Darvel v Aberdeen 23rd Jan Live on BBC

Suspect Device

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I enjoyed this as the seethe began to bubble to the surface after a mellow start. Would have loved a second paragraph to see where it went :)

The old P&B “seethe”. What part of what I said is inaccurate? Just how I saw/see it.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was shocked at just how shite much of Aberdeen's football was last night.

On multiple occasions Joe Lewis kicked the ball directly over everyone's heads for the Darvel keeper to comfortably collect. Dreadful waste of the ball.

Also, there were multiple long balls up the wings that either bounced harmlessly out of play for a goal kick or were right to the Darvel defence or keeper. Hideous football.

Then the defending for the goal! So casual, no urgency to close the Darvel players down after the cross.

The general body language of the Aberdeen players looked night and day to the Rangers cup semi. From minute 1 they looked like they couldn't be arsed and any time the camera went to Goodwin and the dugout they looked the same.

I haven't had time to read much of this thread but I'm hoping the myth that Aberdeen had a perfectly good goal ruled out has been nailed. Horrendous decision clearly but the Darvel No.18 clearly pulls out when he heard the whistle. He would easily have reached the ball. An og would be a possibility of course but far more likely he would have been competent and cleared it for a corner.

14 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

“I once made a 350 mile round trip on a Monday night to watch my Scottish Premiership club get pumped by a non-league mob live on national TV”

C8D01D49-ECF2-4ADD-BC73-6469B6DF9AE3.jpeg.cbafeed351f02544079549d289f533f2.jpeg

“Ok, so who is your team and who humiliated you?”

49D81694-A6E1-4187-88B4-76062780D73C.jpeg.9c0dfd15050979a7c5ff27f72f16ba2d.jpeg

“Well I support Aberdeen and we got beat by a club called Darvel”.

7CD0DC13-D8FF-465E-AA9A-BDB0E9B70921.jpeg.0f001741f902e4b47028740210060525.jpeg

“Darvel? Who the f**k are Darvel? There isn’t a team called Darvel. I’m going to say it’s a lie”.

DEE6503A-4E31-4394-9FCE-803EED7A4B1E.jpeg.8104034c457afaed097ee16b21a8288b.jpeg

“It is in fact true”

8E5645CE-635D-4677-A58F-191B836E68AF.png.d00e2fde252e4a5d21402d85121726ad.png

Have your two hundredth greenie, you superb fucking c**t you! 

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

I haven't had time to read much of this thread but I'm hoping the myth that Aberdeen had a perfectly good goal ruled out has been nailed. Horrendous decision clearly but the Darvel No.18 clearly pulls out when he heard the whistle. He would easily have reached the ball. An og would be a possibility of course but far more likely he would have been competent and cleared it for a corner.

Know what you mean but if VAR had been available the goal would have stood,also Aberdeen would have had a pen

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Goodwin is the manager so has ultimate responsibility but I thought Stewart was the cause of the defeat last night. He is captain but constantly passed sideways or back to the keeper. I don't think I have ever seen so many non passes in a game. There was no urgency from the back line and few forward passes - back and side was the name of the game. Keeping possession in a one off Cup game doesn't get you a result when you are a goal behind.  In contrast every time the Darvel defence had the ball they were pushing it forward. Goodwin should have been bollocking Stewart and Stewart should have been leading by example. Two failures.

Needs boiled for glue that c**t. Found a blue shirt more often than red. 

A small moment that showed his complete lack of leadership was when we had a throw and he just looked like he was going to cry because no one was coming to take it and just waited, no decision, no instruction. Fanny. 

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

If you look closely at the Darvel goal, the ball goes out of play.

50 minutes ago, Venti said:

(hate to requote)

Just looking at this the 'shuttle bus' does me in...

WTF were you planning a muthafucking space shuttle?

Are you... unfamiliar with the concept of shuttle buses?

I love the Footy Adventures guy's enthusiasm but referring to a town of 3800+ people as a "tiny village" is just silly. It's the fourth-biggest town in east ayrshire (what an accolade).

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Are you... unfamiliar with the concept of shuttle buses?

I love the Footy Adventures guy's enthusiasm but referring to a town of 3800+ people as a "tiny village" is just silly. It's the fourth-biggest town in east ayrshire (what an accolade).

No.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Needs boiled for glue that c**t. Found a blue shirt more often than red. 

A small moment that showed his complete lack of leadership was when we had a throw and he just looked like he was going to cry because no one was coming to take it and just waited, no decision, no instruction. Fanny. 

Noticed that, too.

15 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

“I once made a 350 mile round trip on a Monday night to watch my Scottish Premiership club get pumped by a non-league mob live on national TV”

C8D01D49-ECF2-4ADD-BC73-6469B6DF9AE3.jpeg.cbafeed351f02544079549d289f533f2.jpeg

“Ok, so who is your team and who humiliated you?”

49D81694-A6E1-4187-88B4-76062780D73C.jpeg.9c0dfd15050979a7c5ff27f72f16ba2d.jpeg

“Well I support Aberdeen and we got beat by a club called Darvel”.

7CD0DC13-D8FF-465E-AA9A-BDB0E9B70921.jpeg.0f001741f902e4b47028740210060525.jpeg

“Darvel? Who the f**k are Darvel? There isn’t a team called Darvel. I’m going to say it’s a lie”.

DEE6503A-4E31-4394-9FCE-803EED7A4B1E.jpeg.8104034c457afaed097ee16b21a8288b.jpeg

“It is in fact true”

8E5645CE-635D-4677-A58F-191B836E68AF.png.d00e2fde252e4a5d21402d85121726ad.png

Out of green but damn! 

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

27 minutes ago, The Duck of Death said:

Why did Aberdeen wear white? Are clubs somehow contractually obliged to wear their change strips. Blues v Reds would have been so Subbuteo.

Yes.

Clubs are contractually obliged to wear each of their strips x amount of times. That is why sometimes you see teams wearing their away strip at home or their home strip away. 

In reality there is no such thing as a home, away or third strip. They are only strips.