Arbroath v Queens Park

Right. First things first. Friday night football just before Christmas is kind of cool, would hope that could potentially boost the crowd a wee bit but then again after our last home performance that could be wishful thinking 

However, last 2 league games have been encouraging in spells. We really still do not look like coming close to scoring a goal however whereas our opponents have probably been one of the more dangerous teams in the division. First game was terrible and QP deserved winners but second game at Ochilview was a close affair 

For me…. With all the injuries we have…. I would go 

Gaston

Oakley

Little

ToB

Hammy

Bitsindou 

Hoti 

Gold 

Hilson

Linn

Fosu 

I fully expect to get beat but it’s the last game before the window opens. Hallelujah 

Merry Christmas everyone 

Probably the only time I’ve been glad to see a fixture switched to a Friday night from a Saturday afternoon. An Arbroath hangover not ideal for Christmas dinner.

Couple of solid results in their past couple of games, so not expecting this one to be an easy game. Can only really ask for more of the same of what we’ve been producing in recent times and hope to remain as clinical! Great three points up there earlier in the season in testing conditions, although I‘m expecting it a tad chillier.

26 minutes ago, an86 said:

Probably the only time I’ve been glad to see a fixture switched to a Friday night from a Saturday afternoon. An Arbroath hangover not ideal for Christmas dinner.

Couple of solid results in their past couple of games, so not expecting this one to be an easy game. Can only really ask for more of the same of what we’ve been producing in recent times and hope to remain as clinical! Great three points up there earlier in the season in testing conditions, although I‘m expecting it a tad chillier.

QP, Dundee and Raith been by far the worst weather wise. Most games other than they 3 conditions been extremely calm. Looks a bit middling going by Friday nights forecast. 

We are fair racking up the draws in these ‘solid results’ overall we’ve played perfectly well but the lack of attacking threat is by far and away our main problem. We have to keep a clean sheet to win a game cause we will not score more than one. It’s rather depressing going a goal down because you kind of know we aren’t winning and in the games we’ve went 1 up we’ve resorted to trying to hang on to it and they games also have seemed to end up in draws.

Off the top of my head, in the games we’ve not been absolutely horrendous (Partick home and away, QP home, Raith home, Cove away)

Arbroath 0-0 Inverness 

Ayr 0-0 Arbroath 

Dundee 4-2 Arbroath

Morton 1-2 Arbroath 

Arbroath 1-1 Dundee

QP 1-1 Arbroath

Inverness 1-1 Arbroath

Arbroath 1-0 Hamilton 

Arbroath 1-1 Cove 

Arbroath 1-1 Morton

Raith 1-1 Arbroath 

It realky is quite remarkable at how uneventful / shite our season has been. An incredible amount of draws and a severe lack of excitement. If there’s more than 2 goals in a game it’s usually because we’ve been pumped. Most of the seasons just been very stressful and constantly on the edge wondering either how the f**k we’re gonna score or how we’re going to hold on with the end result being rather unremarkable.

So I think a win would be extremely unlikely because I fancy QP to score a goal. Would have to be some kind of miracle for you not too. However we can be a competitive football team so a 1-1 is what I’m kind of feeling here. 

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

QP, Dundee and Raith been by far the worst weather wise. Most games other than they 3 conditions been extremely calm. Looks a bit middling going by Friday nights forecast. 

We are fair racking up the draws in these ‘solid results’ overall we’ve played perfectly well but the lack of attacking threat is by far and away our main problem. We have to keep a clean sheet to win a game cause we will not score more than one. It’s rather depressing going a goal down because you kind of know we aren’t winning and in the games we’ve went 1 up we’ve resorted to trying to hang on to it and they games also have seemed to end up in draws.

Off the top of my head, in the games we’ve not been absolutely horrendous (Partick home and away, QP home, Raith home, Cove away)

Arbroath 0-0 Inverness 

Ayr 0-0 Arbroath 

Dundee 4-2 Arbroath

Morton 1-2 Arbroath 

Arbroath 1-1 Dundee

QP 1-1 Arbroath

Inverness 1-1 Arbroath

Arbroath 1-0 Hamilton 

Arbroath 1-1 Cove 

Arbroath 1-1 Morton

Raith 1-1 Arbroath 

It realky is quite remarkable at how uneventful / shite our season has been. An incredible amount of draws and a severe lack of excitement. If there’s more than 2 goals in a game it’s usually because we’ve been pumped. Most of the seasons just been very stressful and constantly on the edge wondering either how the f**k we’re gonna score or how we’re going to hold on with the end result being rather unremarkable.

So I think a win would be extremely unlikely because I fancy QP to score a goal. Would have to be some kind of miracle for you not too. However we can be a competitive football team so a 1-1 is what I’m kind of feeling here. 

We know the pain of draws. We recorded 18 last season and must of took the lead in about 15 of them. It was getting to the point that a defeat after a game would sometimes feel more comforting as you have a reason to get raging instead of a constant neutral and emotionless feeling coming out of every game which ended in a draw. 

2 wins out of 18 games and only 12 goals scored - this is what happens when key players leave the club, followed by poor recruitment decisions and a constant run of injuries to some of our best players.

We are limping to the transfer window, but could take up to 4 weeks of negotiations to get some deals over the line - it's going to be a long wait in January, but good players are worth waiting for.

I'd settle for the match being postponed - but there are likely to be 3 more games in January before the cavalry arrive to dig us out of this hole.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Am I right in assuming that the suggestions of this being off are just wishful thinking from Arbroath fans? The forecast is dry and relatively mild between now and Friday night.

Aye no way it’s off. 100 percent on. 

Scottish Prem clubs and English Championship clubs (where we will be getting our loans from) have been doing nothing the last month this window could be completely different 

8 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Important question: does Gayfield do macaroni pies?

No. Steak and black pudding pies are our speciality. You’ll get a macaroni pie at the Bellrock chipper just along the road or at Marcos at the harbour, a 5-10 minute walk.

I stand corrected, it seems we do sell macaroni pies.

Edited by Tattie36

On the balance of probabilities Arbroath will lose this game - no team who has only won 2 games all season can start as favourites.

Plus QP have the best striker in the league with Si Murray.

Given our position we should be looking for a win - but under the circumstances, I will take a draw and hope that DC can sort out this mess in January - as otherwise we are heading for Division 1.

20 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

No. Steak and black pudding pies are our speciality. You’ll get a macaroni pie at the Bellrock chipper just along the road or at Marcos at the harbour, a 5-10 minute walk.

I stand corrected, it seems we do sell macaroni pies.

Hope you don’t get charged for a hate crime of ignoring non meat-eaters. 

36 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

On the balance of probabilities Arbroath will lose this game - no team who has only won 2 games all season can start as favourites.

Plus QP have the best striker in the league with Si Murray.

Given our position we should be looking for a win - but under the circumstances, I will take a draw and hope that DC can sort out this mess in January - as otherwise we are heading for Division 1.

Honest question: would you trade the highs of last season and the lows (so far) of this season for all of that time in mid-table mediocrity?