Craziest Fandoms

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

I like Star Wars (originals only) and hate Star Trek. Both fandoms I agree are obsessive. Was in Disney last week and the amount of grown adults cutting about the Star Wars themed park (which is amazing to be fair) in full regalia was unbelievable. 90 degree heat and these nutters are walking about in robes and military uniforms, full leather etc. Mentalists.

Trekkies are bona fide for the list though. @scottsdad

They do the same with the Harry Potter school robes in Universal. Americans man. 
But in the star wars bit, they charge you £200 to ‘build a lightsaber’ you see grown men walking about with these in carry cases thinking they look cool as f**k. 

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They do the same with the Harry Potter school robes in Universal. Americans man. 
But in the star wars bit, they charge you £200 to ‘build a lightsaber’ you see grown men walking about with these in carry cases thinking they look cool as f**k. 

That's funny. Blue Peter showed me how to build a Blake's 7 laser gun out of a straw, a yoghurt pot and a cardboard tube in 1979.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That's funny. Blue Peter showed me how to build a Blake's 7 laser gun out of a straw, a yoghurt pot and a cardboard tube in 1979.

Yep, dont get me wrong, ten year old me would be all about that, but £200? I was thinking about the money they must make, every car £25 parking, 200 geeks a day building lightsabers, £4 for a coke that cost them 50p. Must make money hand over fist.

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep, dont get me wrong, ten year old me would be all about that, but £200? I was thinking about the money they must make, every car £25 parking, 200 geeks a day building lightsabers, £4 for a coke that cost them 50p. Must make money hand over fist.

Saw that lightsaber thing. I mean what are you actually going to do with it when you get home? Grown adults jumping about the house playing at Star wars. Mental. A few folk on the flight home had them, struggling to get them in the overhead baggage storage.

Saying that we did give the kids a gift of building a droid each. They both went for R2D2. I was raging as I wanted a BB8 to play with.

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Saw that lightsaber thing. I mean what are you actually going to do with it when you get home? Grown adults jumping about the house playing at Star wars. Mental. A few folk on the flight home had them, struggling to get them in the overhead baggage storage.

Saying that we did give the kids a gift of building a droid each. They both went for R2D2. I was raging as I wanted a BB8 to play with.

My ex would do this then have it on his wall. 🙈

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Aye at least for the kids you get the remote controlled droid thing which is probably brilliant fun. Agree id prefer a bb8 too though, if we get to california in june ill let my wee guy build a droid.