St Johnstone v Celtic

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

We are different people. You are happy to support a team that has a vast financial  advantage over 10 of the other 11 teams in the league, to the point where (in my opinion) the satisfaction that can be taken from any success is negated by the amount of money spent in order to achieve it.

If St Mirren had a Scottish Cup tie against a Lowland League club for example, and after a poor display we score a 94th minute winner I can guarantee the support wouldn’t be acting anything like the way the Celtic fans were today. I’m not saying you can’t celebrate the goal, obviously a last minute winner will be celebrated, but to have such a massive financial advantage like Celtic did today over St Johnstone, and have pitch invasions, fans chasing after players to hug them, guys running about with their tops off is just strange imo. That’s not even mentioning the players over dancing at the end of the game like they had just qualified for the Champions League final. 

Im not expecting you to agree with me because I imagine you’ve been a Celtic fan for a few years and all that will seem normal to you, but that’s just my opinion. From the outside looking in it seems like most Celtic victories are very hollow achievements, and deep down in the back of their minds the fans know this, so they overcompensate when celebrating things like today so they can all kid on to themselves that what they done was worthy of pitch invasions etc, and not the reality that a team stacked with international players and bought for a combined £50 million quid, scored a last minute goal to see off a team that was put together for almost nothing.

If that’s something you can genuinely take satisfaction from then fair play, you are correct and we are not the same. I think the novelty of regularly sticking 4 or 5 goals past 10 teams in the league not even remotely on the same level as you, season after season, would wear pretty thin quite quickly for me. 

Fecking hell you're worst than the fannies trying to tell us how to feel when the Queen died M8.

That was a great feeling to pick up all 3pts when I almost consigned myself to dropping 2pts.
There was some really good passages of play at times and Hatate can thread the ball through the eye of a needle.
Just missing the little bit of composure to convert chances that would easily put most opposition to bed.

18 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

That was a great feeling to pick up all 3pts when I almost consigned myself to dropping 2pts.
There was some really good passages of play at times and Hatate can thread the ball through the eye of a needle.
Just missing the little bit of composure to convert chances that would easily put most opposition to bed.

The last 3 domestic games have been poor from Celtic,the one touch football is gone plus there is a lack of creativity,decent results but poor performances.
Better performances in Europe but poor results,we missed McGregor's influence on the team yesterday, Turnbull seems to have dropped down the pecking order.

The last 3 domestic games have been poor from Celtic,the one touch football is gone plus there is a lack of creativity,decent results but poor performances.
Better performances in Europe but poor results,we missed McGregor's influence on the team yesterday, Turnbull seems to have dropped down the pecking order.

I would agree. It’s all looked a little bit laboured, but saying that I’d rather go through a dip in form early doors than towards the business end of the season.

8 hours ago, saint in exile said:

IMO that makes it even worse.The OF are consumed with their hate for one another.A hatred like no other A hatred that goes so far back in history it should have been dead and buried years ago.No that actually makes thd celebration worse not justifiable !

How does it make it worse? The point is to try win the league so dropping points yesterday would have meant dropping a 5 point gap to the team in 2nd in just over a month, that team in second just happens to be Rangers so in that context the goal is significant as it keeps us top.

Put the diddy narrow mindedness to the side for just a second and apply some context. If this was Arsenal scoring a last minute winner against Forest to keep them ahead of City do you think their fans would celebrate or just give a polite golf clap and doff of the cap?

2 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic fans are now ok with fans celebrating late goals, I seem to recall them having plenty to say about it....

On 08/10/2022 at 14:30, bennett said:

celtic go all out for a win, that's the difference and why they'll easily win the league. 

9 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic fans are asking questions about the effort that St Mirren put in against Sevco compared to celtic. How can they get beat 4 - 0 by such a poor team, yet can effortlessly beat angeball 2 - 0?

Benny’s entire posting history summed up in 3 posts. 

21 minutes ago, Gallo24 said:

Just the idea that due to the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers we should get rid of both teams. Let’s just get rid of River Plate and Boca Juniors while we are at it.

Is this a real comparison? Sectarianism from the old firm (Glasgow derby) or an intercity rivalry? I’m pretty sure it’s sectarian. The Argentinan  rivalry is quite obviously different.

Not being Argentinian I cannot comment on River Plate & Boca Juniors corrosive or otherwise effect on their country but what I do know is that Scottish football and more importantly Scottish society, would be in an infinitely more pleasant place if Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic did not exist.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Not being Argentinian I cannot comment on River Plate & Boca Juniors corrosive or otherwise effect on their country but what I do know is that Scottish football and more importantly Scottish society, would be in an infinitely more pleasant place if Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic did not exist.

Anti catholic bigotry would not disappear without the football mate

I'm sure it'll have been discussed before but did Giakoumakis get sent off on Saturday? Surely a yellow card was due for taking off his shirt and a second yellow for running towards the crowd? Or do those pesky rules only apply to the diddy clubs? I appreciate it wouldn't have altered the scoreline but rules are rules.