Airdrieonians v Dunfermline Athletic

So we head through to New Broomfield/Shybury Excelsior/Penny Cars Arena (I honestly have no idea what it's called now) for the first time in what feels like ages. 

Airdrie are a bit all over the shop with some good wins and some laughable defeats; their performance at East End in the reverse fixture was one of the best away teams I've seen over the past wee while and this will be another tough one.

We are generally good on the road, Montrose apart, and some of our best performances have come away from East End - at Meadowbank, Falkirk and there on Friday at Arbroath. Comrie and Mochrie will probably come in for MacDonald and Todarov in this one, althoug after a 5-1 away win keeping the same team won't be a shock.

Hard fought 1-0 win for the Pars, and hopefully Alloa take something off Falkirk.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano
Website still doing that massive gaps between paragraphs thing

Think it will be a very difficult game and wouldn't be surprised if we lose, but hoping of course for a win. Gap is only 5 points so really need to get a win. Tough run of games coming up and potentially could be off top by Christmas, but could alternatively have a good lead at the top. 

Dunfermline have done exceptionally well this season (remind me of Cove from last year minus Megginson and a better defense IMO). 

I don't really buy comments from other posters to say Dunfermline are a negative team or defensive. On our 1-1 game you went for it and put us under a lot of pressure for the last 10 minutes especially. 

This game has came at a much better time with McGill, Frizzell and potentially Josh Rae coming back which leaves us in a much stronger position but still lacking squad depth.

Our home form is excellent with only one defeat but as pointed out Dunfermline's away form has been very good.

Depends what Airdrie show up, if we turn up like we did in the first half against Falkirk, Dunfermline could be out of sight. Turn up like the Montrose 4-0 I'd be optimistic of a positive result. 

Massive game and a win will put us back in the mix.

I agree with everything @David Fernández says. We’ve pretty much been playing the same guys for 90 minutes every week since July so last weekend was probably a welcome rest, especially if it gets Frizzell, McGill and Rae closer to full fitness. I expect Frizzell to come in from the start with McMaster dropping out and maybe McGill in for Jamieson too. Assuming Rae isn’t fit then the only other big call is in defence. I’d keep ATS in as he strolled it against Falkirk and as much as it’s still confusing to say, he’s had a better season than Fordyce.

I’ve gone for a low scoring draw but as with pretty much all of our games, it genuinely could be anything. An early goal and some confidence and we could be flying and although we do tend to struggle when we concede first, we’ve done well to come from behind in our last two games, especially given they were away from home. Dunfermline seem a lot less unpredictable, which is why they’re so far ahead of us, so we’ll have to be at our best to get anything from this.

9 hours ago, Mr November said:

I agree with everything @David Fernández says. We’ve pretty much been playing the same guys for 90 minutes every week since July so last weekend was probably a welcome rest, especially if it gets Frizzell, McGill and Rae closer to full fitness. I expect Frizzell to come in from the start with McMaster dropping out and maybe McGill in for Jamieson too. Assuming Rae isn’t fit then the only other big call is in defence. I’d keep ATS in as he strolled it against Falkirk and as much as it’s still confusing to say, he’s had a better season than Fordyce.

I’ve gone for a low scoring draw but as with pretty much all of our games, it genuinely could be anything. An early goal and some confidence and we could be flying and although we do tend to struggle when we concede first, we’ve done well to come from behind in our last two games, especially given they were away from home. Dunfermline seem a lot less unpredictable, which is why they’re so far ahead of us, so we’ll have to be at our best to get anything from this.

There is zero chance of ATS starting before Fordyce, if fit of course.

Predicting a 2-1 win for us tomorrow. Can see it being a very tight game.

We are very on/off this season in terms of performances so hopefully we turn up.

Dunfermline have that edge that get them over the line in tight games which we seem to lack. They are definitely the most physical side we’ve come across this season but seemed to handle it well.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Any chance of the game bring off? I know the snow is meant to turn to rain and slush later but the roads in Dunfermline were crazy this morning after snow fell on already frozen surfaces. Cars sliding about all over the shop, even on some main bus routes.

Celtic B Teams game that is due to be played at our stadium tonight is postponed. So there is a chance that it could be called off tomorrow.

As someone else had said it could literally be anything for us. I think Dunfermline will score, I'm not as confident we will, however in the same breath if one of the teams scores 4 or 5 it will likely be us as well. Go figure. I doubt it will be dull either way.

10.30 pitch inspection.