Kili v Livvie

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

My worry is Shamal going down again with what looks like a recurrence of his leg injury. At first I thought it was a bit of timewasting but he dropped to the deck at the final whistle too. Hope he's not had a flair up as we've seen the alternative. 

I avoided the Celtic thread like the plague but Konovalov should come in if required. 

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Knew he was a goal threat but didn't know he had a 20 yard thunderb*****d in his locker. Brilliant to see him again and hopefully that's his injury worries behind him.

100%, didn't feel like we were under as much threat when Montano came on. He really shored up the defence but the strange thing is, I didn't think Longridge was having a bad game....not sure if it's just Montano's pace or the fact he's a threat going forward that means teams are less likely to attack his side but he definitely made a difference.

My worry is Shamal going down again with what looks like a recurrence of his leg injury. At first I thought it was a bit of timewasting but he dropped to the deck at the final whistle too. Hope he's not had a flair up as we've seen the alternative. 

Said the same thing on another forum, never being sure if Shamal is at it or not, esp with him just coming back from being injured. He does that every game too, then usually plays the next game, so fingers crossed.

Montano gave us a threat in attack that Jacko wasn't doing, and his delivery got us the og winner, good strong bench having Omeonga coming on fresh as well, then Holt and Shinnie at the end to see out the game.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I avoided the Celtic thread like the plague but Konovalov should come in if required. 

Given Martindale openly questioned Hamilton for the first two goals I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen

Montano again proving to be the difference. Longridge is a decent option but any time he has a prolonged run in the team his flaws show, I wouldn't be surprised if Penrice comes back onto the scene at the main backup LB

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hard to tell from a couple of seconds in this clip, but Shamal is at least walking over to the fans celebrating our win, which is good for him being ok to play in our next game. If there was any injury he'd surely have been straight down the tunnel.

Absolutely love big Nouble, Anderson and Devlin giving it proper big licks

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That was abysmal, Chris Stokes is a John Terry cosplayer, a chest thumping fraud.

Even ignoring the penalty and the OG (if that’s even possible) you do need to wonder why a professional football player is so bad with one foot that he cannot even attempt a 15 yard backpass and instead prefers to use the only foot he has to awkwardly kick the ball out for a corner.  

I’m done with the majority of the squad tonight they can get fucked.

Well, that was an interesting game. Shocking defending for 4 of the 5 goals and a thunderb*****d.

Bruce Anderson's 'f**k you play me' attitude was the difference there. Without him, we lose that game. Peach of a finish for the first (although on the replay it does look as if Hemming was a little slow getting there). We've struggled to score all season, a fit Brucey makes a massive difference to us. I hope that his injury issues are now fully behind him.

Montano was the other difference maker IMO. The quality drop off between Montano -> Longridge is huge. Nouble was half the player he normally was for the first hour as he was playing on the half way line to cover Longridge, and as soon as Montano came on he moved 15 yards further forwards and started causing some problems. 

Stokes was hilariously bad. There was little pressure on him for the OG, and the penalty was pretty clear. He was whining about a push for some reason but the replays show that he just fucked it. Ash Taylor had a decent game up against Nouble for the most part. 

Hopefully Shamal's injury isn't too bad and he can make it through the next 2 games. And I'm hopeful that Holt's fit, we looked a lot better when he came on.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Anderson and Bahamboula were very good, but Nouble is something else, I genuinely can't remember a player like him in Scottish football in my lifetime. I don't think we'd have won that league if he'd stayed at Arbroath.

I completely agree, but yesterday was Nouble's worst performance this season IMO. He's been unplayable so often this season, yesterday he was downgraded to just 'a handful'. I guess that says a lot about the standard he's shown this season

Only Celtic had beaten Killie in 11 matches at Rugby Park before last night. Then for much of it, it was looking like a Livi defeat, so to end up getting the win was a fantastic result.

I loved Anderson's performance last night. With his first goal, he pressed both Killie centre backs himself causing Taylor to have to slightly rush his pass into the Killie midfield. Aggressive pressing by Longridge too to force the turnover and Anderson's strike was brilliant. His role in the winning goal was also great. Tenacity, good close control, awareness and a quality lay off to Montaño.

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Well, that was an interesting game. Shocking defending for 4 of the 5 goals and a thunderb*****d.

Bruce Anderson's 'f**k you play me' attitude was the difference there. Without him, we lose that game. Peach of a finish for the first (although on the replay it does look as if Hemming was a little slow getting there). We've struggled to score all season, a fit Brucey makes a massive difference to us. I hope that his injury issues are now fully behind him.

Montano was the other difference maker IMO. The quality drop off between Montano -> Longridge is huge. Nouble was half the player he normally was for the first hour as he was playing on the half way line to cover Longridge, and as soon as Montano came on he moved 15 yards further forwards and started causing some problems. 

Stokes was hilariously bad. There was little pressure on him for the OG, and the penalty was pretty clear. He was whining about a push for some reason but the replays show that he just fucked it. Ash Taylor had a decent game up against Nouble for the most part. 

Hopefully Shamal's injury isn't too bad and he can make it through the next 2 games. And I'm hopeful that Holt's fit, we looked a lot better when he came on.

I'd say Bruce had an equally important part as Montano in our winner, his persistence to rob back the ball, then quick feet to turn and play it through to Montano setting him up for the cross along the 6 yard box. His energy up front doing a lot of pressing was telling too, almost caught out Hemmings in a press, and generally made a nuisance of himself. Says it all us scoring 3 goals in a game, when we have mostly struggled to score more than one without Bruce starting.

Loving the Bahamboual, Nouble, Anderson attacking formation too, with Devlin & Montano providing support from both wings.

Fitzwater could be doing with getting back up to speed, that's two games running he's lost his man and cost us goals, big Nouble too has done that at set pieces, think it was against St Mirren away he lost his man when they scored, and again last night for their first goal. 

Anyways, great 3 pts, giving us some decent breathing space from the bottom 3 teams, allowing us to target the teams above us and not having to be looking over our shoulders, looking at being dragged into a relegation place.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

big Nouble too has done that at set pieces, think it was against St Mirren away he lost his man when they scored,

Aye, Martindale said that in his after match interview but once he watched it back later he might've changed his view. Shaughnessy did technically "win" the header but Nouble had stopped him getting proper contact. The problem was more that Greive then pounced on the second ball ahead of any Livi player.

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, Martindale said that in his after match interview but once he watched it back later he might've changed his view. Shaughnessy did technically "win" the header but Nouble had stopped him getting proper contact. The problem was more that Greive then pounced on the second ball ahead of any Livi player.

:thumsup2

That's one way to describe it, he def lost his man last night anyway, nae technically about that one. He'll be well drilled on who he should be marking at set pieces, same as everyone else was as they all looked exasperated at Nouble, you could see it on their faces almost gesturing they were all doing their job marking their men. 

Fitzwater too completely lost his man against Celtic when they scored, was a bit closer to his man last night but still got well beaten to the header, not getting back far enough.

Fortunately it didn't cost us this time, with us out scoring Killie. Think this is the first time we've come back from behind to win a game too. 

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Anyways, great 3 pts, giving us some decent breathing space from the bottom 3 teams, allowing us to target the teams above us and not having to be looking over our shoulders, looking at being dragged into a relegation place.

On Fridays performance, you’ve nothing to worry about. Best team apart from Septic to play at RP this season……even though we were pish.

That Martindale is an angry man though, never stopped shouting and swearing at his players and even enjoyed a wee bit of ‘banter’ with someone in the stand behind him, seems a very decent manager and put ours to shame on the night.

Thought your wee bunch of fans were magnificent as well. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The keeper wasn't actually injured surely? Felt like a textbook case of timewasting given the time in the game.

Yeah he's done that a few times this season, but with him missing our last game out injured it's a bit of a worry he actually might not be pretending. 2 mins was added on to the 4 mins added time anyway, so i don't think we got away with much time wasting out of play.