The Traitors (includes spoilers)

MSU

Anyone else watching this? Stumbled on it on the iPlayer yesterday without a clue what it was about, got hooked in the first ten minutes, binged the first three episodes, caught up with last night's later. It's like the US show The Mole, or a version of Big Brother but the contestants are encouraged to backstab and plot as they try to identify the three traitors in their group while avoiding suspicions themselves. I don't know if it's the format, the contestants, or the evil version of Claudia Winkleman presenting it, but it's probably among the most entertaining TV I've watched this year; the sort that has you screaming at the telly when the cliffhanger drops. Last night's was SENSATIONAL!

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I watched the first three episodes over the weekend and just caught up on last night's in time for the next episode.

The format is absolutely bang on and the cliffhanger last night was something else. Really interested to see how this plays out.

They've already announced a 2nd series and Alan Cumming is heading up the American version which starts in January and takes place in the same castle.

Edited by The Naitch

Watching people make classic mafia blunders.

They get hung up on the idea that the unusual people are mafia, the people that put themselves forward or stick out in a way. When literally anyone could have been tapped on the shoulder.

I did enjoy Jon throwing a wobbly after he accused Aaron of being overly emotional and it is only a game.

Also they need to wear name tags at least at the Round Table. The amount of times people have misspelled names is kind of rude.

Thought Ivan's, "here comes the prestige" was devastatingly good, and I was thrilled that Tom finally got punted. All that business about outing his relationship with Alex to protect her was so obviously an attempt to cockblock Matt and wound up putting the pair of them in the frame.

I'm impressed that Maddy has stuck to her guns for the last few days despite her bullshit reasoning sounding more and more daft every time she goes through it and she's just taken against Wilf.

Brilliant stuff again tonight, although I'm kinda wishing I'd just waited til it was all over and then binged it because these cliffhangers are unbearable.

5 hours ago, The Naitch said:

They've already announced a 2nd series and Alan Cumming is heading up the American version which starts in January and takes place in the same castle.

I'm surprised that they're doing an American version as we already have The Mole, which is pretty close to it though nowhere near as compelling. Alan Cumming, tho. Yikes.

3 minutes ago, MSU said:

Thought Ivan's, "here comes the prestige" was devastatingly good, and I was thrilled that Tom finally got punted. All that business about outing his relationship with Alex to protect her was so obviously an attempt to cockblock Matt and wound up putting the pair of them in the frame.

I'm impressed that Maddy has stuck to her guns for the last few days despite her bullshit reasoning sounding more and more daft every time she goes through it and she's just taken against Wilf.

Brilliant stuff again tonight, although I'm kinda wishing I'd just waited til it was all over and then binged it because these cliffhangers are unbearable.

Agree that ivan's exit was good.

it is hard to judge how well the faithful are doing just because the show is clearly edited with a narrative for the episode in mind. Who knows if Maddy is on the right track or has another 5 nonsense theories but is currently pushing Wilf and is correct.

The other thing is the game isn't to find the traitors, the game is to survive until the end. If you stick your neck out and get a traitor they are going to kill you very soon after. And then you don't win the money which is the whole point of the show.

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to The Traitors (includes spoilers)

Amanda is the best traitor although Wilf proved himself to be the most traitorous traitor. As much as she's a broken record, I kinda admire Maddy's relentless pursuit of Wilf and I don't think any of the events of tonight are going to throw her off the scent. She's playing a great game for the Faithfuls. If folk had listened to her from the start, she'd have got rid of the lot of them by now. Maybe.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Alyssa was my favourite. 😢

Hope Alex and Amanda gang up and get rid of Wilf, now. Assuming Alex accepts, which I hope she does as it will make better telly.

Alyssa was crumbling a bit but Wilf could  have accused someone else. BUT I don't think the traitors are splitting the money either. How the actual game is decided seems unclear.

I would have recruited the GP or not recruited and killed Maddy. Because the first thing she said after Alyssa was revealed was to say it could still be Wilf. Take her out while Wilf has credibility.

I guess you can double think this to death, but I reckon Maddy's position is strong because she's maintained it's Wilf and she's still there. If Wilf wasn't a traitor the easy traitor position would be to get rid of her so the other faithfuls think it's retaliation. 

I also have no idea how this is supposed to end.

Caught the 2nd episode by accident and been binge watching since - compulsive viewing. Saw the last two episodes tonight - wow! 😮

Most of the players are absolute rockets.

Also, f**k being stuck buried alive in a coffin, even for 45 minutes.

Alex should've accepted the offer and then at breakfast told everyone she'd been approached but declined. When that didn't happen, Wilf should've said he'd been approached but declined.

Slightly surprised they murdered Alex as she was still a decent bet for being banished.

Maddie will be for the chop soon after revealing her extensive acting career which amounted to being a homeless woman on Eastenders and *checks notes* a patient on Casualty. I hope she sticks around though, great entertainment.

Amanda, for the time being, is still playing an absolute blinder. Icon.