The Bear - Disney+

Don Diego De la Vega

• 1 month later...

I quite enjoyed the first episode, the flashbacks to each restaurant/chef that helped him being on the verge of greatness as a chef before going home and then Sydney eating her greatest ever meal was a nice tie up at the end

Ep2 was much better though, all hail cousin Richie 

2 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I quite enjoyed the first episode, the flashbacks to each restaurant/chef that helped him being on the verge of greatness as a chef before going home and then Sydney eating her greatest ever meal was a nice tie up at the end

Ep2 was much better though, all hail cousin Richie 

The relentless arguing between them was hilarious. I've almost waxed the full season now, basically in 1 sitting. Great stuff. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The relentless arguing between them was hilarious. I've almost waxed the full season now, basically in 1 sitting. Great stuff. 

Thought it was quite powerful when Marcus walked in and they stopped instantly 

I'm on the ship and watched 3 eps last night, meaning only to watch the first, but want to wait until i get home to have it on a proper tv. i know i wont be able to it will be finished today 

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think it was at all necessary. What was the point of it? 

It was like when one of those 20 episode a season shows 15/20 years  ago used to do a clip show out of laziness. We learned nothing important about any of the characters, I enjoyed the 2nd episode but again nothing really happened. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished all of this and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Season 3 was a big drop off though. It was still okay, but nowhere near the quality of the first 2 seasons. 

The family Christmas episode in season 2 was incredible, but I think the episode after it, where Richie realises his potential and begins to have some respect for himself, was amongst the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

Hopefully part 4 returns to the strength of the first two seasons.

4 hours ago, AUcal said:

Just finished all of this and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Season 3 was a big drop off though. It was still okay, but nowhere near the quality of the first 2 seasons. 

The family Christmas episode in season 2 was incredible, but I think the episode after it, where Richie realises his potential and begins to have some respect for himself, was amongst the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

Hopefully part 4 returns to the strength of the first two seasons.

iwearsuitsnow.jpeg.09ec7934c27a868c41512bbc0ca8e1d7.jpeg

A phrase for the ages. A simply wonderful character.

• 3 weeks later...

They need to tell Carmy to f**k right off. He's sinking the place pretty much single handedly with his f**king nonsense.

He's clearly not well but they need to stand up to him and tell to f**k off. His ridiculous waste alone is bad enough and will probably doom the place (R&D, where he lobs most of it in the bin, $11k on butter, using stuff just once, chucking out plates and bowl cos of minisule differences in size), but other shit  like his pretentious menu (who is that for?) and being an insufferable dick will be costly too, most notably when Syd finally realises what a p***k he is being and f**ks off. She's the place's biggest asset and if she went it wouldn't be surprising if other folk followed.

On 08/08/2024 at 17:30, DA Baracus said:

They need to tell Carmy to f**k right off. He's sinking the place pretty much single handedly with his f**king nonsense.

He's clearly not well but they need to stand up to him and tell to f**k off. His ridiculous waste alone is bad enough and will probably doom the place (R&D, where he lobs most of it in the bin, $11k on butter, using stuff just once, chucking out plates and bowl cos of minisule differences in size), but other shit  like his pretentious menu (who is that for?) and being an insufferable dick will be costly too, most notably when Syd finally realises what a p***k he is being and f**ks off. She's the place's biggest asset and if she went it wouldn't be surprising if other folk followed.

It's a TV show not an actual restaurant mate I don't think the writers are trying to write a functional hospitality business

Just now, GHF-23 said:

It's a TV show not an actual restaurant mate I don't think the writers are trying to write a functional hospitality business

Wait, it's not real?!