Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservative Party? - Part II - Electric Boogaloo

Ludo*1

Who will it be?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So that's Rees-Mog, Wallace, Ukraine and every TV news vox popped member of the public backing the Scarecrow clown who, after weeks sunning himself while meant to be representing his constituency, is suddenly on the first flight out of whichever donors Caribbean island he was rendering his blubber on.

He's the one with traction right now unbelievably.

It’s not unbelievable.

Its simply because he’s got a personality which strikes a cord with lots of people.

Just compare him to Sturgeon, Starmer, Sunak, Biden ,and most other politicians.
He may be a rascal and a rogue but he’s likeable.

With some good minders he’d be great.

Obviously not to all the sour faced, moaning Nats on here but to the general public, he’s a breath of fresh air.

My wife is desperate for his return.

Now, there’s a post just inviting some witty and abusive ripostes!

It’s not unbelievable.
Its simply because he’s got a personality which strikes a cord with lots of people.
Just compare him to Sturgeon, Starmer, Sunak, Biden ,and most other politicians.
Obviously not to all the sour faced, moaning Nats on here but to the general public, he’s a breath of fresh air.
That sounds more like a critique of Ant & Dec rather than someone touted to be the PM of the UK. It's nowhere near enough as he found out only months ago. The Tories have no good spin masters and strategists that's their Achilles heal and it's what has put them in this massive death spiral so he would suffer the exact same fate only quicker. A quarter of the parties MPs that he promoted into cabinet resigned and he was forced out by his own party. There is no hope of them uniting behind him but I suppose the totally inevitable drubbing when eventually a GE comes might push a lot of them to use him as the patsy / fall guy for that.

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

So the racist , misogynist, russian money taking, no morals......no it's not surprising he appeals to the small minded Tory membership.

For clarity DPB, I am not an SNP supporter.

For clarity, I’m not a Tory member but a periodical supporter.

Last party I had a membership with was UKIP.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
It’s not unbelievable.

That sounds more like a critique of Ant & Dec rather than someone touted to be the PM of the UK. It's nowhere near enough as he found out only months ago. The Tories have no good spin masters and strategists that's their Achilles heal and it's what has put them in this massive death spiral so he would suffer the exact same fate only quicker. A quarter of the parties MPs that he promoted into cabinet resigned and he was forced out by his own party. There is no hope of them uniting behind him but I suppose the totally inevitable drubbing when eventually a GE comes might push a lot of them to use him as the patsy / fall guy for that.

I think your analysis is probably correct, unfortunately.

15 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

LBC giving it "the joint ticket" Basically lazy lard ass goes back to playing to the crowds and generally putting his foot in it. The wee brown guy gets to be the power behind the pantomime but never gets to go to the ball thus keeping the racists onside.

By racists,  you mean, conservative party membership 

Reports that Johnson is asking Mordaunt to 'withdraw'................fvckin' pity that BawJaws can't seem to learn how to do this............

"As reported at 3:38pm, PA Media is reporting a line briefed out that Boris Johnson asked Penny Mordaunt to drop out of the leadership race and to back him.

“Sources close to the Leader of the House of Commons” told the news agency that Mordaunt refused, warning that most of her support would switch to Rishi Sunak if she did."

Updated at 15.59 BST

He 100% didn't have the numbers. The "I could have been your last but one and next PM but I've decided that there are more important things than me" is just the most Trumpian bollocks. 

On the one hand, good. The fucker is totally unfit for office but on the other, the next couple of years will be a nightmare for the UK government and he'll raise his cunty fluffy head when it goes tits up again, as it most assuredly will. 

Sunak will be PM. Hunt will stay as chancellor and the fuckers will impose a new brand of Austerity and do their utmost to hold on for the maximum 2 years before a GE. They will be a significantly more competent government but the external and internal pressures will be immense. Sunak is not loved by the right of the parliamentary party and not liked by the membership. The energy crisis, the cost of living, the pending mass industrial action, new elections in Northern Ireland, regular rebellions from the lunatics on the backbenches and so on will push them hard but I can't imagine a situation where they'll just admit defeat and call an election.

Buckle up, this will be as bad as the Trussition period we've just had, except longer and without the inevitable impending collapse to look forward to in the short term.