The Mo v Airdrie

The difference in the subs highlights the issues with the squad. There is no let up for them and we can’t bring any subs on that will make a huge difference (or be better than what we have on the pitch). Not sure if it’s the board or the manager but can’t see us doing anything

Credit to both teams the night cracking game of football if you ask me end to end stuff.

Montrose started off superb and could/should of been 3-4 first 25 minutes,after that Airdrie were miles better than us in large spells and we had to weather the storm a bit.Subs changed the game in my eyes CJ being a pest and scoring 2 played superb when he came on. 

Delightful result, strange game. Went 2-0 up without breaking sweat, and then decided to spend 60 minutes largely inviting the opposition on. Not usually a good idea. As last season, Airdire do move the ball better than us in midfield IMO. Once they levelled at 2-2 with the momentum I thought they would go on and win - only their lack of efficiency in front of goal, followed by the late CJ show got us home tonight. The commitment from Whatley to get the ball that led to goal #3 is just typical of what these players do under this management. Just glad to put the game away, these types of home wins are essential if we're looking at trying to crack top 4 again.

Obviously didn't get back home till after midnight . Over the 90 minutes Montrose did the important thing of converting their chances and those stats are often misleading on chances etc. 

Montrose were much better in several of the phases and looked to make up for Saturday defeat, and the play off as well. Much quicker to the ball and more likely to shoot. Yes it was a poor kick out by our keeper but it was a great shot for the 2nd. 

Had Gallagher got back a goal it might have spooked Mo but equally McAllisters wee lob could have seen us behind further. 

The second half did belong to us and I got carried away at 2-2 as did the McCabe tactics. I always worry when Craig Johnson appears and sadly he did his job. 

From an Airdrie perspective, we are now inconsistent in team selection but that might also be true for many clubs. It's only the first quarter and we are around the same total points, but something is not quite right. 

A minor quibble over that Stadium announcer: does he need to be so loud? 

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

A minor quibble over that Stadium announcer: does he need to be so loud? 

he's not the usual one, and is indeed louder than him.  Original announcer has kind of made the 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL' shout his own, maybe the stand ins need to get their own material

7 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

he's not the usual one, and is indeed louder than him.  Original announcer has kind of made the 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL' shout his own, maybe the stand ins need to get their own material

It's good to be excited and rouse the sweetie paper rustlers but it was a bit over the top. Fair enough for a stand in trying to impress. I might be wrong but did he mention the Airdrie scorers? The Mo highlights probably flatter us in chances and maybe a neutral would have enjoyed it also last night! Alas not me.  Still a long way to go.

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Apologies to the PA guy: he did mention the Airdrie scorers, maybe I was making too much noise as well. 

Believe me, he annoys many of us as well as the away support. There's absolutely no need for it.

To the game, as said above, we took our chances, Airdrie never. A very good game all in. From my perspective,  Airdrie were a far better team than Edinburgh. How you managed to lose 6 to them is beyond me.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

Believe me, he annoys many of us as well as the away support. There's absolutely no need for it.

To the game, as said above, we took our chances, Airdrie never. A very good game all in. From my perspective,  Airdrie were a far better team than Edinburgh. How you managed to lose 6 to them is beyond me.

Cause we had a man sent off and then decided to go 8 upfront and 1 in midfield