Livingston v Ross County (Sat 8th Oct)

The Staggies travel to The Toni Mac in an attempt to salvage some pride after last night’s gubbing from the ‘Well. If Malky Mackay wasn’t under pressure after our woeful start to the season before Tuesday then he certainly is now after one of the worst County performances in the Premiership era. Making it worse is the fact that we come up against a side we generally seem to struggle against in Livi. Martindale’s lads have started the season in decent nic, and have 9 points from a possible 12 at home. They’re a team I admire, and any manager that manages to turn Sean Kelly into a competent Premiership defender AND midfielder deserves a knighthood. The Staggies have never won an away Premiership meeting between the sides and, based on current form, I can’t see that changing this weekend. Mackay seems hell-bent on sticking with this 4-2-3-1 so in that case this is the team I’d go with in that shape:

Laidlaw

Johnson-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Purrington

Tillson-Cancola

Owura-Dhanda-Olaigbe

Hiwula

That team is pretty depressing to be honest and I don’t see where the goals come from but at least there’s a bit of creativity in behind Hiwula. Cancola gets in for a lack of a better option and surely Dhanda has to play to give us a link up the park from midfield. I don’t rate Hiwula off of what I’ve seen of him so far but White looks so shot of confidence and Dom Samuel just isn’t good enough. I can see Nouble tearing Johnson and Baldwin a new arse down our right hand side so you could maybe start Watson at right back but when you’re changing your team to caveat other team’s strengths you’re already mentally losing. Ultimately, I’d be surprised if we came away from this game with anything and if we lose, it’s hard to see a way back for Mackay from there.

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Fitzwater  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Omeonga

Bahamboula  -  Anderson  -  Nouble

Please and thank you, Kelly and Guthrie in for Fitzwater and Anderson if they're not fit enough to start. Montano could easily come back in for Penrice as well if his injury hasn't put him out longer than a couple days.

Should hopefully be a decent enough atmosphere with the 4k tickets handed out to schools (would probably expect about 2k to actually show up - which would still be decent) along with however many we gave to Ross County too, although they might have got chucked in the bin last night. Expecting a reaction from County after a disappointing start but got a good feeling we'll get the 3 points here.

Would be extremely pleasing to be the team that gets the fat racist sacked.

Edited by LiviLion

45 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Glasgow-based mug here attending the game. I’m relying on public transport to get to the game on Sat but believe there’s train strikes on. Is my best bet getting a bus from Glasgow to Edinburgh and then onward to Livingston?

Might be talking shite but I think there are still 2 trains an hour that would get you from Queen Street to Livi North. Getting back might be more of a hassle though, last train out will be before 6 and you'll need to change at Haymarket/Edinburgh.

Might be talking shite but I think there are still 2 trains an hour that would get you from Queen Street to Livi North. Getting back might be more of a hassle though, last train out will be before 6 and you'll need to change at Haymarket/Edinburgh.

Cheers mate, will have a proper look into trains later. In Edinburgh for the night after the game so would need to go through there afterwards anyway.

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Cheers mate, will have a proper look into trains later. In Edinburgh for the night after the game so would need to go through there afterwards anyway.

Should be fine in that case, even if you miss that last train you should be able to get a bus (or taxi if you're rolling in that sweet disposable income) no bother!

National Rail Enquiries has the updated timetables telling you what's actually still running.

Plenty trains will get you in for the game, but getting to Livi North for 17.13 for the last train to Edinburgh is optimistic. I'd just get a bus from town and save yourself the hassle. 

The bus takes forever, so have fun!

Always feel uneasy when we're going into a game against a team struggling for a win, and we're tipped favourites to win it.

Both teams have a bit of motivation from their last game, County after a heavy defeat, and us for losing to a last min goal against ten men, both of us have players and managers feeling they've let the fans down and wanting to make it up to them with a win.

Important we don't concede first and give County players a lift to push on, equally if we can score the first goal it should deflate them a bit piling on the pressure of their bad start to the season, taking the fight out of their bellies.

Would expect Guthrie or Goncalves to start ahead of Anderson, Martindale is still wrapping him in cotton wool and wont risk starting him, would be great if i'm proved wrong, he made such a difference when he came on against St Mirren, also hope Fitzwater and Montano are back playing, missed the latter for a goal threat at set pieces.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would expect Guthrie or Goncalves to start ahead of Anderson, Martindale is still wrapping him in cotton wool and wont risk starting him, would be great if i'm proved wrong, he made such a difference when he came on against St Mirren, also hope Fitzwater and Montano are back playing, missed the latter for a goal threat at set pieces.

Think Goncalves is carrying a knock so it will likely be Guthrie with Anderson getting about 30 mins at the end.

On 06/10/2022 at 10:13, Matty-RCFC said:

Glasgow-based mug here attending the game. I’m relying on public transport to get to the game on Sat but believe there’s train strikes on. Is my best bet getting a bus from Glasgow to Edinburgh and then onward to Livingston?

Another mug here who's taking advantage of the ticket offer and taking my niece along.

We're both looking forward to the McDonalds at 4:15.

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

Another mug here who's taking advantage of the ticket offer and taking my niece along.

We're both looking forward to the McDonalds at 4:15.

Show some class son. KFC all the way.

McDonalds is borderline child cruelty.

Mind you does anyone know what the guest pie is tomorrow? If its Chicken and chorizo or Steak; haggis and peppercorn; you wont be wanting anything.

Really can't afford to be benevolent here,and County won't expect us to be.Fully expect Livi to come out the traps all guns blazing depending on the starting lineup,with Davie you never know though.Were at home and should have good backing from a decent crowd.Just hope they don't let us down in light of the excellent PR stunt theve givin.Any kind of win will do,the 3 points are more important. Let's do it Livi.👊🦁👍.

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Show some class son. KFC all the way.

McDonalds is borderline child cruelty.

Mind you does anyone know what the guest pie is tomorrow? If its Chicken and chorizo or Steak; haggis and peppercorn; you wont be wanting anything.

For your classy culinary delights, eat some chicken from a bucket.;)

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Scottish football clubs get a lot wrong when it comes to the fan experience at the ground, but the guest pie concept is a winner. 

The biggest issue I have with Ross County is that they sell out of their venison pies before half time. Admittedly they might last longer if people such as me didn't buy two at a time but that not the point.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

For your classy culinary delights, eat some chicken from a bucket.;)

In the army in the seventies you used to get three courses served up at the same time in one bowl  it was really interesting if the first course was highland broth and the third course; rhubarb and custard. 

Class? You don't know the meaning.

32 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The biggest issue I have with Ross County is that they sell out of their venison pies before half time. Admittedly they might last longer if people such as me didn't buy two at a time but that not the point.

If you like a pie, check this out:  https://www.onlinebutcher.co.uk/pies

The donner meat with chilli sauce pie is a winner, but does nothing for your waistline.  The Buckfast sausage rolls are good too.