected to beat, and held a massive financial advantage over, I don’t think I would be taking my top off or running on the pitch. I know it’s Celtic fans highlight of the week to watch them winning against teams that cant compete with them financially. Seems to keep them happy. 

I love last minute winners regardless of opposition. You like making up stories about chasing folk in a car, I guess we’re just different people.

Sickener in the end.

Our players deserved a draw there, gutted for them.

Felt on another day Celtic might have been out of sight with some easy chances missed, 2 offside goals and a couple of decent saves from Matthews. Felt the ref and linesmen actually called that game fairly as well when you often feel the OF get more than their share of decisions.

Second half we were excellent and grew increasingly into it. Said to my mate at the time it just felt good to be in a match with Celtic with 10 minutes to go going for it and feeling there was a slight chance.

Should have held on at 1-1, just horrendous timing for Wright to roll his ankle, don’t know if he could have just kicked it out, but probably easier to say sitting watching if he’s in agony.

Well organised and created far more chances against Celtic than we ever normally do, and a narrow defeat.  Wee Max showed he’s first team starter level already and May was great when he came on. To be fair all of their players did fine.  Overall, despite the disappointment, got to be positive about that.

But just for those 90 seconds we were ahead after an injury time equaliser against Celtic it was soooo good ..

Interview Crying GIF

Edited by PauloPerth
Thought Liam Gordon had been booked, was talking shite

46 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Hmmm was the extended time necessary or just there to let sellik win?
Asking for a friend.

What extended time? 5 mins were added when Celtic were ahead and both goals were scored within those 5 mins. 

I was giving Drey Wright a slight forgiveness as i thought he took cramp and is legs just locked! (Any c**t that takes cramp kens what i mean i hope)! However i also think any defender drops down on the ball and holds it while rolling around in agony! then to hear on the radio he rolled is ankle ! not having any excuse there even a Brocken ankle/leg you get a couple of seconds of pain free before the pain kicks in, time to fall down on the ball FFS.

No issue with the timing of Celtic’s goal today so no sour grapes.

But I’m going to make the point again that it’s a joke in football how there isn’t a big massive clock for everyone to see how long remains. It’s the only professional sport where only one person has a clue how long the contest has left, leaving it wide open to claims of unfairness etc.

Would be so easy to have the refs watch linked to the scoreboard and be shown accurately on tv screens so instead of 90:00 showing for anything between 1 and 7 minutes at the end of the match, people know exactly how long is left. When the ref stops his watch, people see it.

If it’s too costly  to link to the scoreboard you could easily display it on a digital board at the side of the pitch like the ones they use for subs.

It’s mental to me how we are going to spend a fortune fucking about with VAR, which nobody wants, when surely nobody would object to something as simple as open timekeeping being introduced.

It’s another one of those games where we should have been out of sight, missed a few sitters and just about paid the price as St Johnstone for the last 20 minutes or so were great.

The big positive after conceding such a late equaliser is that it’s normal for heads to go down but we didn’t, we were more direct and aggressive in those 2 minutes than we were for the previous 93 but it’s 3 points more and onto the next.

Well played Saints

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Center half said:

I was giving Drey Wright a slight forgiveness as i thought he took cramp and is legs just locked! (Any c**t that takes cramp kens what i mean i hope)! However i also think any defender drops down on the ball and holds it while rolling around in agony! then to hear on the radio he rolled is ankle ! not having any excuse there even a Brocken ankle/leg you get a couple of seconds of pain free before the pain kicks in, time to fall down on the ball FFS.

Yeah he’s getting some stick on twitter but if it is cramp there is f**k all you can do about it really and have to stretch. Just terrible timing for him.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

No issue with the timing of Celtic’s goal today so no sour grapes.

But I’m going to make the point again that it’s a joke in football how there isn’t a big massive clock for everyone to see how long remains. It’s the only professional sport where only one person has a clue how long the contest has left, leaving it wide open to claims of unfairness etc.

Would be so easy to have the refs watch linked to the scoreboard and be shown accurately on tv screens so instead of 90:00 showing for anything between 1 and 7 minutes at the end of the match, people know exactly how long is left. When the ref stops his watch, people see it.

If it’s too costly  to link to the scoreboard you could easily display it on a digital board at the side of the pitch like the ones they use for subs.

It’s mental to me how we are going to spend a fortune fucking about with VAR, which nobody wants, when surely nobody would object to something as simple as open timekeeping being introduced.

Yup think this is being discussed on the gamesmanship thread it needs to be introduced ASAP and is much easier to implement than the likes of VAR. Would still card people however for tearing the arse out of goal kick etc with same ease or infact would use time keeper to penalise more.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Listen, i hate the Old Firm as much as the next person but you really cant blame fans for celebrating an injury time winner, regardless of who they are playing ffs🤣

Some folk on here dislike the OF so much I don't think they even enjoy watching football any more.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Some folk on here dislike the OF so much I don't think they even enjoy watching football any more.

I get people why people don’t like Celtic/Rangers but some particular posters on here obsess over it to the point they don’t realise they are more brainwashed than those they claim are. 

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I get people why people don’t like Celtic/Rangers but some particular posters on here obsess over it to the point they don’t realise they are more brainwashed than those they claim are. 

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

IrishBhoy fits the bill for me.